RokStok

With the go getter attitude at UM I’m guessing Jake is or will be looking into bringing the complete stock building process in house.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
With the go getter attitude at UM I’m guessing Jake is or will be looking into bringing the complete stock building process in house.
No, that would be a HUGE pain in the ass. We are on the downhill side of this IMO. Stockys is sending good-looking stocks, and UM is getting hardware and paint on them if needed and out the door as fast as QC allows. Looking back, our biggest **** up was too many options and the presale.

These came in today, and more will be here tomorrow. Green and black should start showing up next week.

079176bec0e04cf08f96b349a23afa67.jpg

I want one, but am I the only one that thinks Spartan/pic makes no sense? Shouldn’t it be Spartan/arca and pic/arca? I have a spartan bipod and also want to be able to throw it on my arca head tripod. Am I wrong in assuming that’s a common situation?
I'm with ya! I'd like a Spartan flush/arca and I'm happy.

atmat

WKR
I want one, but am I the only one that thinks Spartan/pic makes no sense? Shouldn’t it be Spartan/arca and pic/arca? I have a spartan bipod and also want to be able to throw it on my arca head tripod. Am I wrong in assuming that’s a common situation?
You’re not wrong, and an Arca/Spartan has been requested since day 1.

Supposedly, it’ll be in development for the RS Lite. But as of now no one knows when that ETA is.

I’ve tried pitching SRS and UM to build it now instead of waiting, but it was fruitless unfortunately.

If any fabricators here want to do it, I’ll buy 3.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
You’re not wrong, and an Arca/Spartan has been requested since day 1.

Supposedly, it’ll be in development for the RS Lite. But as of now no one knows when that ETA is.

I’ve tried pitching SRS and UM to build it now instead of waiting, but it was fruitless unfortunately.

If any fabricators here want to do it, I’ll buy 3.
A three in one is the best and simplest order option. AND we might see it real soon.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I feel bad because I pushed for the 3 in 1, but my next stock will be no rail. @Formidilosus did too good a job in the FF podcast and after giving his approach a try I'm sold.
I should have pushed harder for the 3 in 1 in the beginning. I gave up to early.

Don't let him kid you. He loves the railed version.

atmat

WKR
I think these two. For me it works well, and as I'm prone to throwing gear at a problem, decided intentionally not doing so in this case would save me time and money.

I’ll give them a listen. I went with the railed predominantly because I didn’t want standard swivel studs (and if think at that they came on the non-railed version). I honestly could’ve gone without flush cups, too, but they’re the lesser of two evils.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I’ll give them a listen. I went with the railed predominantly because I didn’t want standard swivel studs (and if think at that they came on the non-railed version). I honestly could’ve gone without flush cups, too, but they’re the lesser of two evils.
Yeah, I remove sling swivels and fill the holes with epoxy. I like flushcups, but only limited rotation and the rear one is in the wrong spot.

I would have gotten Spartan/arca if it were offered but my rrs clamps take pic or arca. The other side is some people like to use heavier pic attached bipods at the range and Spartan for hunts. Bipods like the gunwerks one don’t do arca, only pic.