RokStok

And took it out to just over 1000 yards today. It shot great, definitely ended up building better And more stable positions that allow for adjustment in the rear by squeezing the bag rather than sliding it front or back.

IMG_9116.jpeg

Side note: the Liberty Precision Mach S suppressor is great. But the CGS Hyperion on the AI is noticeably quieter

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Stoked. Rokstok was delivered and the can (not the one on this rifle) I put on a trust back in January got approved today… a CGS Hyperion for the AI AT.

Going out tomorrow to get some rounds through it. For anyone wondering: Tikka T3X, 20” Bartlein 3B fluted in 6mm Creedmoor, Maven RS1.2 in UM low rings, with Liberty Precision Machine Mach S suppressor.

Using factory bottom plastic for now, had to file out the opening to fit the KRG Midas trigger. Waiting for the call from High Desert Rifle works on a metal version
I like the looks of that bolt knob what brand is it?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Well, after shooting it I really like it. Feels and works better in offhand, seated, and prone.
Got out and shot it today, it certainly feels better, without a suppressor I can easily keep the target in the FOV of a fixed 6x scope at 100 yards using a bare muzzle 308 loaded with 178 gr bullets. I had intended to get more video (I shot fifty 308 rounds), but I though I would be cool and use the video with my shooters global shot timer, somehow I did not capture any video and only realized it when I had 5 rounds left.

Seated unsupported with the 308 I scoped myself with the factory stock, not horrible, but enough to draw a very slight amount of blood from my glasses hitting my face.

Switching back to back, the first shot with the Rokstok after using the factory stock feels significantly better .

Sadler

WKR
I may have missed this but was there any plans of making a youth version of this stock? Specifically for the T1X version? My five year old needs a proper 22 of his own.

Finally got to shoot my 6cm with rokstock today, 50 rounds out to 500yd on steel plate and 720yd on some rocks in 12mph cross winds.

Zero shifted .6 up from bell and carlson stock witch was interesting.

Defiantly noticed less reticle movment at the shot. Watched every impact. The grip and trigger reach is awesome. Head angle with comb is a new feel but nothing I can't get used to. May move my scope back a touch or bump LOP.

I will also admit I was originally hesitant with the flat toe as I know in the past I have slide the rear bag forward and back to make quick elevation changes, resting the rifle direclty on the bag. Took some tips from the recent shoot2hunt podcast and had the rear of rifle rest directly in my hand, then squeezed rear bag below that. Just ball up hand or squeeze bag more a less to make elevation adjustments now, feel like it doesn't limit elevation adjustments any less than a sloped toe, and actually more steady and now much prefer it.

Good job gents.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I may have missed this but was there any plans of making a youth version of this stock? Specifically for the T1X version? My five year old needs a proper 22 of his own.
Unless you have a large 5 year old, a Savage Rascal at $200ish is a solid little gun. Proper safety, working the bolt cocks it, and a pretty decent set of peep sights.

Granted, my daughter is on the small side, but at 6 she has a little difficulty handling the Rascal and it is only 2.7 pounds. A 5.5 pound T1x would leave her stuck to a bench for longer.

Sadler

WKR
Unless you have a large 5 year old, a Savage Rascal at $200ish is a solid little gun. Proper safety, working the bolt cocks it, and a pretty decent set of peep sights.

Granted, my daughter is on the small side, but at 6 she has a little difficulty handling the Rascal and it is only 2.7 pounds. A 5.5 pound T1x would leave her stuck to a bench for longer.
Thanks for the insight. He’s not larger than normal so that’ll probably be the ticket. Didn’t even think about the weight.

khuber84

WKR
My Tikka rokstok will be here tomorrow, thanks to fedex shitting the bed. Didn't think it'd take them 6 days to ship something to my house being 4 hrs from Post Falls via car.

id_jon

WKR
My Tikka rokstok will be here tomorrow, thanks to fedex shitting the bed. Didn't think it'd take them 6 days to ship something to my house being 4 hrs from Post Falls via car.
Did yours go to Oakland first too?

id_jon

WKR
Got my rokstok painted up today!
Decided I wanted just a little longer lop to match what I'm used to, so I threw a KRG recoil pad on there, got a little extra height out of it too.
The grip dimensions feel more natural than anything I've ever shot.
IMG_20240527_202024801.jpgIMG_20240527_202049641.jpg

khuber84

WKR
It's here! Tried to mimic the manners high plains camo scheme, close I say. I like it, but will likely be going to higher rings. This is a lil oddball cartridge I named the 257 redneck. Set a 25cm reamer 90k deep, and fireformed alpha 7saw brass in it. Running 134 eldm at 2950 with rl16, 23" 7.5tw brux #4, ultra7 on the muzzle. Have not shot it in the new stock yet, fedex just dropped off the rostok a hour ago.
20240528_113531.jpg

BAKPAKR

WKR
It's here! Tried to mimic the manners high plains camo scheme, close I say. I like it, but will likely be going to higher rings. This is a lil oddball cartridge I named the 257 redneck. Set a 25cm reamer 90k deep, and fireformed alpha 7saw brass in it. Running 134 eldm at 2950 with rl16, 23" 7.5tw brux #4, ultra7 on the muzzle. Have not shot it in the new stock yet, fedex just dropped off the rostok a hour ago.
View attachment 717233

I like that paint!