RokStok

lak2004

WKR
Got my stock in yesterday. Anyone have any issues with the inletting and bottom metal? I have tried 3 different barreled actions and 3 different bottom metals and 4 different mags. They all fit, but the factory mags are really hard to get in like abnormally hard. Tried another friends rokstock and all actions/dbm/mags worked in his and were significantly better. Tried to see if anything was connecting in my stock but couldn’t find anything. Let me know what ya guys think
Mine was a tight fit but didn't have any functional issues once I got it in there. Might just take a little sand paper to the front and rear of the inlet and see if that loosens it up enough

finner

Lil-Rokslider
Got my stock in yesterday. Anyone have any issues with the inletting and bottom metal? I have tried 3 different barreled actions and 3 different bottom metals and 4 different mags. They all fit, but the factory mags are really hard to get in like abnormally hard. Tried another friends rokstock and all actions/dbm/mags worked in his and were significantly better. Tried to see if anything was contacting in my stock but couldn’t find anything. Let me know what ya guys think
You may have to shim the bottom metal out from the stock to get reliable feeding and mag retention. I had to with my Rokstok and an Alterra on another Tikka. You can use washers, but these are better:

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
You may have to shim the bottom metal out from the stock to get reliable feeding and mag retention. I had to with my Rokstok and an Alterra on another Tikka. You can use washers, but these are better:

I have been using all factory plastic bottom metals, the shims are still good for it even if it’s not their metal one?

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Got my stock in yesterday. Anyone have any issues with the inletting and bottom metal? I have tried 3 different barreled actions and 3 different bottom metals and 4 different mags. They all fit, but the factory mags are really hard to get in like abnormally hard. Tried another friends rokstock and all actions/dbm/mags worked in his and were significantly better. Tried to see if anything was contacting in my stock but couldn’t find anything. Let me know what ya guys think

Give Unknown a call if there is a concern.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU

I’ve had this issue with almost every stock manufacturer except Manners. Gonna have to shim it. The bottom inlet is a touch too deep.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My Stockys VGs and my Rokstok have all been VERY tight, not allowing certain mags to easily click in. I assumed this was due to using aftermarket bottom metals and a very tight tolerance on the inletting. A little sand paper and knocking coatings off metal mags and they work fine. Haven't had any issues with factory plastic mags.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Also, with the high desert aluminum factory clone bottom metals that I use, I added in their thinnest shim to each action screw which seemed to help (their bottom metals come with 3 different thickness shims).

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
d0c171cb802c44e065d5e42862ada144.jpg

……..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro