Scammer Got Me for 2500$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay now I’m confused… Are we saying he’s a Ukrainian scammer or are we saying that he’s a rich 17-year-old who doesn’t need the money? Orrrrr… is he a Rich 17-year-old Ukrainian living in Idaho with lots of high-end optics that doesn’t need the money? But still a scammer of course…
🤯

CorbLand

WKR
Okay now I’m confused… Are we saying he’s a Ukrainian scammer or are we saying that he’s a rich 17-year-old who doesn’t need the money? Orrrrr… is he a Rich 17-year-old Ukrainian living in Idaho with lots of high-end optics that doesn’t need the money? But still a scammer of course…
Wait you introduced a new theory...where did the Idaho part come into play?

Hey hey, why are we assuming he lives in Idaho! His profile name clearly states Oregon? Or are we assuming he lives in Idaho but hunts Oregon?

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is what I gleaned from 1 years post. He lives in Grant Pass Oregon, Owns an EXO pack, owns more than 2 spotters and has hunted out of state. Also bought and sold and placed multiplee WTB ads for tents and optics. This is not judgment it is his words from prior posts. Is this typical from a 17 year old?

Same. Also seems to have good knowledge with Exo and SG packs. Pretty good experience for a 17 year old. I have raised two and at that age they loved hunting, but not to the knowledge he has.

Again all that working a minimum wage job during the summer.
I wouldn’t totally discount that he is 17 years old. At 17 I totally knew that much about fly fishing gear. Depends alot on the personality and interest level. He may just be a super hard worker or have a hook up.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t totally discount that he is 17 years old. At 17 I totally knew that much about fly fishing gear. Depends alot on the personality and interest level. He may just be a super hard worker or have a hook up.
Yeah but also made the statement that his mom was just now letting him do a hunt on his own. But yes I am hearing what you are saying. Just doesn’t all add up.

You’re from Oregon, I know you‘ve declined at least one offer but I have a pair of 10 power Leupolds you can use. I’m near La Grande if you’re coming through

Ucsdryder

WKR
Here is what I gleaned from 1 years post. He lives in Grant Pass Oregon, Owns an EXO pack, owns more than 2 spotters and has hunted out of state. Also bought and sold and placed multiplee WTB ads for tents and optics. This is not judgment it is his words from prior posts. Is this typical from a 17 year old?
Man this is hard work keeping up! So he is a 17 year old kid, most likely, but has been on an out of state hunt and has an exo pack and 2 spotters so therefore he doesn’t need the 2500 that bad? 😆

Why don’t we see if he posts, then get the WKR that does federal background checks to do some digging. Or we could continue our witch hunt out of fear we’re going to get scammed out of 10 bucks by the smartest Ukrainian scammer in the history of the world!

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
Ok. Now I’m really lost. I felt for the kid and was trying to figure out how to help but you guys have me believing he was about to scam all of us for contributing. If anyone really figures out what’s going on, please share. My hope in humanity is that he was legit but …

zacattack

WKR
I mean he does have the dollar sign after the 2500 in the title which a lot of foreign countries do, there’s also something about the grammar and punctuation. Seems sketch.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you search my post for the past 10 years you should find I am the least likely guy around to ostracize anyone. I absolutely applaud genuine generosity to fellow outdoorsman and I hope my posts on this topic don’t seem I am indicating there is fraudulent intent here.

That said-I believe we should police ourselves and -perform due diligence on any issues like this. This could be a totally honest member that’s simply made a bad judgement call. Everyone can decide for themselves but I absolutely don’t intend this to be a character indictment-just has some issues they seem off

Ucsdryder

WKR
If you gents are going to do something to help this young man out, I would also be in. As far as vetting him, it is a necessary step in my opinion. I can do a background. Whoever is heading this up, I'd ask to speak with them before they contact OP for any pedigree info, as there is a process to this to be scam proof so to say.
No hard feelings if my assistance isn't needed/wanted!

Edited, as stated earlier.
The OP sent me a message. It sounds like there are a BUNCH of people willing to help, and a bunch of us that would like to confirm that he is who he says he is. @Team4LongGun If you’re able and willing and the OP, @OregonHunter13 is willing (not sure why he wouldn’t be if he’s legit) then let’s get the ball rolling!!! When I hear back from team4longgun that he vouches for the OP, I’ll start a thread with the OPs PayPal.

Acidbraker

Lil-Rokslider
We're overthinking this. He files a fraud/theft with his local jurisdiction PD, includes his paypal username in the report. He reports back here to say he has done so, and ONE of us known trustworthy people start a PM with him to verify his jurisdiction. That ONE person would then just place a call to that PD non-emergency and ask for a phone call from an officer referencing the case number that OP would provide. PD would not violate anything by confirming that the case as explained exists, and they would have a real person attached to their file.

Just my .02$ (see what I did there?)

This feels like it has the potential to become a new BOAL level thread... I'm craving a mystery. If he turns out to be legit, I have my $10 contribution lined up... I know how hard it is to save up for something like that at any age and then blow it. That's a steep price to pay to learn that internet strangers should be trusted very very rarely when it comes to money, or really anything.

ADKHTR

Lil-Rokslider
You also must be 21 to buy beer but none of us found a way around that.

I will put 10 bucks up too. I do think there are some inconsistencies but I will give it the benefit of the doubt.
I am simply pointing out the obvious, people are talking about Fed background checks and police reports, lets start with something simple, you must be 18 to have a PayPal account, so any donations made would obviously not be to his account, take that into consideration, I bought more beer before I was 21 than now at 44!

280Ackley

WKR
Hey if you are just giving those Kowa's away I will get in line, lol. I am 37 with 4 kids, a wife, a dog, a mortgage, and now with increase in cost of living across the board, it's possible that I may actually have less money then this kid, even after he lost $2500 to nothing. Hell some could say i have done the same thing with kids sports and activities! LOL.
I got you beat!! 37, 4 kids, a wife, 2 cats and 2 mortgages plus I commute 150 miles a day for work😂😂😂. But if @OregonHunter13 did indeed get scammed and is going solo at 17. I would gladly give him an extra set of binos that are not being used. I’d even pay for shipping!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.