Sauer 100 Experiences?

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
The Sauer 100 has caught my eye for my next rifle. seems like it comes with a lot of features for the price point. everything i've read online seems to be good, but curious if any has any first hand experience. thanks

I am interested as well. Heard they had a 5-shot MOA guarantee. What's not to like? Heard some good reviews from the few willing to try them. I may give one a go soon given the reasonable price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Pros: Good quality, accurate, price
Cons: disposable, over 1 pound heavier that tikka, 3 way safety.

The Sauer 100xt is not one pound heavier than a comparable Tikka. How did you come up with that?

How is it disposable?

Another slight con, depending on what bullet weight you like to shoot, is that they have "European" twist rates - for example 1:11 for the 30's. Certainly no deal killer but something to keep in mind.

Jumping on sauer bandwagon because of the sale at Europtic and 50% off on minox scope maybe worth it. Depending what you want to get from your rifle.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
107.7 oz vs 95.8 oz (not 1 but close enough) on sauer you cannot swap the barrel. So Life of the barrel dictating life of rifle.

If you haven’t personally used them, I probably wouldn’t be passing information from the internet as most of it is incorrect.

As Colby stated- the 100 uses a threaded barrel. Even still, Sauer will replace barrels on the press fit versions.

Tikkas T3x’s are not 5.9lbs. Everyone that I have weighed from 223 to 308 is within an ounce or two of 6.1 lbs.

Lots of misinformation about the Sauer 100 out there. They kinda remind me of a Tikka, except with a German accent!

6 lbs. 7 oz. seems pretty light for the .308/.30-06 I am looking at. No, it's not as light as my 6 pound 7mm-08 SuperLite, but sometimes a little weight is welcome. My friends were pretty impressed by my 7mmRM Tikka M695 I was hunting with this weekend...7.25 pounds. They liked how steady the rifle was and how well it shouldered/handled.

Different strokes for different folks....

I love me some Tikka! Hope to get another T3x to customize. That said, I was looking for another rifle in a common caliber, and the Sauer 100 seemed like a nice option.

Colby...would love to hear how your Sauer 100 in 6.5 PRC performs when you get a chance. I invested in a 6.5 PRC Seekins Havak, but I'm interested in a more affordable option.

Dirt Wagon

Lil-Rokslider
107.7 oz vs 95.8 oz (not 1 but close enough) on sauer you cannot swap the barrel. So Life of the barrel dictating life of rifle.

Unless your loading to the max and shooting non stop then I doubt you'll be burning up a barrel anytime soon, especially in 308 win.

For a hunting rifle you'd more likely pass that rifle down a few generations before a new barrel is needed. Now if it's a target only rifle for say competition style shooting, then it's possible but only for target grade performance....it'll still have hunting grade accuracy for awhile.

Colby

WKR
So far so good with my prc. Shoots just over an inch for 10 shots. Been running 143 eld-x factory ammo because that’s what’s most available in my area.
In my opinion trigger is on par with tikka.
Tikka action is smoother.
Sauer stock design with negative comb is a good touch. Gun is very easy to shoot accurately.
Seems to me that it is a really good bang for the buck for an off the shelf prc but I’ve only got 60 rounds through mine.

Colby

WKR
Cool I think you’ll like it.
I set mine up with Burris Xtr bases wi seekins rings and Swfa 3-9. Makes for a pretty tidy and capable package within a reasonable budget.

I am leaning that way with the SS 3-9x, although I have a 2-10x42 Razor LH in reserve that may get mounted. I am thinking I may go 30-06, although the 308 is calling to me. This rifle just screams classic cartridge to me. Yes, a little "vanilla", but I already have a Seekins 6.5 PRC and Tikka 6.5 CM.

20DYNAMITE07

Lil-Rokslider
It's almost Halloween, so I thought I'd revive this dead thread. The Sauer 100 barrel isn't pressed in, it's threaded. So you can replace the barrel - though I haven't found any for it yet...(I have a Sauer 100 in 270 Winchester).

Anyway, just in case anyone wanted to know-

I was about to try one out last time I bought a rifle but they don't have any in stainless around here