Schnees width & length compared to Crispi?

I know this has come up in a few other threads off and on, but not sure the exact comparison I am looking for has been mentioned by many folks yet.
I am unable to try on any of the high end boots in my area. I’m looking at Crispi Nevadas (or Guides) compared to Schnee’s Beartooth II. Mostly interested in sizing/fit comparisons between these two.
I have Nevadas and they fit pretty well in a size 12D (regular width). Anyone have both and can direct me to what size I should try in a Beartooth? The width of a Crispi Nevada is about perfect for me. Snug but not loose. The 12 leaves me with room to breathe for my toes and they don’t touch the ends on declines. The heel might be the only thing that isn’t perfect about the Nevadas for me. Seems like my heels aren’t locked in tight if I’m not laced up perfectly.
Curious how the Beartooth will compare for me. Was thinking I should go 12EE (wides) based off reviews, but those are out of stock. Schnees customer service says try without the wide and see, but all reviews on here seem to point towards their boots being narrow and tight in the toe box? Also, how do the Beartooth’s run in length? Short or true to size? Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

slvrslngr

WKR
I have the Beartooths, wish I had bought the Nevadas. If you like the Nevadas, I’d stick with them. I feel the Beartooths are slightly narrower.

huck

Lil-Rokslider
I have Beartooth 200 I usually wear a 10.5 but went with an 11 for heavier socks in late archery . Schnees is very helpful if you give em a call .

JoshOR

Lil-Rokslider
I tried a 10 wide in the beartooth 2’s, a no go for me, too tight in the toe box. Tried on 10 nevadas and they were roomier in toe box, but not by a lot.

OP
Hoosier_Guy
Thanks. I ordered a 11.5 wide. If it’s long enough that my toes aren’t going to bump the front end on declines I’ll probably be good to go. If the beartooths in a wide are at least as wide as a Nevada in regular, I’ll be good on width.

rm90

Lil-Rokslider
I typically wear a size 12 for boots and shoes so i had ordered a size 12 boots - I ordered scheens bear tooth with no insulation. I bought a pair of the green super feet insoles. After about 50 miles I feel i have broken in these boots however i have been really killing my feet. I have had a few instances where i have gotten blisters/ hotspots. It was painful but i kept on with the pain spening +450 on a pair of these booth. Even after putting an additional 10 miles with the super feet. These boots gave me godawful pain. I have a high arch and these hit me with a sharp pain. I am currently in looking to sell these boots. I purchase the Scarpa Zodiac GTX these Boots provided me a night and day difference stiff sole but help when you are loaded up

huck

Lil-Rokslider
Once again did anyone call Schnees for help or advice ? We where boots for a hobby / lifestyle , These guys build boots for a living .If you cant wrap your head around that , I dont no what to say. They will do damn near anything to make a guy happy short of marrying your ugly sister inlaw , that might take 2 pr. boots, never asked but short of that its all to[p shelf.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I know this has come up in a few other threads off and on, but not sure the exact comparison I am looking for has been mentioned by many folks yet.
I am unable to try on any of the high end boots in my area. I’m looking at Crispi Nevadas (or Guides) compared to Schnee’s Beartooth II. Mostly interested in sizing/fit comparisons between these two.
I have Nevadas and they fit pretty well in a size 12D (regular width). Anyone have both and can direct me to what size I should try in a Beartooth? The width of a Crispi Nevada is about perfect for me. Snug but not loose. The 12 leaves me with room to breathe for my toes and they don’t touch the ends on declines. The heel might be the only thing that isn’t perfect about the Nevadas for me. Seems like my heels aren’t locked in tight if I’m not laced up perfectly.
Curious how the Beartooth will compare for me. Was thinking I should go 12EE (wides) based off reviews, but those are out of stock. Schnees customer service says try without the wide and see, but all reviews on here seem to point towards their boots being narrow and tight in the toe box? Also, how do the Beartooth’s run in length? Short or true to size? Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Replied to this sizing question on another thread on here, but our boots fit very true to size, in both width and length, and we mean that in the most literal sense. All of the lasts we build our boots on are sized against a brannock device, which is the metal foot sizing device in shoe stores, footwear departments, etc.. From a quality control standpoint, many companies out there don't strictly adhere to the brannock for sizing, which muddies the water a bit on size comparison between different brands, styles, etc... In my experience, our boots fit very true to size. Having said that, I pretty much always size up a half size in everything I wear, as I like more room for my toes and a heavier sock when needed. For example, my foot measures a 10.5wide and I wear an 11wide in our boots. I can fit the 10.5 just fine, but like I said, I personally like a little extra room.

Hope that helps
- matt

Smokeslider

Lil-Rokslider
I have a couple pairs of Schnees and find them pretty similar to length of the other boots including Crispi. Where they differ is the width. The front half of my feet (toe half) is normal width and my heel is narrow. The schnees fit my feet better than most other boots telling me they are more narrow, at least in the heel than the other boots including Crispi that I have tried on.

