RokStok

The Guide

WKR
Can you make this make more sense?
While I'm not Jake and I'm not associated with UM or S2H, I have been paying attention for the last year and think I can answer your questions as they have been explained here, on the Podcast, and in social media. Each bullet point will address each statement you quoted.

1. All stocks come in as unfinished stocks in bare carbon and since UM/S2H owns the molds, Stockys cannot/will not sell any stocks that are not good enough quality to send to UM as blems. If it isn't good enough to ship to UM, they will be destroyed or repaired to be used for painted stocks.

2. Stocks not good enough to be sent out as pure bare carbon stocks are in abundance right now but are all being used to make painted stocks and fill orders and therefore are not for sale right now.

3. Once all orders are filled, stocks not of a quality to be sold as bare carbon will be available. To get one that you wanted to paint your self, note in your order of a single color stock that you want a bare carbon stock with imperfections without paint.

4. While we may have seconds/blems in the future, we do not plan to sell them at a discounted price since we can use them for painted stocks and our product plan and pricing structure does not allow for a decrease in margin to allow for additional discounts at this time.

I might be full of hot air but I think I've paid attention enough to give the basic answers without overstepping. Hope this helps.

Jay

9.3koolaid

Lil-Rokslider
While I'm not Jake and I'm not associated with UM or S2H, I have been paying attention for the last year and think I can answer your questions as they have been explained here, on the Podcast, and in social media. Each bullet point will address each statement you quoted.

1. All stocks come in as unfinished stocks in bare carbon and since UM/S2H owns the molds, Stockys cannot/will not sell any stocks that are not good enough quality to send to UM as blems. If it isn't good enough to ship to UM, they will be destroyed or repaired to be used for painted stocks.

2. Stocks not good enough to be sent out as pure bare carbon stocks are in abundance right now but are all being used to make painted stocks and fill orders and therefore are not for sale right now.

3. Once all orders are filled, stocks not of a quality to be sold as bare carbon will be available. To get one that you wanted to paint your self, note in your order of a single color stock that you want a bare carbon stock with imperfections without paint.

4. While we may have seconds/blems in the future, we do not plan to sell them at a discounted price since we can use them for painted stocks and our product plan and pricing structure does not allow for a decrease in margin to allow for additional discounts at this time.

I might be full of hot air but I think I've paid attention enough to give the basic answers without overstepping. Hope this helps.

Jay
That makes sense to me as long as the blems are only cosmetic? Blems are different from a "second" I take it?

The Guide

WKR
That makes sense to me as long as the blems are only cosmetic? Blems are different from a "second" I take it?
As far as I've heard discussed, there are going to be 2 levels of stocks produced that will ship to UM from Stockys that will be offered for sale and 1 level that won't be offered for sale.

Level 1. Perfect stocks without any blemishes. These stocks will be used for orders that requested bare carbon or any other painted order if received in an order that matches a requested order. If you requested a bare carbon and only want a bare carbon you make get skipped while they wait for a stock that passes QC for perfect bare carbon.

Level 2. Stocks with slight cosmetic imperfections that were filled with black epoxy by Stockys. These stocks are functionally and structurally perfect but the carbon fiber finish does not meet what they have set as QC level of perfection for bare carbon in level 1. These stocks will be used for order where the original surface will be covered and never seen.

Level 3. These stocks will never be for sale. These stocks passed Stockys QC and failed UM'S QC. Depending upon the failure, these stocks may be used as shop stocks, test stocks, shooting school stocks, or in other functions but will never be offered for sale to the public.

What UM plans to call a blem or a second will be an internal call based on what their SOP on QC for stocks is. Blem and Second is often used interchangeably and in this case I feel it falls into a level 2 stock and not the level 3 stock. From a business perspective Jake has said he will throw a product in the trash before he sends out a product that doesn't live up to his vision of UM quality.

Jay

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Jay
Well said sir!