Sag River area Boo hunt

MNBill

Lil-Rokslider
Greetings! My 2 friends and I are hunting the area around the Sag, Iveshek and Echooka rivers. We will take an airboat to the drop off point. We are going 8/24 thru 8/31.
Questions
1. We are bringing my SO 12 man tipi. Enough or too much tent? Nice to have the room and more importantly, it has been in some sketchy situations and I trust it.
2. Bring stove or not? Firewood available? I would really like to have the stove to dry gear and warm up if it gets cold. Bring fire logs?
3. Wiggys waders or no?

Sure to be more questions and TIA for any help.

Bill

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Been a lot shared on this specific topic and location. Might search the archives for tips shared.

Tipis are great,

After sept 1 the stove is nice but requires fast burning lights or bring your own wood and car camp near the Sag. Willows burn too fast for sustained enjoyment, so we opt for no stove. Not practical to bring cases of fire logs to sustain heat. A "Buddy Heater" is prob a better option than a tipi stove.

i mean Wiggy's are light, bring em.

Mangata

Lil-Rokslider
Agree, haven’t seen enough dependable fire wood in that drainage to plan to use as a heat source.

OP
M

MNBill

Lil-Rokslider
Any other tips?

ETA. I have read nearly all the caribou threads and done several searches. Looking for more info I may have missed.

Thanks

Bill

mooster

WKR
I agree. Tipi, no stove. There may be dead brush along the river to burn to knock off the chill in the tipi but nothing long burning.

I’d take waders or even a small packraft to cross river or float game downstream back to camp.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord