Looking for a long range rifle bipod

huntnful

WKR
For General Hunting

The Gunwerks bipod is great for all prone positions. It deploys extremely fast, it's solid, and fairly light. If weight and cost are not as much of a concern, the MDT Lightweight Double Pull is awesome.

Sitting or kneeling, I prefer a tripod.

As some others have mentioned, you can use your pack which works just fine for a lot of instances. I still prefer a bipod/tripod combo for my style of hunting. I prefer spot and stalk or ambush hunting.

If you've ever been on a long crawl, and tried to push/pull/carry your backpack instead of using a bipod you know it can suck. It's also much louder. There is a reason myself and most people I hunt with drop our packs before making the final stalk.

Other styles of hunting may work better without a bipod.
Yes sir. Completely agree. I crawling stalked in to 4 different animals last year. And dropped my pack a hundred yards back or so and just used by bipod. Having to bring a pack, let alone get it positioned properly for a shot within close distances of animals would have been trash. Not having a 14oz (or lighter) go anywhere, stable front rest doesn’t seem worth it to me personally. I’ll always have one. You can always still just shoot off the pack if it works out that way. But I would never want it as my only option in the field.

ZAR EC

FNG
Tier One Evolution on heavy recoil guns and Backlandz Precision Alpine on ultralights