RokStok

id_jon

WKR
I took my NRL hunter gun out of a KRG bravo and put it in the rokstok. I've put around 150 rounds through it in the rokstok, and I would say they perform nearly identically, but the rokstok is half the weight. Went from 11lbs 14oz with no bipod to 11lbs 6oz with a bipod. Suppressed 6.5cm, so it keeps you honest on recoil management if you want to spot shots well.

slowelk

WKR
I took my NRL hunter gun out of a KRG bravo and put it in the rokstok. I've put around 150 rounds through it in the rokstok, and I would say they perform nearly identically, but the rokstok is half the weight. Went from 11lbs 14oz with no bipod to 11lbs 6oz with a bipod. Suppressed 6.5cm, so it keeps you honest on recoil management if you want to spot shots well.

Are you going to use it for a match? I’d like to, but feel reliant on 10rd aics mags.

id_jon

WKR
Are you going to use it for a match? I’d like to, but feel reliant on 10rd aics mags.
Yep, shooting Price this weekend. Shot a 1 day hunter last weekend, wasn't a huge problem. Definitely takes some getting used to though. Hardest part is not reaching for my belt to grab a mag, but on my bino harness.

Gonewest

WKR
Thanks for the update.. I own my own business and found if you communicate with customers about issues and time frames they are mostly understanding.

Can't wait to get My RokStok!!!!!
So true! When customers don’t have information they never seem to assume positive things 😅. Most just want to know what’s going on but there are A-holes in every group.

jsider

FNG
Indeed. Taking a product from its initial concept all the way through to production and distribution is a huge accomplishment, especially at the Rokstok speed. The patience required in the early production will pay off as processes become streamlined and more efficient. They deserve a big grace period to get everything smooth. Once they get past this early entry period, ordering and receiving should be a piece of cake for those of us ordering for several guns:)

Elite

WKR
What is the benefit of the bottom rear of the stock being completely flat? Sloped makes for easy bag adjustments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the benefit of the bottom rear of the stock being completely flat? Sloped makes for easy bag adjustments

Short version if you are resting the butt recoil causes the back of the stock to drop and consequently the gun ends up pointing high making it hard to follow through which doesn’t help your accuracy or spot your shots

Gstew1930

FNG
Classified Approved
I know this thing is new but i'll take a long shot here, any chance of making a folder in the future? i would love to replace my HNT26 with one of these but i love having the folder. i know its not the most important thing on a stock but i do enjoy it

I know this thing is new but i'll take a long shot here, any chance of making a folder in the future? i would love to replace my HNT26 with one of these but i love having the folder. i know its not the most important thing on a stock but i do enjoy it

I know there was a big focus during the initial design to keep the weight down and close to the factory stock. I don't have my stock yet, but it sounds like it ended up around 30 oz. This wouldn't be achievable with a folding option.

There has already been talk of a future heavy-fill version of the rokstok where weight is not a concern, so maybe they would consider a folding version of that stock. I don't think stocky's has any folding stock options currently though, so it would probably be quite a bit of R&D and testing to get that feature added.

I'll save you some time reading back through the thread. The parallel toe line and negative slope on the cheekpiece are both design features intended to make the rifle recoil straight backwards to mitigate muzzle rise and high misses.

Elite

WKR
I'll save you some time reading back through the thread. The parallel toe line and negative slope on the cheekpiece are both design features intended to make the rifle recoil straight backwards to mitigate muzzle rise and high misses.

Makes sense thanks. What’s the most stable way to adjust elevation when at the range then?

Gstew1930

FNG
Classified Approved
I know there was a big focus during the initial design to keep the weight down and close to the factory stock. I don't have my stock yet, but it sounds like it ended up around 30 oz. This wouldn't be achievable with a folding option.

There has already been talk of a future heavy-fill version of the rokstok where weight is not a concern, so maybe they would consider a folding version of that stock. I don't think stocky's has any folding stock options currently though, so it would probably be quite a bit of R&D and testing to get that feature added.
That makes sense

Makes sense thanks. What’s the most stable way to adjust elevation when at the range then?

Hopefully someone who has actually shot their rokstok will chime in, but I use a rear squeeze bag that I can squeeze harder or softer to make minor changes in elevation even on my current factory tikka stock rather than sliding it backwards or forwards on the rear bag.

They’ve also talked about a light version which is based off of a hollow design if I recall correctly. If I’m not mistaken they mentioned a folding options but it does seem unproductive to use that on a hollow design. At best that would offset the weight savings and at worst it would slow down the shot and add a point of failure.