RokStok

Some of us did go shoot the damn thing and observed an issue. Then we took it upon ourselves to try and fix the issue. Then we just tried to help others by sharing what occurred in case others experienced the same minor hiccup instead of going full retard.

When you step off the soap box, do you take off the dunce cap too?
Oooh struck a cord there. I’ll adjusted my dunce cap for the next one.

atmat

WKR
As of yesterday, not one person with a lug issue contacted us in any way. This is not ideal to get your issue resolved. This is not a squeaky wheel situation, simply send us an email and we'll take care of you
I’ve been back and forth with both UM and Stockys.

I contacted UM with my findings and received the following reply:
View attachment 743468

Not being satisfied with this answer, I contacted Stocky’s and exchanged multiple emails.
Not to add to the drama, but those two statements above seem contradictory.

You're that Guy! I kept seeing Them working on those and was like a spigot??? "what? why? who?"

haha
Hahah yep I’m that guy. It’s not your pic rail that’s the problem, it’s me 😂

I still carry rifles with a sling on the bottom like a Fudd; I just can’t quite get past that. Because most of my barrels are 26” (can’t use a suppressor here, and hate brakes), it makes them want to hang and slide way back instead of straight up unless my sling stud is very far forward (1/2” in the wrong direction is noticeable to me, bunch of my stocks have all kinds of holes drilled from experimenting). That really limits pic rail setups and things end up looking/feeling janky to get it right. Basically the stud has got to be 2” or less from the end of the stock..

After I used a spigot on a bravo for a while I decided I loved that setup..felt like the bipod closer to the barrel and farther forward was a very noticable improvement.

I was prepared to dremel like a fool but thankfully unknown was down to try something different 😎

F81A9327-B61F-4D7B-866A-6F1FC7141777.jpeg8570C49C-1D65-4D98-9315-12EA8E419B90.jpeg

TxLite

WKR
Hahah yep I’m that guy. It’s not your pic rail that’s the problem, it’s me 😂

I still carry rifles with a sling on the bottom like a Fudd; I just can’t quite get past that. Because most of my barrels are 26” (can’t use a suppressor here, and hate brakes), it makes them want to hang and slide way back instead of straight up unless my sling stud is very far forward (1/2” in the wrong direction is noticeable to me, bunch of my stocks have all kinds of holes drilled from experimenting). That really limits pic rail setups and things end up looking/feeling janky to get it right. Basically the stud has got to be 2” or less from the end of the stock..

After I used a spigot on a bravo for a while I decided I loved that setup..felt like the bipod closer to the barrel and farther forward was a very noticable improvement.

I was prepared to dremel like a fool but thankfully unknown was down to try something different 😎

View attachment 746476View attachment 746477
It seems like this would push the balance point more forward, causing the spinning on your shoulder to be worse? Right?

TxLite

WKR
Negative, farther forward sling stud makes it stay snug on my shoulder and upright.
I was thinking with the sling stud staying on the stock and the bipod being further out it like it is in the pic it would shift the balance point and make it worse

I was thinking with the sling stud staying on the stock and the bipod being further out it like it is in the pic it would shift the balance point and make it worse
Ah. I don’t really walk around with a bipod on but the sling stud being far forward on my stocks has always made a heavier rifle carry better

TxLite

WKR
Ah. I don’t really walk around with a bipod on but the sling stud being far forward on my stocks has always made a heavier rifle carry better
Oh ok. I was thinking you left the bipod on. Agreed on pushing the sling stud forward. I hate having the rifles spin on my shoulder. Cool idea

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Oh ok. I was thinking you left the bipod on. Agreed on pushing the sling stud forward. I hate having the rifles spin on my shoulder. Cool idea
The RokStok already pushes the bipod/tripod mount point further out than just about any stock I've seen. Apart from maybe some of the chassis units.

Most stocks, factory included, have bipod/tripod mount points closer to where these Stockys VG bipod mount points are or even further back...

rokstok mount.jpg

Tartan

WKR
Mine just came in. Will hopefully shoot it this weekend.

Certainly not as experienced as many here, but love the grip, even with my big bear paw hands. UM Lows work great for me. And didn’t see any need to adjust the scope that was set up for the default tikka stock, even with all those extra spacers.

