RokStok

I am not so sure I agree with Ryan on this one. There are some huge gaps when you put a Tikka D18 barrel in a Proof/Sendero barrel channel. I am not sure if a D18 is smaller than the 3B or not. You can put your finger in the gap under the barrel. It does not really bother me but I suspect some people would not like it.

Looks like the recoil lug is not seated in the action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Rokstok has a Sendero Carbon SIx barrel that lives in it. I was test fitting my 223 D18 version and shot it to compare to the Stocky's VG. I thought the same thing about it not fitting well but I think it was in there correctly. It did shoot great.

The old Tikka T3 action and sendero profile barrel that live in this stock have plenty of room. I will admit it looks like the barreled action is tilted up in the stock. This rifle is the most accurate rifle I have ever touched. I do not think it is installed wrong but I might have messed up when I was swapping it back and forth between 3 different Tikka rifles. The mag works great, it feeds well. I will play with it tomorrow.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
This Rokstok has a Sendero Carbon SIx barrel that lives in it. I was test fitting my 223 D18 version and shot it to compare to the Stocky's VG. I thought the same thing about it not fitting well but I think it was in there correctly. It did shoot great.

The old Tikka T3 action and sendero profile barrel that live in this stock have plenty of room. I will admit it looks like the barreled action is tilted up in the stock. This rifle is the most accurate rifle I have ever touched. I do not think it is installed wrong but I might have messed up when I was swapping it back and forth between 3 different Tikka rifles. The mag works great, it feeds well. I will play with it tomorrow.

The recoil lug is not seated.

03mossy

WKR
The recoil lug is not seated.
Maybe a dumb question but how do you know the recoil lug it seated properly?

My barrel sits up higher than I thought it would have but still shoots good???

Attachments

• IMG_8643.jpeg
    IMG_8643.jpeg
    927.9 KB · Views: 326

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved

My barrel sits up higher than I thought it would have but still shoots good???
It should sit like this in the stock. Notice the location of the vent hole on the action. If the action is on top of the recoil lug rather than the lug being in the slot, it will sit up at an angle. That, or your stock is FUBAR.
20240706_212955.jpg

Just wanted to give another shoutout to @Ryan Avery @Formidilosus @Stockys @Unknown Munitions

I used my Rokstock for the Rokslide Cold Bore Challenge the last 5 days (4 shooting days)...

Day 1: 672 Yards shooting off backpack
Day 2: 672 Yards shooting seated with Spartan long bipod
Day 3: 920 Yards shooting prone with short Spartan bipod
Day 4: 814 Yards shooting seated with Spartan long bipod

I was able to get hits on 10" targets with each cold bore shot, shooting an old Tikka .260 hunting rifle with Maven RS1.2 and UM Tikka Rings.

Posting this here because I wanted to let folks know that each one of these unique field positions was in every way, easier to accomplish with the Rokstock. The flat bottom, properly sloped comb, grip and trigger reach, and overall hand carrying/shouldering ergonomics/balance/weight, give you an absolute advantage in every shot type you can think of.

This stock isn't "hype" or a "gimmick" to make a couple folks some bucks (which hopefully it does). It will absolutely help you get more hits down range and be a more proficient shooter/killer. If you are still waiting on a stock and are thinking of cancelling your order, I would highly suggest to wait patiently.

Feel free to check out my videos and photos in the Cold Bore Challenge Post #70, I took the time to video and explain each shot and field position and then did a separate video of the actual shots.

View attachment 732537
Spectacular scenery

BBob

WKR
The barreled action should sit parallel to the top of the stock. The midline of the action and barrel should be approximately 50/50 in and out of the stock. As already said the recoil lug isn’t seated properly. It’s kicking up the front of the action.
but still shoots good???
It just might do better if you get it installed correctly.

03mossy

WKR
Ok.

This is my first time tinkering the Tikkas so how do I get the recoil lug lower? I’ve always had Rem 700’s and Savages in the past where the lug was attached to the barreled action.

Machingeaneer

Lil-Rokslider
The underside of the action has a slot in it for the recoil lug which is set in your stock.
Screenshot_2024-07-07-08-21-58-06_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~3.jpg
You either need to slide the barreled action forwards or backwards in the stock so that the lug drops into the slot. As others have mentioned, you'll know it's correct because the barrel will be parallel to the top of the forend.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Ok.

This is my first time tinkering the Tikkas so how do I get the recoil lug lower? I’ve always had Rem 700’s and Savages in the past where the lug was attached to the barreled action.
What I do:
1. Pull the action from the stock
2. Set the action in the stock as far forward as possible and press down, this will have it sitting on the recoil lug
3. While pressing down slide the action backwards until the frond drops down the rest of the way

You can also pull the recoil lug from the stock, flip the action upside down, set recoil lug in the slot on the action, then set the stock down on top of the action. This is a bit of a pain, and if a scope is mounted you will need a helper.

You can start by pulling the recoil lug out and just setting your action in the stock, this will let you get a feel for how it should sit. I personally use the vent hole as my reference as if this is not close to the stock, then the action is not seated correctly. Once you have seen it in properly, it is pretty easy to recognize.

Just in case a visual helps.

Last edited:
There is definitely something going on with my Rokstock. It appears the recoil lug sits too high up in the slot causing the action to sit up on the lug. There is a dramatic difference in how the action sits in the stock with the recoil lug versus without. No amount of adjusting would let the action drop all the way in when the recoil lug was installed. I tried a factory recoil lug and there was no difference.

Attachments

• No recoil lug barrel.jpg
    No recoil lug barrel.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 118
  • No recoil lug side.jpg
    No recoil lug side.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 117
  • With recoil lug barrel.jpg
    With recoil lug barrel.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 117
  • With recoil lug side.jpg
    With recoil lug side.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 116

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
There is definitely something going on with my Rokstock. It appears the recoil lug sits too high up in the slot causing the action to sit up on the lug. There is a dramatic difference in how the action sits in the stock with the recoil lug versus without. No amount of adjusting would let the action drop all the way in when the recoil lug was installed. I tried a factory recoil lug and there was no difference.

No- it’s not seated. They can be difficult to seat correctly, but that is your issue.

ljalberta

WKR
How high above the lug slot does the top of the lug sit?

lak2004

WKR
Shouldn't you be able to tell it's seated by the ejection port position?
93e7b34bcf00ec0c46443cd1ee6c3287.jpg

waspocrew

WKR

Seems odd for sure - are you sure it’s seated correctly?

lintond

WKR

My stock has a tight fit so I have to squeeze the stock & action and give it a couple bounces off the recoil pad to get it to seat the recoil lug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk