Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Day 1: 672 Yards shooting off backpack
Day 2: 672 Yards shooting seated with Spartan long bipod
Day 3: 920 Yards shooting prone with short Spartan bipod
Day 4: 814 Yards shooting seated with Spartan long bipod

I was able to get hits on 10" targets with each cold bore shot, shooting an old Tikka .260 hunting rifle with Maven RS1.2 and UM Tikka Rings.

Posting this here because I wanted to let folks know that each one of these unique field positions was in every way, easier to accomplish with the Rokstock. The flat bottom, properly sloped comb, grip and trigger reach, and overall hand carrying/shouldering ergonomics/balance/weight, give you an absolute advantage in every shot type you can think of.

This stock isn't "hype" or a "gimmick" to make a couple folks some bucks (which hopefully it does). It will absolutely help you get more hits down range and be a more proficient shooter/killer. If you are still waiting on a stock and are thinking of cancelling your order, I would highly suggest to wait patiently.

Feel free to check out my videos and photos in the Cold Bore Challenge Post #70, I took the time to video and explain each shot and field position and then did a separate video of the actual shots.

View attachment 732537
Thanks for the kind words and great shooting.

I have talked to lots of new Rokstok owners, and all have echoed your words. The only complaint is that some have to move from low rings to medium.

I am biased, obviously, but Tanya and I have been shooting a lot. We have been predominantly shooting Rokstoks, but the other day, we shot a Tikka in 6.5CM with a factory stock. After the first couple of shots, Tanya said it recoils too much, which I grinned at because she had just shot 15 shots out of her 6UM with a Rokstok on it.

3a21a452d73faeb3004690c66b0ef297.jpg

I am new to all this but my path has taken a new turn in the last year. Switched from 6.5 Creedmoor to 6 mm Creedmoor. Bought a Proof Elevation with a Swarovski Z6i built my own range and started shooting more. Took an 850 yard qualifying class and the instructor was amazed that my hunting rifle was outshooting purpose built long range rigs. I was convinced I had the best rifle setup ever made. Phenomenal shooter. Tiny groups. I was having fun. I started reading Rokslide.

Took an old Tikka T3 and spun on a CarbonSix 18" 6mm prefit barrel. Bought a Stocky's VG CF Stock and a Scythe TI Suppressor and a Maven RS1.2. Started shooting 10 shot groups. Now I am having even more fun. Now I know how much better I can get and how I need to work on my skills.

Got my Rokstock. Is it life-altering? No. Somehow, even though I am not good enough to know why, things just got easier, more consistent and better. Now Sub-MOA 10 shot groups are happening when I don't mess up. I never did it before.

Thank you Rokslide and thank you Unknown Munitions. I can't wait to get more of your stuff.

Attachments

• Ranch Life.jpg
    Ranch Life.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

BlueJay

FNG
Classified Approved
I'm setting up a 22 Creedmoor on a Tikka action and ordered a 20inch PVA prefit with the 0.750 taperless contour with their 4th of July sale. I've got other rifles and an initial stock I can use for the upcoming season, but ultimately I'd like to put this in a Rokstok and don't mind the wait. Would the Benchmark#5/Bartlein 3B barrel channel work or would it be safer to go with the Proof Sendero?

I'm setting up a 22 Creedmoor on a Tikka action and ordered a 20inch PVA prefit with the 0.750 taperless contour with their 4th of July sale. I've got other rifles and an initial stock I can use for the upcoming season, but ultimately I'd like to put this in a Rokstok and don't mind the wait. Would the Benchmark#5/Bartlein 3B barrel channel work or would it be safer to go with the Proof Sendero?

A 3b is bigger everywhere the barrel will be inside the stock inlet than the pva 750 taperless.

BlueJay

FNG
Classified Approved
A 3b is bigger everywhere the barrel will be inside the stock inlet than the pva 750 taperless.
Perfect thanks, that's what I assumed from looking at the contour specs. Just didn't wanna wait >150 days and realize I'd ordered the wrong version.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU

7bd7e4d1c9d34d8a14a85eeabe37658e.jpg

Not a great picture the barrel is pretty even but the shadow make it look bad. This is a BM#5 in the 3B stock channel. Going forward all of mine are proof Sendero channels. There is no downside IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BlueJay

FNG
Classified Approved
7bd7e4d1c9d34d8a14a85eeabe37658e.jpg

Not a great picture the barrel is pretty even but the shadow make it look bad. This is a BM#5 in the 3B stock channel. Going forward all of mine are proof Sendero channels. There is no downside IMO

Awesome thanks!

I am not so sure I agree with Ryan on this one. There are some huge gaps when you put a Tikka D18 barrel in a Proof/Sendero barrel channel. I am not sure if a D18 is smaller than the 3B or not. You can put your finger in the gap under the barrel. It does not really bother me but I suspect some people would not like it.

Attachments

• Rokstok1 (1).jpeg
    Rokstok1 (1).jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Rokstok2 (1).jpeg
    Rokstok2 (1).jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Rokstok3 (1).jpeg
    Rokstok3 (1).jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 220
OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I am not so sure I agree with Ryan on this one. There are some huge gaps when you put a Tikka D18 barrel in a Proof/Sendero barrel channel. I am not sure if a D18 is smaller than the 3B or not. You can put your finger in the gap under the barrel. It does not really bother me but I suspect some people would not like it.

Only down side is looks…. I will take function over form every time. Anyone have a dead cat:)

BlueJay

FNG
Classified Approved
Per Ryan's suggestion I just ordered a Rokstok with the Sendero barrel channel. Don't care about looks and would rather err of the side of making sure it fits.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Per Ryan's suggestion I just ordered a Rokstok with the Sendero barrel channel. Don't care about looks and would rather err of the side of making sure it fits.

Isn’t the barrel channel fill such that it can be “refined” without turning out to be such a sloppy fit?

BBob

WKR
You can put your finger in the gap under the barrel.
It may be an illusion but it doesn't look right. Looking at the rifles side profile is the center of the barrel roughly at the top of the stocks forend? It looks like it's very high. The center of the side rib on the barrel looks like it is higher than the top of the stock. Does the whole barreled action run parallel with the stock looking at it from the side? It looks like it's tilted up at the front.

Juan_ID

WKR
It may be an illusion but it doesn't look right. Looking at the rifles side profile is the center of the barrel roughly at the top of the stocks forend? It looks like it's very high. The center of the side rib on the barrel looks like it is higher than the top of the stock. Does the whole barreled action run parallel with the stock looking at it from the side? It looks like it's tilted up at the front.
I thought the same thing, almost like the action is sitting on top of the recoil lug instead of seated down on it