RokStok

TX_Diver

WKR
Also I’m asking for me, but because I think there's an issue with my recoil lug. Is there a good way to verify it’s seated or seat it consistently?IMG_5565.jpeg

atmat

WKR

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The commitment to orange witness marks on your screws is hilarious.
It's everywhere, and a make a mess with the paint pen sometimes.

IMG_8374.jpg

Yes that screw is paint penned in and torqued with a number 5, long allen wrench until the wrench bends hard. Anyone swapping their stock, take the time to take that screw out, degrease it, and paint pen that sucker in. The Sakos that use this same assembly have easily double the torque on that screw than every Tikka I've torn apart. Ram it home.

Juan_ID

WKR
Holy smokes, have you guys actually had that screw come loose? I’ve never ugga dugga’d it that tight nor had it come loose but you guys got me questioning it now haha.

Holy smokes, have you guys actually had that screw come loose? I’ve never ugga dugga’d it that tight nor had it come loose but you guys got me questioning it now haha.

Yes, i've had it come loose. I always make sure they are locktited and cranked tight AF now after all the stories of them coming loose in addition to my own.

TX_Diver

WKR
Other tips and tricks to seat it? I can not get it to sit flush after 20 minutes of messing with it.

I just moved houses so I haven’t found my calipers yet to measure the lug against the factory lug. Unscientifically if I tighten a crescent wrench onto the factory lug I can’t fit it onto my rokstok lug. If I tighten it on the rokstok lug it does slide onto the factory lug.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Other tips and tricks to seat it? I can not get it to sit flush after 20 minutes of messing with it.

I just moved houses so I haven’t found my calipers yet to measure the lug against the factory lug. Unscientifically if I tighten a crescent wrench onto the factory lug I can’t fit it onto my rokstok lug. If I tighten it on the rokstok lug it does slide onto the factory lug.
Does it feel like it's snapping into the lug when you press the action forward to seat it or does it feel like it can't push forward enough to snap down and in? It's usually quite distinct. That will help narrow it down to slightly out of spec lug, lug not tapped down fully into the stock, or out slightly out of spec inletting leading to some possible sanding?

TX_Diver

WKR
Does it feel like it's snapping into the lug when you press the action forward to seat it or does it feel like it can't push forward enough to snap down and in? It's usually quite distinct. That will help narrow it down to slightly out of spec lug, lug not tapped down fully into the stock, or out slightly out of spec inletting leading to some possible sanding?
Feels like I can’t push forward enough to snap it in. I tried marking front of lug and front of slot and believe I am far enough forward. It appears to be tapped in far enough. I can’t get it out to just out my factory lug in to try