Scope for colorado hunting and long range target

slowS4

FNG
Howdy all, im putting together a new rifle setup and am so lost/ overwhelmed with scope options. I purchased a Bergara b-14 squared crest in 7 PRC, I plan to use the rifle for elk and other hunting here in Colorado as well as for long distance target shooting. Id like to spend $1,000 plus or minus a bit, i'm fine with used optics as well as long as its from a brand with good warranty. Being lightweight is also a bonus. So far from all the reading here and elsewhere i have compiled this list.

Maven rs1.2 (wont be in stock for a month or so)
NF SHV
Trijicon credo

I had also been sugested something from Athlon like the Ares BTR gen2 hd.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Get the Maven with Mil reticle once back in stock. The other two don't have great reticle options...the SHR-MIL reticle in the Maven is one of the better overall use reticles available currently IMHO.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It would be our pleasure to discuss different options and special opportunities with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, and speak with either Doug or Neil
Thank you

I just got the Credo 2-10. I have used the NF. I do not recommend the Athlon if the budget allows the other choices. The Athlons are cool, a bit heavy, and will not hold up to bumps and drops. If that is even a concern.
The Credo 2-10 has a usable reticle but it is very small at 2 power. I like the overall form factor of it but no having parallax is going to take some getting used to.

Last edited: