RokStok

Chanimal

FNG
Initial thoughts...

Fit and Finish – Overall first impression is great. I really like the textured areas, plenty of grip but doesn’t feel rough or snaggy, if that makes sense. The recoil lug inlet required a small bit of sanding to get the lug in, it is tight which I appreciate! Overall action inlet is tight and fits great.

Shooting - I had a Tikka 6 Creed barreled action waiting on this to show up. Scope is mounted in UM Low Rings. I need more time behind the trigger, it felt great but only loaded enough ammo for a rough zero then messing around with some steel. Cheek weld is a little different, but I got used to it quickly, UM low rings work fine for myself and the wife. The flat toe line required me to use a different combination rear support bags. This did not bother me, but will take a bit of practice.

Hard to say it was all the stock as the suppressor is new too, but my wife feels way more confident and comfortable with the rokstok than she did with the factory tikka stock. It was much easier to get her in the scope and setup. She had a big grin on her face after pulling the trigger the first time. She’s not an experienced shooter, but commented on how much easier it was for her to stay on the gun through the shot and get back on target.

Document1.jpg
IMG_3125.JPGIMG_3126.JPGIMG_3120.JPG

ljalberta

WKR
Initial thoughts...

Fit and Finish – Overall first impression is great. I really like the textured areas, plenty of grip but doesn’t feel rough or snaggy, if that makes sense. The recoil lug inlet required a small bit of sanding to get the lug in, it is tight which I appreciate! Overall action inlet is tight and fits great.

Shooting - I had a Tikka 6 Creed barreled action waiting on this to show up. Scope is mounted in UM Low Rings. I need more time behind the trigger, it felt great but only loaded enough ammo for a rough zero then messing around with some steel. Cheek weld is a little different, but I got used to it quickly, UM low rings work fine for myself and the wife. The flat toe line required me to use a different combination rear support bags. This did not bother me, but will take a bit of practice.

Hard to say it was all the stock as the suppressor is new too, but my wife feels way more confident and comfortable with the rokstok than she did with the factory tikka stock. It was much easier to get her in the scope and setup. She had a big grin on her face after pulling the trigger the first time. She’s not an experienced shooter, but commented on how much easier it was for her to stay on the gun through the shot and get back on target.

View attachment 703128
View attachment 703131View attachment 703133View attachment 703129
Looks fantastic. What are the details on the barrel?

fwafwow

WKR
The two I ordered on December 21st shipped today. One bare carbon and one 2 color paint. I believe my order was in the first ten sold based on the in stock numbers at my time of order.
Nice. I was same day but worried my two color selection would mess things up.

ljalberta

WKR
Thanks! It's a lot of carbon for sure..

It's a tikka shank Hells Canyon, 20" long. I don't remember the contour.

Looks good. I actually have a 20” HCA barrel for my 6 Creed coming as well. Went back and forth on it and a Proof, but decided to test out the HCA. I think I’m still about 10 weeks out from getting that rifle in hand though.

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
Same here, I’m all in an ARCA, but I would pick one up if I could have a low profile Spartan mount in the ARCA.

I’d rather Spartan or someone make a good 8-10oz. Bipod with an ARCA mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am interested in trying one of these ultralight Arca bipods from MTN Gear
5.7oz and arca sound pretty interesting

Gonewest

WKR
My thoughts after about 12-20 rounds, seated off a bench and prone off a pack.
- stock contacts my cheap muffs but doesn't really affect anything. I won't be wearing these during hunting situations anyway

- I can tell that the shape of the stock pulls more of my weight over the rear of the stock vs the stockys VG, which makes a noticeable difference in spotting impacts.

-muzzle rise is almost, if not completely eliminated when using a front/rear rest. Have not tried shooting offhand or without a rear rest yet.

-my finish was a single color gray and came VERY flat, which I appreciate. I have no time for shiny stocks. The integrated grip is nice, seems like it's enough to grip but not so much that it'll collect mud/dirt.

- the integrated pic/arca scalloped stock area is sweet.

- mine did not come with sling cups but I don't use them anyway so I was happy to see that.

I'm trying hard to come up with something that I don't like about it, but I can't. More time with it may uncover something but just good things so far.

Edited to add: I have UM Low Tikka rings on this rifle and did not feel the need to change. My cheek weld changed a bit but doesn't feel cramped.

-trigger reach is much shorter than the VG, feels a lot like my Magpul AR grips.
View attachment 702994
I’m looking forward to seeing all of the different cerakoted stocks. Thanks for posting.

RMM

WKR
They discussed the "lite" on S2H I believe. Pretty sure there was something mentioned about the comb being a little less aggressive on the lite model as well as the weight being in the 17-19oz range.