Didn’t notice any issue with recoil lug protrusion. Everything seems seated correct and level. Bottom metal slid right in. Mag functions as expected.

IMG_9304.jpeg

Sendero barrel channel with d18
IMG_9307.jpeg

IMG_9308.jpeg

The RokStok already pushes the bipod/tripod mount point further out than just about any stock I've seen. Apart from maybe some of the chassis units.

Most stocks, factory included, have bipod/tripod mount points closer to where these Stockys VG bipod mount points are or even further back...

View attachment 746494
Thanks for the reference photo, should balance fine then. Maybe somebody with standard sling studs can also chime in. Looking to see how it balances while carried with a basic setup.

How much further forward did you get the sling stud moved? Similar problem with 24” #3 contour. Still waiting on stock.

View attachment 746494

I found about 2” from the forend is the sweet spot for me. I’ve definitely drilled into quite a few stocks to get the balance right but it’s usually still a little too far back for my liking, but now perfect with the spigot.

Stocky

Lil-Rokslider
Mine just came in. Will hopefully shoot it this weekend.

Certainly not as experienced as many here, but love the grip, even with my big bear paw hands. UM Lows work great for me. And didn’t see any need to adjust the scope that was set up for the default tikka stock, even with all those extra spacers.

Didn’t notice any issue with recoil lug protrusion. Everything seems seated correct and level. Bottom metal slid right in. Mag functions as expected.

View attachment 746495

Sendero barrel channel with d18
View attachment 746496

View attachment 746497
Thats single color correct? I like it

ebrownw2

FNG
The first Rokstok I ordered has shipped out today, 8-6-2024. Tikka, no rail, single color, 3B, ordered on 12-21-2023.

Tartan

WKR
Thats single color correct? I like it
it's actually a two tone. They chose the green, it's got some tungsten as well to match the barreled action.

Didn't show well in the picture, it's almost holographic. As you shift it around in the light the silver color pops in spots.

In my mind I intended the tungsten to be a little stronger (requested multicam black but with the carbon showing through for black). But this quickly wore on me after opening it up. Its a really cool effect in person.

aschuler

FNG
it's actually a two tone. They chose the green, it's got some tungsten as well to match the barreled action.

Didn't show well in the picture, it's almost holographic. As you shift it around in the light the silver color pops in spots.

In my mind I intended the tungsten to be a little stronger (requested multicam black but with the carbon showing through for black). But this quickly wore on me after opening it up. Its a really cool effect in person.
Very nice sir, I think this is my favorite color combo so far!

Greenstig

FNG
As of yesterday, not one person with a lug issue contacted us in any way. This is not ideal to get your issue resolved. This is not a squeaky wheel situation, simply send us an email and we'll take care of you.

Not to add to the drama, but those two statements above seem contradictory.

@Unknown Munitions

You absolutely received an email from me, which was responded to by someone from UM on 5/28/24. It inquired about the recoil lug protrusion tolerance, as well as a functional issue I was having with the bottom inletting and some unrelated product questions. See post #5878 for the pertinent bit regarding the recoil lug.

After confirming that my lug protrusion was out-of-spec according to Stockys, they (Kim) emailed UM regarding the lug issue on 6/12/24 to see how UM wanted to handle it. According to her, there was no response from UM after 2 weeks and a follow-up. Kim then requested that I send stock back to Stockys for inspection on 6/27/24 instead of UM. That result is also shown in post #5878.

This is definitely not a case of running to Rokslide to be a squeaky wheel. When both companies conclude that it’s a non-issue and in-spec, despite providing evidence to the contrary, it’s case-closed as far as product support goes 🤷‍♂️.

No problem, not mad… I gave the customer service route a good faith attempt at resolution, now I’ll make my own modifications to get the product functioning correctly.

But, when several others are posting similar findings, it’s worth opening the discussion among community as a potential issue to watch out for. Not uncommon for a totally new product to see issues after it starts going out to a wider user base.

just go shoot the damn thing.
…is not an option for those of us interested in building a reliable system. If your rifle is knocked over during a hunt, are you going to be left wondering if there will be a POI shift due to the action and stock not interfacing correctly?

Jake @Unknown Munitions, if you PM me your direct email address, I’d be happy to forward you both email chains that I had with UM and Stockys if you want them.

Last edited: