Sauer 100 Experiences?

Treerat-sniper

Lil-Rokslider
I actually called Sauer the other day & talked to one of the tech support guys. He stated "the 100 barrels are threaded but are permanently bonded with red loctite." I take that as that barrels could be removed but it will take some heating & lots of cussing.

20DYNAMITE07

Lil-Rokslider
I actually called Sauer the other day & talked to one of the tech support guys. He stated "the 100 barrels are threaded but are permanently bonded with red loctite." I take that as that barrels could be removed but it will take some heating & lots of cussing.
Dumber.png

Great rifles so are the m18. I'm looking to get a 100 can't decide in what tho. I'd like a 9.3 it I'm starting a 9.3x62 build on a Argentine mauser. My m18 in 6.5 prc is almost sickening how well it shoots.

thinking maybe 6.5 Swede or 7rem mag. Think they make a 7-08 100 so be nice to ream out to 7x57 or 280ai but nitrate or whatever it called is very tuff to cut.

DZurf14

FNG
The Sauer 100 has caught my eye for my next rifle. seems like it comes with a lot of features for the price point. everything i've read online seems to be good, but curious if any has any first hand experience. thanks
Following this thread for updates-did you have a particular caliber in mind for your Sauer 100? The only thing I didn’t like was how stiff and cheap the recoil pad felt and how cheap the stock felt. Lots of play on the few that we had on the shelf when I worked for a box store FFL dealer. Other than that I’ve heard nothing but good things and really enjoyed the smooth action and crisp trigger.

OP
F

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
Following this thread for updates-did you have a particular caliber in mind for your Sauer 100? The only thing I didn’t like was how stiff and cheap the recoil pad felt and how cheap the stock felt. Lots of play on the few that we had on the shelf when I worked for a box store FFL dealer. Other than that I’ve heard nothing but good things and really enjoyed the smooth action and crisp trigger.
i bought one in a 6.5 prc, and can't say enough good things about it. the stock design/profile is amazing and probably the best feature on the rifle for recoil management. I personally believe its the best value in a rifle on the market. i can routinely shoot 1/2 to 3/4" moa, and have not found a load that it does not shoot well.

There are some smoking deals to be found on these rifles on GB, just got myself an XMas present

Found a 308 for my wife it’s a Sauer. What are your guys thoughts?
The standard Sauer 100 rifles have a VERY long length of pull. The kinda standard adult length of pull is 13.5" Women's, compact and youth rifles typically have a 12.5" LOP. Standard Sauer 100 rifles come with a 14.5" LOP. Depending upon her build, that could be a significant issue.

Good to know, I handled it and thought it was perfect but I’m 6’1” and somewhat monkey arms. She’s 5’4” kinda a midget

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Mauser M12 in .308 and it too has a super long LOP. I think it is 14.5” and at 5’11”, I have to crawl up on it. Most European rifles have longer LOP than American rifles.

JFK

WKR
I handled a sauer 100 ceratech at my local gun shop a few months back. I was impressed and almost bought it despite not needing another rifle. Felt like a quality rifle. LOP not seem long at all to me, but I’m 6’3” and have my shotgun setup at 15.25”.

ETtikka

WKR
I just order one in 6.5cm , too cheap not to try

OP
F

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
People say it’s disposable because most sauers are a pressed fit barrel so to swap barrels it would need to get sent back to the factory. The 100 is not pressed fit, it is threaded. Sauer made this change for the American market.

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought one last week in 6.5 PRC but haven’t gotten a chance to shoot it yet. I won’t know anything for sure until I get to put some rounds through it, but so far I’m liking the fit and feel of it.