RokStok

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I've just never seen such hostility allowed on a forum in like 13 years and a dozen different forums.
Obviously the Fire, the Hide, Alaska Outdoor Supersite, and Tacoma World are not amongst those 12. I don't frequent any other forums than those enough to compare.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Holy smokies! Edgy? If someone thinks that Rokslide is edgy and not helpful.........they really need to take a trip over to some other forums.
In my observations, FNG's ask questions without doing their due diligence ESPECIALLY after being directed to threads answering the questions. And not that this is an excuse but it's the same questions over and over and over and over which may explain why some members make the comments they do.
We have tremendously helpful members here with a vast amount of knowledge and experience and most will go out of their way to be helpful. Rokslide is often quoted on YouTube and other forums as the place to go for various topics.
Come on hunting season..........

Randy

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Definitely read it.

I've just never seen such hostility allowed on a forum in like 13 years and a dozen different forums. I'll continue to lurk around here but asking questions is obviously frowned upon and people are so quick to not try to help. Anyways I don't want to clutter up this thread any more, I just came to try to learn about this radical new stock design. Thanks for the helpful links.

You do know you can choose not to get your feelings hurt right?

All the back and forth aside, I’m curious what @Undrgrndprdcts means about inconsistency and the comb?

In theory I like the idea of a less aggressive negative comb ala gunwerks. I can see how in different positions a guys head might be further forward or backwards and ideal eye releif changes with magnification so I think it’s something that may be worth consideration. That said, I’ve come to believe a perfect cheek weld can be overrated and have been using higher rings and soft to non existent cheek weld. I really like the rokstok in general, expect to buy another once lead times are down.

Last edited:
All the back and forth aside, I’m curious what @Undrgrndprdcts means about inconsistency and the comb?

In theory I like the idea of a less aggressive negative comb ala gunwerks. I can see how in different positions a guys head might be further forward or backwards and ideal eye releif changes with magnification so I think it’s something that may be worth consideration. That said, I’ve come to believe a perfect cheek weld can be overrated and have been using higher rings and soft to non existent cheek weld. I really like the rokstok in general, expect to buy another once lead times are down.
Careful man.

I do the same with the cheek weld. I found I'm a much better shooter trying to "float" my head as much as possible and it doesn't seem to induce parallax errors for me. When I do finally get a rokstock I think I'm going to have to get higher rings with that comb.

Axlrod

WKR
Dude will be a year out within 10 minutes of going live with orders…. It looks fantastic, but I was hoping it would be manufactured by a company that would be able to keep up with demand. I sincerely hope I’m wrong. I’d like to have two or three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well the lead time will depend on his production capacity and price. If they are $2500 you will be able to get one next day air anytime you want.

clperry

Lil-Rokslider
Well the lead time will depend on his production capacity and price. If they are $2500 you will be able to get one next day air anytime you want.

Well of course. I imagined they’d be between $800-$1200 and it would take between 2-4 weeks to make and finish one. If he can do a run of 3 or 4 simultaneously, that’d only be 36-48 stocks a year. This is all conjecture of course, as I do not know what kind and how big of an operation he is running. I just got the feeling researching alpine rifles llc that is a very small company that specializes in hand made boutique type items.

Again, I do not know anything factual about lead times or production. I just didn’t get the feeling they’d be hitting porches very quickly once orders flooded in as I am sure they will do. It’s a fantastic looking shooting stick.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I do the same with the cheek weld. I found I'm a much better shooter trying to "float" my head as much as possible and it doesn't seem to induce parallax errors for me. When I do finally get a rokstock I think I'm going to have to get higher rings with that comb.
I do the same with “cheek weld”. Not really a fan of that term as so many shooters overthink and put too much focus on this.

UM Tikka Lows are good for me. They aren’t super “low” for low rings. They sit up higher than most other brand “lows” that I’ve seen. I thought I’d want to go with “extra lows” if/when they might come out with those. I won’t need them, the regular lows are good.

Axlrod

WKR
Well of course. I imagined they’d be between $800-$1200 and it would take between 2-4 weeks to make and finish one. If he can do a run of 3 or 4 simultaneously, that’d only be 36-48 stocks a year. This is all conjecture of course, as I do not know what kind and how big of an operation he is running. I just got the feeling researching alpine rifles llc that is a very small company that specializes in hand made boutique type items.

Again, I do not know anything factual about lead times or production. I just didn’t get the feeling they’d be hitting porches very quickly once orders flooded in as I am sure they will do. It’s a fantastic looking shooting stick.

Ya there is really no benefit in speculation on this- too many unknowns in the equation. My point is they can control the orders with pricing. Does a guy want to work 80 hours a week when he can work 40, and make the same money?

Rokstok feels and shoots good. It’s one of those things that you kind of have to experience. Nothing really jumps out and wows you but it’s just better in almost all aspects.

The trigger reach might be my favorite part. Makes it so much more comfortable on your trigger hand. My dad held/shot the stock for the first time and couldn’t believe it was a 14.5” lop. The recess after the palm swell fit all 3 shooters hands great. Everyone commented on how good it felt. My dad will be purchasing one soon.

atmat

WKR
But then when someone asks you a question, your sarcastic response:
Because I tried discussing that same topic and got my head bit off.

Edit: I don't think he was asking me a question, was he?

And to get things back on topic, my concern is that trying to stay in the eyebox is going to be harder when you now have a sliding up and down aspect (At an angle) in addition to only moving in and out. Seems less consistent to me.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
And to get things back on topic, my concern is that trying to stay in the eyebox is going to be harder when you now have a sliding up and down aspect (At an angle) in addition to only moving in and out. Seems less consistent to me.

You should try one and let us know what you think.

BTW I have post 6k. What do I win???????