RokStok

OK, here are the other rails... Arca, Picatinny, and Picatinny Spartan.
Also pictured is the pocket in the stock that allows the Spartan rail to sit flush

I think the Spartan one came out awesome.

Ken

View attachment 647153

View attachment 647154

View attachment 647155

View attachment 647156View attachment 647153View attachment 647154View attachment 647155View attachment 647156
Also pictured is the pocket in the stock that allows the Spartan rail to sit flush

Ken

View attachment 647153

View attachment 647154

View attachment 647155

View attachment 647156View attachment 647153View attachment 647154View attachment 647155View attachment 647156
Those all look great! Is there room to do a Arca/Spartan adapter?

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
What you are saying isn’t wrong, it’s just not needed. You can pay the weight tax of hauling around a thicker, heavier barrel that will handle 5/8” threads or you can pay $550 minimum for a custom contoured prefit barrel that is flared and threaded at the muzzle when you a have a perfectly good barrel on your rifle already. I’ve done the latter and my money would have been better spent on an adapter and ammo. The flared 5/8” barrel does nothing that my 1/2” and 9/16” barrels do with an adapter. I’ve got 2-3k rounds through the latter and have had no accuracy issues and no baffle strikes. Do you personally know anyone who’s had a baffle strike from a non-concentric adapter? I don’t and I don’t know of anyone who does either. It’s easy to overthink and over-gear shooting, but the best answer is always to shoot what you have before you decide to invest in a bunch of changes.
I have to agree with you, completely. I had suggested a collar as while about $80 more than threading and using an adapter (I'm using an adapter on both of mine), it gives adequate shoulder and has the threads milled concentrically to the bore in the barrel material. So, for $80 more than just threading it addresses all possible concerns and looks better than an adapter.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Those all look great! Is there room to do a Arca/Spartan adapter?
I think an Arca/Pic/Spartan adapter could be done. The Spartan cup would sit in the center of the arca portion. I may be wrong, and have not measured dimensions. I would consider paying extra to have all three in one rail.

As it is, I will carry the arca plate with a spartan stud on it. I considered getting the arca/pic and installing a Spartan Gunsmith Adapter in the stock, but ended up just getting the Spartan/pic rail.

@Salmon River Solutions @Unknown Munitions
Can Santa deliver on that late Christmas request? If not, you guys do awesome work anyway and I really appreciate the current options. Figure the worst that can happen is that @Formidilosus tells me to stop turning my rifle into a bloody Swiss army knife and that I need to learn how to use my trekking poles with only the straps. He would be right, I fiddle with too much crap... and now I'm wondering why I even ordered the rail. :unsure:🥴

I think an Arca/Pic/Spartan adapter could be done. The Spartan cup would sit in the center of the arca portion. I may be wrong, and have not measured dimensions. I would consider paying extra to have all three in one rail.

As it is, I will carry the arca plate with a spartan stud on it. I considered getting the arca/pic and installing a Spartan Gunsmith Adapter in the stock, but ended up just getting the Spartan/pic rail.

Can Santa deliver on that late Christmas request? If not, you guys do awesome work anyway and I really appreciate the current options. Figure the worst that can happen is that @Formidilosus tells me to stop turning my rifle into a bloody Swiss army knife and that I need to learn how to use my trekking poles with only the straps. He would be right, I fiddle with too much crap... and now I'm wondering why I even ordered the rail. :unsure:