Savage Lightweight Storm .308 mags

gostovp

WKR
I’m looking at the Savage Lightweight Storm in .308…does anyone know what mags does this take.. and are extra mags even available?? In one YouTube video it looks like it takes a special mag, and even in the Savage catalog on the last two pages that lists compatible mags, it doesn’t even show one…

A lot of the pics online, even on savages website, show the old style mags. Im almost positive they use axis mags, same as the ultralites. Little push button on the front right? Good luck finding any. If you do, let me know! Been looking for a couple myself

Chris_in_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
It's the sliding push button, not the bending push button. If the picture is accurate I believe it's the one linked below. It says 243, not sure if it would be any different for 308.

Edit: Removed link to scam site.

Last edited:

Chris_in_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
I'm seeing the part number 55232, but when I Google it I see results for both styles of mag so I'm not sure how reliable the number is. Here's a picture of the correct style. It says "Std Short" on it which leads me to believe the 243 one above is correct for 308 also.

savage-axis-243-winchester-rifle-magazine-4-rounds-1313579-1.jpg

Savagearms.com doesnt have them in stock, nor does anybody else. But this savagearmsusa does? And they only accept zelle and bitcoin payments it looks like. Its not savages website. Im calling it a pretty obvious scam site.

Last edited:
OP
gostovp

gostovp

WKR
I’m seriously considering NOT getting this rifle because of lack of mags

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
Savagearms.com doesnt have them in stock, nor does anybody else. But this savagearmsusa does? And they only accept zelle and bitcoin payments it looks like. Its not savages website. Im calling it a pretty obvious scam site.
DEFINITELY a scam! Run away!! Run away!!

OP
gostovp

gostovp

WKR

Post that discussed the mags… apparently 55232 is interchangeable?

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
It`s been very hard to find magazines for Savage rifles for quite a while. A good place to go with questions concerning all things Savage is Savageshooters.com. Dave and Charlie b know about all there is to know pertaining to Savage rifles, and are nice guys to boot!

OP
gostovp

gostovp

WKR
There is no bottom metal on the Edge/axis I thought… magwell is just molded into stock isn’t it?
It`s been very hard to find magazines for Savage rifles for quite a while. A good place to go with questions concerning all things Savage is Savageshooters.com. Dave and Charlie b know about all there is to know pertaining to Savage rifles, and are nice guys to boot!
why is that? Savage sells a ton of rifles, you would thing they would have the mags for them as well

Last edited:
Reach out to Savage, either through email or phone, and ask them for the specific part number. You can even buy it from them assuming they have them in stock.