Savage 110 ultralight (proof barrel)

It’s getting a little better. I’ll probably spend some time polishing on it some time this winter. It is ugly as sin, but does fill a role at a cheap price for what it is.

As far as the stock discussions, I’m anxiously awaiting someone to jump in with a quality lightweight stock for this thing. I set a fitting for my javelin bipod into the stock, but it is really to flimsy to use it. I’ve had good luck in a couple other polymer stocks, but this one has zero torsional rigidity in the fore end. I haven’t actually shot it off the bipod yet, because I suspect it is going to break the fitting out at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
yeah, i'm gonna put a javelin on mine too and see how it goes. i had the caldwell accumax (i think it's called) and it's a pile in this environment.... not made for the weather we get here. i cleaned it up and put it on my CZ 17hmr... it will be fine for shooting sage rats.

it is pretty flimsy in the fore end, so we'll see. if it doesn't work out, that's ok. i'm mainly shooting off my pack or shooting sticks anyways. got a set of the wiser precision quick sticks, which will suit most of my needs in all reality.

maybe the javelin will work out though, i'm gonna try it

wyosam

WKR
yeah, i'm gonna put a javelin on mine too and see how it goes. i had the caldwell accumax (i think it's called) and it's a pile in this environment.... not made for the weather we get here. i cleaned it up and put it on my CZ 17hmr... it will be fine for shooting sage rats.

it is pretty flimsy in the fore end, so we'll see. if it doesn't work out, that's ok. i'm mainly shooting off my pack or shooting sticks anyways. got a set of the wiser precision quick sticks, which will suit most of my needs in all reality.

I’ve got the drilled/flush mounted connectors in almost all my rifles. As much as I hate them hanging down, I think I’d stick to the adapter that uses the swivel stud threads. Another option would be to fill that part of the fore end with JB weld, let it harden, then drill. The really thin plastic supports inside just wanted to chip and crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got the drilled/flush mounted connectors in almost all my rifles. As much as I hate them hanging down, I think I’d stick to the adapter that uses the swivel stud threads. Another option would be to fill that part of the fore end with JB weld, let it harden, then drill. The really thin plastic supports inside just wanted to chip and crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
appreciate the tip. i did plan on using the swivel stud threads.... it's very clean compared to what i'm used to, having harris bipods mounted on almost all of my rifles the last several years... that little connector is nuthin' ;)

twrob18

FNG
How is your 280AI shooting? I am considering this caliber and curious what others are getting for accuracy.
Shooting great. I hand load for it and it shoots the 162 ELD-X really well (well under an inch at 2950 fps). Killed two mule deer with it this year, both one shot kills at 150 yards and 325 yards. People complain about the stock but I haven't had any issues with it.

twrob18

FNG

I use a Javelin on mine with zero issues.

gleason51

Lil-Rokslider
Shooting great. I hand load for it and it shoots the 162 ELD-X really well (well under an inch at 2950 fps). Killed two mule deer with it this year, both one shot kills at 150 yards and 325 yards. People complain about the stock but I haven't had any issues with it.
I’m getting similar results with mine, too. I’m using the factory 162 grain eld-x loads.

I agree the stock seems cheap, but I also have had zero issues with mine. Killed 6 big game animals with it this fall and plan on continuing to use it as my primary hunting rifle. It shoots like a dream suppressed, too.

plentycoupe

Lil-Rokslider
I’m getting similar results with mine, too. I’m using the factory 162 grain eld-x loads.

I agree the stock seems cheap, but I also have had zero issues with mine. Killed 6 big game animals with it this fall and plan on continuing to use it as my primary hunting rifle. It shoots like a dream suppressed, too.
Are you getting close to 2950 with the factory ammo and what suppressor?
I think this is my next gun!

Spoonman

WKR
Not sure if this video has already been shared but this review shows the 6.5PRC holding 3 rounds.

Does anyone have this rifle in 6.5PRC that actually can’t fit 3 rounds?

Wont show the video but it clearly shows the guy loading 3 rounds.

twrob18

FNG
Are you getting close to 2950 with the factory ammo and what suppressor?
I think this is my next gun!
With factory Hornady Precision Hunter 162 ELD-X I got around 2800 fps. That was un-suppressed. My hand loads are at 2950 with the same bullet. I could push it faster but that's where I got the best accuracy and low es.