RokStok

BBB

FNG
Please stop calling them so they can focus on building stocks rather than taking your calls. Cheesus! you guys are like a bunch of kids! And I’m the dummy that reads each post on this thread like something new is gonna pop-up! Lol

Please stop calling them so they can focus on building stocks rather than taking your calls. Cheesus! you guys are like a bunch of kids! And I’m the dummy that reads each post on this thread like something new is gonna pop-up! Lol
They could stop a lot of phone calls by posting an update every so often. At this point i think its reasonable that people want some updates.

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
They could stop a lot of phone calls by posting an update every so often. At this point i think its reasonable that people want some updates.

Absolutely. I expected delays when i ordered, given the circumstances. Ordered 12-27 so it can be delayed plenty past the 90 days and still be here in time to practice well before season. Figured I'd see it maybe in march. Then the texture took longer than planned, cool I'll see it in April, maybe early May. Well now its June and guys that ordered 12-21 still don't have their stocks. At the current rate, I'm wondering if I'll have mine in time to go hunting.

Brix8984

WKR
I’m pretty sure Jessica is paid to simply answer the phone don’t think she is in the back turning orders when she is not talking to customers. Secondly they could save themselves this headache with an email to customers who have ordered rokstocks. I’m probably one of the few who ordered a rokstock before finding this thread. When I ordered I believed I would receive the stock within 90 days as that was all that was stated on their website. I found this thread after and realized that was not the case but since then we have missed other deadlines which is bothersome whether it is UM’s fault or not. I’m not sure why the industry norm is to over promise and under deliver on lead times and everyone is just ok with it. I’m happy to wait on my stock as it’s what I want design and quality wise just trying to figure out if I need to grab another stock in the mean time.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I don't have any animosity or anger, I'm just genuinely curious.

I'm certainly grateful for the design and willingness to provide the opportunity for myself and others to buy the stock that is done correctly from a shooter's perspective.

But I'm also just curious as to what percentage of orders have been filled. If that can't be disclosed, that's cool too.

rbutcher1234

Lil-Rokslider
I am equally torn between being completely fine with a ever-expanding lead time due to consumers fronting the development and production cycles of a novel product AND being frustrated/losing interest at the lack of communication and updates about the slippage of said development and production cycle timing.

lintond

WKR
I’m pretty sure Jessica is paid to simply answer the phone don’t think she is in the back turning orders when she is not talking to customers. Secondly they could save themselves this headache with an email to customers who have ordered rokstocks. I’m probably one of the few who ordered a rokstock before finding this thread. When I ordered I believed I would receive the stock within 90 days as that was all that was stated on their website. I found this thread after and realized that was not the case but since then we have missed other deadlines which is bothersome whether it is UM’s fault or not. I’m not sure why the industry norm is to over promise and under deliver on lead times and everyone is just ok with it. I’m happy to wait on my stock as it’s what I want design and quality wise just trying to figure out if I need to grab another stock in the mean time.

If I blew deadlines off I know my customers would find another engineer to work with. I’m having similar frustrations with carbon 6. Told 4 months and am past 6 now.

Communication is king! Just tell us all directly it will be xyz extra weeks/months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizz19

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a custom tikka build with a rokstock a month ago, before I found this thread, and was quoted 5 months for the rokstock and another 8 weeks for the build. I was Hoping to have it for my late October/Early nov deer hunt and my late Az elk hunt beginning of December. Now I’m pretty concerned I won’t have it in time for either hunt. I knew I was cutting it a little close and I want the build with the rokstock, but I was expecting by ordering end of April I’d have it by December. Hopefully by then they have it all sorted out though and I’ll have it with me 👍🏼

Last edited:

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
If I blew deadlines off I know my customers would find another engineer to work with. I’m having similar frustrations with carbon 6. Told 4 months and am past 6 now.

Communication is king! Just tell us all directly it will be xyz extra weeks/months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, missing deadlines by a few days or more is a no go 99% of the time. We had to put in alot of effort to finish 26 gun stock molds for a customer a couple years ago by the due date they were quoted. If I remember correctly they were a couple days late, but there was no shortage of communication as to why and overall they were good with it. I don't expect um to be in direct communication with me about it with my tiny $700 order but a email or a post here could really clear some things up. Maybe they are waiting to have all their ducks in a row before they post, cause I feel like if they post something and miss it again... by another 90 days people will be upset and rightfully so.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think there is some frustration in UM presenting their timelines like they weren’t gonna be like the typical black hole gunsmith. Now that we’re experiencing lead times approaching 2x longer than claimed on more than just the rokstok we will plan and shop according with that unfortunately lowered expectation in mind.

I don’t think I would have sent in my Tikka action for work (10weeks ago) if I knew I wouldn’t have it back for all of May and beyond (still not clear when I am gonna get it back), I got excited about the nitride and all but I need to develop a load with a new barrel and need the action in spring/early summer before life gets busier (I get limited time to shoot so this is a big annoyance now if I’m being honest). I’d have waiting till next winter or just not done it at all. But 6weeks (which was stated at the time) was reasonable and I foolishly believed UM had their lead times dialed in, hell I am honest I was optimistic they’d beat their lead time (under promise and over deliver)… obviously I had the wrong impression.

Not having the rokstok is less annoying but still a bummer, I got other stocks to use in the meantime, if I had an action.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I don’t know what’s going on in specifics, but I do know this. Jake has several compelling reasons to get me a RokStok (ordered 12/27) in the next few weeks. He cannot, even in bare carbon. I’m certain if he could, he would. Something structural has occurred in the last few weeks which UM did not anticipate. I’m sure he’s as frustrated as we are.

-J

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I think there is some frustration in UM presenting their timelines like they weren’t gonna be like the typical black hole gunsmith. Now that we’re experiencing lead times approaching 2x longer than claimed on more than just the rokstok we will plan and shop according with that unfortunately lowered expectation in mind.

I don’t think I would have sent in my Tikka action for work (10weeks ago) if I knew I wouldn’t have it back for all of May and beyond (still not clear when I am gonna get it back), I got excited about the nitride and all but I need to develop a load with a new barrel and need the action in spring/early summer before life gets busier (I get limited time to shoot so this is a big annoyance now if I’m being honest). I’d have waiting till next winter or just not done it at all. But 6weeks (which was stated at the time) was reasonable and I foolishly believed UM had their lead times dialed in, hell I am honest I was optimistic they’d beat their lead time (under promise and over deliver)… obviously I had the wrong impression.

Not having the rokstok is less annoying but still a bummer, I got other stocks to use in the meantime, if I had an action.
I feel like some of it is UM is a victim of their own success. With the rokstok and tikka rings they offer products I will wait for and continue to buy, but there is some loss of trust and I would not send them anything unless I can just forget about it and not worry about the timeline.

It is what it is. I appreciate the innovation and willingness to develop new products. Exo is proof that doing that can be drama free though.

This, and Maven being unable to keep inventory of RS1.2s really shows there is some level of demand for things that function. Which is encouraging because for a while I was thinking only a few crazies wanted things close to what I wanted (well, it may still be a drop in the bucket, but more than a few).

rbutcher1234

Lil-Rokslider
I certainly do not expect or want UM or Stockys to lower quality standards, change processes negatively, or in any way impact the final product to meet deadlines. I believe that is why we choose to spend our money there. I do, however, expect updates when promised or communicated deadlines are going to change. I think that would eliminate any of the issues we are complaining about.