Scope for 308

OP
A
If "features" make a scope "best" to you, that Vortex is it, I guess. If working and not breaking makes a scope best to you, Vortex is at the bottom of the heap.
Features are no good if they don't work. I really do appreciate everyone's input

z987k

WKR
I am noticing there are a couple of brands that Rokslide love blindly. I am trying to get budget friendly late-season jacket and bib recommendations and Sitka has been the overwhelming recommendation. Unfortunately not budget friendly unless I can find a Friends and Family code soon.
I don't think it's all that blind when there's more or less a testing standard, in which some scopes pass, and others don't.

You don't need sitka. You don't even need camo to hunt successfully.

OP
A
I don't think it's all that blind when there's more or less a testing standard, in which some scopes pass, and others don't.

You don't need sitka. You don't even need camo to hunt successfully.
We hunt late season, so I just want to be warm and dry when I sit in the stand. Sitka makes some nice gear but can't justify the full price. I am leaning towards First Lite or ASIO. I've heard good things about code of silence but worry about burs.

I've played with the idea of non camo to use when not hunting but worry about noise.

Farwest

FNG
Trijicon is hard to beat for the price. I have a Trijicon 1-10x28 Credo. It is illuminated Red/Green and the
glass to me is equal to my illuminated Leupold Mark5 3.6x18x44's and Zeiss S3 4.x25x50's. The illumination is daylight bright. I will purchase another Trijicon.

OP
A
Trijicon is hard to beat for the price. I have a Trijicon 1-10x28 Credo. It is illuminated Red/Green and the
glass to me is equal to my illuminated Leupold Mark5 3.6x18x44's and Zeiss S3 4.x25x50's. The illumination is daylight bright. I will purchase another Trijicon.
I wanted the Trijicon Credo but for my use and my original budget I decided to go with the recommended Huron.

OP
A
I got the Huron in the mail today.

I like it, looks solid but I feel the eye relief or eye box might be getting used too.

I dont have it mounted to my rifle yet but it feels like I have to get directly behind with very little forgiveness. If I go up to the Credo HX or Accupoint will this get better?

I am going to try to see if somewhere near me has them in person so I can compare.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a trijicon accupoint 3-9 on my Kimber 308. I think it cost about 600 dollars. It’s mounted with warne bases and warne mountain tech 1” low rings. Seems like a great setup for that rifle.

WKR
I got the Huron in the mail today.

I like it, looks solid but I feel the eye relief or eye box might be getting used too.

I dont have it mounted to my rifle yet but it feels like I have to get directly behind with very little forgiveness. If I go up to the Credo HX or Accupoint will this get better?

I am going to try to see if somewhere near me has them in person so I can compare.
My offer stands. If you decide the eyebox won't work for you, I will buy it.