RokStok

Juan_ID

WKR
If I had to guess, that's going to be a looong time. There's day 1 orders still unfulfilled, there's a massive amount of week 1 orders still unfilled. Just think about the February, March, May etc orders.
This still blows my mind… How is that even possible? What % of total orders do you all think have been fulfilled?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
This still blows my mind… How is that even possible? What % of total orders do you all think have been fulfilled?

It’s because of how the stocks are being sent from Stockys, which ones need work, and which ones don’t. It isn’t UM arbitrarily doing it- it’s sucks and certainly isn’t the customers problem, just that it isn’t UM willy-nilly sending orders out.

As I stated earlier, there are a couple hundred stocks out now.

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
I have no idea, but I'd love to know and get some transparency on the situation.

Maybe 6 months ago it was time for another mold or 2. I still remember "We will build as many molds as needed to have your stock made in 90 days"

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I have no idea, but I'd love to know and get some transparency on the situation.

Maybe 6 months ago it was time for another mold or 2. I still remember "We will build as many molds as needed to have your stock made in 90 days"

Molds aren’t the problem.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
So what's the hold up then? I understand the setbacks at first and obviously there will be some unexpected delays but I feel like by now, things should be running smoothly and at least the day 1 orders should be filled.

It doesn’t matter how many more molds are bought, if the current molds aren’t maxed out.

wnelson14

WKR
It’s because of how the stocks are being sent from Stockys, which ones need work, and which ones don’t. It isn’t UM arbitrarily doing it- it’s sucks and certainly isn’t the customers problem, just that it isn’t UM willy-nilly sending orders out.

I have no skin in the game as I haven’t ordered a rokstock yet, probably will when things get squared away. But why wouldn’t some or most of the orders not be going in order? I think that’s why people are getting upset.

gbflyer

WKR
I have no skin in the game as I haven’t ordered a rokstock yet, probably will when things get squared away. But why wouldn’t some or most of the orders not be going in order? I think that’s why people are getting upset.

Me either. Probably because they are all ordered with different options. That’s a timeline killer. UM is herding cats around when you think about various suppliers, shipping problems, labor, etc.

wnelson14

WKR
Me either. Probably because they are all ordered with different options. That’s a timeline killer. UM is herding cats around when you think about various suppliers, shipping problems, labor, etc.
Seems like a tikka with a rail is the most popular and the rail is installed at UM and has nothing to do with stockys, barrel contour doesn’t seemed to matter much either as that I think is done after the carbon process.
I understand an off the wall option would matter and cause delays.

Jake mentioned on a podcast that in fact railed Tikkas did need another mold due to popularity. Not sure if that happened or not.

Either way my guess is staffing for finishing is the hold up. Also maybe the new lugs they had to start making.

Reactions: NSI

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider

Time to look at a different stock building company?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I understand that. I'm not saying the solution now is more molds since you said that wasn't the issue.

I'd just like to know what's going on. I know others would as well.

I would expect an update from UM relatively soon.

But why wouldn’t some or most of the orders not be going in order? I think that’s why people are getting upset.

Because stocks can only be shipped from UM in the order they are received. Some stocks that are received need work, and are sent back. Those stock may or may not be returned quickly.

Seems like a tikka with a rail is the most popular and the rail is installed at UM and has nothing to do with stockys

That is partially correct- UM installs the rails, however the stocks are cut for the specific rail at Stockys. UM sends the stocks out in the order that they are received, which may or may not match order dates.

Jake mentioned on a podcast that in fact railed Tikkas did need another mold due to popularity. Not sure if that happened or not.

Again, the amount of molds is not a problem.

Either way my guess is staffing for finishing is the hold up.

That is not correct.

Also maybe the new lugs they had to start making.

Not really. It caused a slight delay on only a couple of stocks as far as I understand.

wnelson14

WKR
Because stocks can only be shipped from UM in the order they are received. Some stocks that are received need work, and are sent back. Those stock may or may not be returned quickly.

For the sake of the argument (I’m not arguing at all)
But Order number:
# 1, is a 3b tikka with rail and gets messed up and sent back to stockys to be fixed

And say order #4 (or whatever number in sequence) is a 3b tikka with a rail and gets finished perfectly, I would assume they would use this stock and ship order #1 there stock. And used the “re worked” stock coming back for a different order.

Lawnboi

WKR
But Order number:
# 1, is a 3b tikka with rail and gets messed up and sent back to stockys to be fixed

And say order #4 (or whatever number in sequence) is a 3b tikka with a rail and gets finished perfectly, I would assume they would use this stock and ship order #1 there stock. And used the “re worked” stock coming back for a different order.
Maybe that’s how it would work had they done one setup. Like a sendero contour and standard rail cuts.

You got 3 different barrel contours, different rails, different hand actions. I’m betting they ship the stocks to them just as they would you or I, per order number.

Alas guys got to have those pretty barrel contours

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
But Order number:

The impression I got in one of the podcasts and also in Form's reply is that a stock is ordered for a specific order, rather than a commodity to fulfill that order. IE a stock is made as stockys and shipped for order #1. Say the specifications were exactly the same for stock order #2. It sounds like if #1 has issues and needs to get sent back it remains allotted to order #1 regardless if the stock provided for #2 is good to go. Order #2 gets fulfilled before #1.

Assuming that is correct its likely due to how they're tracking order fulfillment. But that doesn't change the frustration at the customer level who likely feel like it should internally be sourced as a commodity and exactly matching orders (with the only variation being paint scheme) should go in order of available stocks that have passed QC already. It also gets confusing on how stocks that aren't suitable for bare carbon get shifted to a coated order, IE if that transfer of order assignment can occur then what is preventing stock #2 in the example above from being reallocated to stock #1?

That sound accurate?