RokStok

03mossy

WKR
12/21 3 color order here. Stock arrived today! I’ll post up pics tomorrow once the barreled action is installed. Just playing with it and aiming out the windows they absolutely nailed the grip area! It’s perfect.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Lead time on their site (same when I ordered) "Lead time is 3 weeks total for machine and Cerakote work, add 3 MORE weeks for Nitride." IE six weeks.

BUT it wasn't the timeline issue that was worth discussing. I was replying because the answers I was getting were bizarre (kinda like your statement about customers comments). It was fragmented statements that didn't make sense on their own.

"Hi I sent in an action 7 weeks ago, lead time was 6 weeks at the time, I am just curious about the current status" = "Lead time on nitride is 3-4weeks so it'll be a few weeks"
"I sent it in 7 weeks ago are you saying it just went into nitride?" = "Looks like the machinist picked it up early May"
(Keep in mind my response question was when did it go to nitride because the first answer I got was in regards to the lead time for nitride so that reply stating a date about a machinist doesn't clearly answer anything. Is this an outside machinist and if so what phase of the process are they involved in, the whole thing, just the nitride phase, etc. Was that a way of trying to say their internal machinist picked it off the shelf early May? See how its bizarre)

I wouldn't be scratching my head if they said "Looks like your action didn't get started on till early May and just went off to Nitride so it'll be 3-4weeks from now". That is a complete and clear answer, lol.
I agree that not getting answers is a PIA. Who did you talk to? I have nothing to do with UM's business outside of the Rokstok, but I know the Tikka UM action process well since I had the first one and can help ensure everyone is on the same page.

grizz19

Lil-Rokslider
Are they calling to confirm color on all orders before they stick them in the oven? On my build they just put the generic sponge but no specifying on colors. Just curious if I need to let them know my color choices or if they will contact me before they start.

03mossy

WKR
Mine turned out a bit differently than I requested so they sent me pics and asked what I thought before they shipped it. I really liked it so told them ship it. They did offer to redo it but I’m glad I accepted it because I think it looks great!

wyogoat

WKR
12/21 order with no changes and two color tear pattern. Factory inlet has plenty of room for total free float in the center of the channel.
@grizz19 I did get a call to confirm colors.
Grip texturing is great but no rounds through it yet. Atlasworx bottom metal went in perfectly
Low rings on a 20 moa rail seems perfect for me.
IMG_5342.jpegIMG_5344.jpeg

TX_Diver

WKR
An update would be nice
I wouldn’t turn down an update either.

I think part of the reason the silence on LE green stocks is odd is because they did such a good job updating us with what was going on through the process of earlier.

At this point not having heard anything and seeing all the LE green questions skipped while others get answered makes me wonder if there was an issue with those or something.

I ordered one as I thought it was cool but if they’re coming later or something I’d gladly take something else sooner as I’m moving soon and only have a few weeks left of being able to shoot at the house 😞

I may have also ordered LE green as In my heart I also hoped they’d ship first 😂

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I agree that not getting answers is a PIA. Who did you talk to? I have nothing to do with UM's business outside of the Rokstok, but I know the Tikka UM action process well since I had the first one and can help ensure everyone is on the same page.
Can’t recall a name to be honest, whomever the dial menu took me to for “machining”.

Since you know it well, is the machining in-house or out of house? I don’t care either way I just didn’t know what to make of the reference to the machinist picking it up part.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
12/21 order with no changes and two color tear pattern. Factory inlet has plenty of room for total free float in the center of the channel.
Grip texturing is great but no rounds through it yet. Atlasworx bottom metal went in perfectly
View attachment 713663View attachment 713664
BAM. That is what I’d expect after seeing the render version. Looks solid.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider

I think part of the reason the silence on LE green stocks is odd is because they did such a good job updating us with what was going on through the process of earlier.

At this point not having heard anything and seeing all the LE green questions skipped while others get answered makes me wonder if there was an issue with those or something.

I ordered one as I thought it was cool but if they’re coming later or something I’d gladly take something else sooner as I’m moving soon and only have a few weeks left of being able to shoot at the house 😞

I may have also ordered LE green as In my heart I also hoped they’d ship first 😂
Ha I’ve had similar thoughts/wonderings.

I may have read too far into the ‘first come first serve’ messaging and 100% thought that LE greens would be out in the wild first, thinking a wave of Rokslide green weave camo would be some good ‘in person’ guerilla marketing, as it grabs your attention more, but so does these awesome UM cerakote jobs I spose. But I also bet there aren’t stacks of green carbon weave material just laying around either.

I overheard when on the phone with UM the first batch of LE greens was getting molded by Stocky’s the week before last (I think), but it wasn’t a really firm comment, more of a “I think she started them today” answer in the background when my inquiry was passed on, I believe in reference to Jess’s efforts at Stockys.
I’m connecting a lot of dots there though and this info is prob akin to a bad rumor in a small town. Update would be cool!

grizz19

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 713663View attachment 713664
Awesome thanks for the info. Freakin sweet scheme on that rifle. Looks awesome

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

If I was running the show I would want to get enough stocks to be painted in front of my team so they could stay busy before I started recieving bare carbon stocks to ship out.