OP
Hoosier_Guy
Once again did anyone call Schnees for help or advice ? We where boots for a hobby / lifestyle , These guys build boots for a living .If you cant wrap your head around that , I dont no what to say. They will do damn near anything to make a guy happy short of marrying your ugly sister inlaw , that might take 2 pr. boots, never asked but short of that its all to[p shelf.
I did call them. Awesome customer service experience so far. But I still value the opinions and experiences from everyone else using them in the field too. Sizing is a tricky thing and different for many but the more reviews I can read the more comfortable I can feel about getting it right in one swing… I hope.

rm90

Lil-Rokslider
I did reach out to Scheens today, They customer Service is Great very exceptional.
I had a great interaction, I spoke with Matt he gave me some pointers on what to look out for. I should have called. Any how they do provide great customer support. I will find out tomorrow what recommendations they can further provide for future clarification i would recommend reaching out to them. They will help out a customer.

huck

Lil-Rokslider
To me they are more a athletic fit , they are not clodhopper boots they are more like something you would jog in but tough as hell, at least for me . I could find a bitch but I would have to make it up .

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I did reach out to Scheens today, They customer Service is Great very exceptional.
I had a great interaction, I spoke with Matt he gave me some pointers on what to look out for. I should have called. Any how they do provide great customer support. I will find out tomorrow what recommendations they can further provide for future clarification i would recommend reaching out to them. They will help out a customer.

Happy to hear I was able to help you out! - matt

colby12

WKR
Customer service from Schnees has been phenomenal, a lot of help to get me what I wanted. I like the beartooths but I do have some issues after giving them all the try last year. I ordered 11.5 and 12 to see which fit better. 12s had way too much room in my whole foot so I kept with the 11.5s. I haven’t had any significant pain and only blisters before I changed the insoles. I have to be deliberate about keeping them tight and my heel locked back. I feel like most trips require a day in them to loosen them up and they’re good but initially a little tight. I’m torn right now between ordering the 12s again just to confirm and trying out a different boot. I put somewhere between 125-150 miles on them last year.

EDIT: I am a slow learner and didn’t realize what my toe box “issue” was. I was tightening the laces too tight squeezing my foot and causing some issues. I adjusted my lacing and wore around the house/town and all seems better.

Last edited:

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider
Just my experience. I had my foot measured on a brannock device. According to that I needed a 9.5 wide, EE on the brannock device. I ordered a 9.5 wide on my Beartooth II boots. Length is perfect, toebox has enough room. I feel they are right on the line of being a wide size so they initially feel just a tad snug. But after break-in and playing with the tension on the lacing, they feel great, even with liner sock and mid or heavy weight sock. I was worried if I ordered a size up the length would be too long. I think it would be great if they made their boots just a tad bit wider but other than that, great boots.

OP
Hoosier_Guy
So I tried the 11.5 wide in the Beartooth II. They were very close to fitting my feet but I felt they were maybe just a smidge too small. I felt a little tight up in the toe box area. When laced in my toes were not touching the ends, but felt like with some midweight merino socks, I was very close. I also noticed the volume inside the boot (vertically) was a bit less than I’m used to, and less than the Crispi Nevada for example. It’s almost like I need to add some space vertically with a thinner insole, but obviously I do not want to sacrifice proper support from a quality insole. Anyone know of any insoles that may be a tiny bit thinner in the forefoot area past the arch of your foot that would maybe work well?
I have some 12 wides on the way for comparison later this week, but in the meantime I’m looking at insoles that might help in case the 11.5s are what I need.

Last edited:

colby12

WKR
I have the blue superfeet in mine based on a recommendation from Schnee's and that alleviated that issue for me.

Also I edited my complaints with the beartooths on an earlier post. I was tightening the laces way too tight on the toe box, they fit great when I tried them on. Once I started using them and tying them too tight it felt like I was walking on ice skates but oddly they were still usable. Got a pair of Crispi Colorados and they seem to have a lot more room in those areas. Insoles are the same size, boots appear to be the same size so I dont know what causes the difference. I like the beartooths enough I plan on stopping by their store this summer while I am up there and getting some help. Sorry more than you asked for but I feel like we are fighting a similar battle.

OP
Hoosier_Guy
I have the blue superfeet in mine based on a recommendation from Schnee's and that alleviated that issue for me.

Also I edited my complaints with the beartooths on an earlier post. I was tightening the laces way too tight on the toe box, they fit great when I tried them on. Once I started using them and tying them too tight it felt like I was walking on ice skates but oddly they were still usable. Got a pair of Crispi Colorados and they seem to have a lot more room in those areas. Insoles are the same size, boots appear to be the same size so I dont know what causes the difference. I like the beartooths enough I plan on stopping by their store this summer while I am up there and getting some help. Sorry more than you asked for but I feel like we are fighting a similar battle.
That’s helpful. Thanks. I was looking at the Superfeet Carbons. Grey colored. They say they’re a little thinner for more athletic, tighter fitting shoes. May have to scope out the blues as well.

OP
Hoosier_Guy
One other question for the Beartooth crowd.. anyone deal with squeaking around the lower tongue area? Seems like it’s the material around the tongue combined with the pressure from the laces creating a squeak when stepping? I’ve got a 2nd pair, different size on the way and was going to just see if the 2nd pair does it before I worry too much. Other than these couple issues, the quality of the boot is great. Much better stability and ankle support than the Nevadas (for me), so I returned the Nevadas to try and make the Beartooths work out.