Savage 110 .270 win lite strikes

I have an older (late 80’s) Savage 110 chambered in .270. Started having lite strikes every once in a while. I pulled the bolt assembly apart and cleaned and lubed everything. First attempt at firing was with Hornady 130 sst, click. Chambered 5 more and no boom. Tried 145 eldx. 8 out of 9 fired. Tried 5 rounds of 150 partitions loaded by unknown munitions and all 5 fired. The eldx are a bit longer than the SST and the partitions are loaded out much longer than both the eldx and the SST. Aside from a new bolt assembly are there any avenues to take to try and remedy the occasional misfire? Never had a rifle lite strike before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S-3 ranch

WKR
I have a Remington that does that, I pulled the bolt and soaked it in diesel, then
Lubed with amsoil red gun lubricant, after the season is over might want to replace the spring if it’s not too specification same with the striker
WTW Imo hornday ammunition is junk, maybe the whitetail line is ok , but imo federal
Is top of factory loads

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Could be your reloads. Confirm by seating your primers well.

Clean and lube with a light oil.

If you want to test the spring, try a small washer to get more compression.

OP
Idaho Brad
Could be your reloads. Confirm by seating your primers well.

Clean and lube with a light oil.

If you want to test the spring, try a small washer to get more compression.

The eldx and sst are factory. It only happened once with the eldx. Couldn’t get an sst to fire.
The unknown munitions ammo shot every time. Problem is I bought the UM ammo of the Rokslide classifieds and my gun hates them. Twist rate is too slow.

OP
Idaho Brad
Does it do it with factory ammo? If not, it could be that you aren't seating the primers all of the way.

It only does it with factory. The UM ammo was purchased of the classifieds and my gun hates them. Too slow of twist

Axlrod

WKR
My brother had an 80's 110 Savage 270. Had a F.F. on an elk. I took it apart at camp and stretched the firing pin spring. Fixed it.