Savage 110 ultralight (proof barrel)

Anyone hear anything about new calibers? Wondering if they will make one in 270wsm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highside74

Lil-Rokslider
Backfire youtube channel picked up a multicam camo version at Cabelas that looks real good. Cabelas online only shows grey.

My friend has a ultralight in .28 nosler that he bought this summer it shoots well and is very accurate, But the stock has bent where the sling attaches and is now touching the barrel. Has anyone else had this happen? The gun is not that old and the stock seems pretty flimsy.

jrfarrar

FNG
Just picked mine up yesterday, ordered from smga.com in 6.5 PRC. Oddly the thing looks slightly used, no stickers/tags, bolt was dirty. I cleaned the barrel and it was hella dirty. At any rate they still have them in stock with the dark camo like you saw on backfire.

Hoping this thing shoots... hopefully find out today. It's a beautiful gun for the price.

Eddyzima

FNG
The camo ones I’ve seen (vail and Kuiu camo) have been out of stock. Have you or anyone seen a camo one in person?

Cabelas Dundee MI has a couple in camo in stock. They do not show them on their website though.

wyosam

WKR
I picked one of these up in 6.5cm, and as expected, it shoots very well. The bolt feels like it’s covered in sandpaper and tar, and the trigger was horrible. I’m not an accutrigger hater at all, I break about 2500 shots a year with one. The accutrigger was actually a big selling point. The rifle basix that replaced it is quite nice though.

Reactions: wyo

Dhbwa

WKR
Just picked mine up yesterday, ordered from smga.com in 6.5 PRC. Oddly the thing looks slightly used, no stickers/tags, bolt was dirty. I cleaned the barrel and it was hella dirty. At any rate they still have them in stock with the dark camo like you saw on backfire.

Hoping this thing shoots... hopefully find out today. It's a beautiful gun for the price.
Shoot it yet??

Aklin458

FNG
Just picked up a 6.5 prc. Looking at throwing it in an xlr element 3 magnesium chassis. Has anyone done this yet?

plentycoupe

Lil-Rokslider
I just got one in 280 AI and my stock weighs 1.83 lbs. The total weight of the rifle is 5.90 lbs on my scale.
How is your 280AI shooting? I am considering this caliber and curious what others are getting for accuracy.

I picked one of these up in 6.5cm, and as expected, it shoots very well. The bolt feels like it’s covered in sandpaper and tar, and the trigger was horrible. I’m not an accutrigger hater at all, I break about 2500 shots a year with one. The accutrigger was actually a big selling point. The rifle basix that replaced it is quite nice though.

Your bolt getting better with use? Mine was really smooth out of the box. I will probably replace the trigger at some point though, mine is like all accu triggers I have shot, I’m just not a big fan of them...

Overall I love the rifle. It shoots great, has a really nice balance and is ugly enough that I don’t feel obligated to keep it nice... I don’t beat up my weapons, but they do get scuffs and scratches with use. It’s really like it for the niche it fills.
Savage did a great job with this rifle with features vs cost IMO

would like to put it in an XLR but I assume that would increase weight, and I don’t want to spend money to make it heavier

wyosam

WKR
Your bolt getting better with use? Mine was really smooth out of the box. I will probably replace the trigger at some point though, mine is like all accu triggers I have shot, I’m just not a big fan of them...

Overall I love the rifle. It shoots great, has a really nice balance and is ugly enough that I don’t feel obligated to keep it nice... I don’t beat up my weapons, but they do get scuffs and scratches with use. It’s really like it for the niche it fills.
Savage did a great job with this rifle with features vs cost IMO

would like to put it in an XLR but I assume that would increase weight, and I don’t want to spend money to make it heavier

It’s getting a little better. I’ll probably spend some time polishing on it some time this winter. It is ugly as sin, but does fill a role at a cheap price for what it is.

As far as the stock discussions, I’m anxiously awaiting someone to jump in with a quality lightweight stock for this thing. I set a fitting for my javelin bipod into the stock, but it is really to flimsy to use it. I’ve had good luck in a couple other polymer stocks, but this one has zero torsional rigidity in the fore end. I haven’t actually shot it off the bipod yet, because I suspect it is going to break the fitting out at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk