Savage 110 ultralight (proof barrel)

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
Is that 7 pounds 7oz or 7.7lbs (7lbs 11oz). From my quick calculations of the the vx5 listed weight and the ultralite's listed weight, it should come in a 7lb and 7oz although that's not factoring in rings which could be 3-4 oz
7.70 my scale doesn’t do lbs and once’s. It’s a fishing scale. So yes 7.11 I have Talley mounts and a Spartan bipod adapted mounted upfront. So that could account for some. Wether it adds up or not base on specs. It’s definitely what my rifle weighs. Also I do not have a muzzle break. That’s the other area I could see a slight variation in the weight.

Has anyone had issues with cycling or gumming of cycling the bolt?

Furthermore- anyone strip the rear trigger guard screw after breaking down and them re-installing and have to epoxy and retap like myself?

TheHammer

WKR

Furthermore- anyone strip the rear trigger guard screw after breaking down and them re-installing and have to epoxy and retap like myself?
Is the side of the lug on the inside (left side if right handed, right side if left handed) catching and scoring the lug? I have not seen a rear trigger guard screw strip out on an accustock, usually it’s the plastic trigger guard breaking and guys installing stainless or matte black steel units.

505Wapiti

WKR

I’ve experience none of the issues you described, not sure how stripping the rear trigger guard screw would happen. The only thing I did change on mine was I put in a Kinney’s enhanced extractor/ejector kit after I first got it. Got rid of the MB and shoot suppressed now. Super quiet, super accurate, and my boys love it.

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider

The rear trigger guard screw happened to me. It was stripped when the gun was new. The cheap ass plastic stock that the steel screw is threaded into is the problem. I replaced the stock altogether because it’s the absolute worst stock on any $1500 gun made. Cheap ass crap.

As far as the action goes the only issue I ran into after about 150 shots was the trigger spring. Had to replace it with a new one because sometimes it wouldn’t reset after cycling and couldn’t put the safety on. Or pull the trigger.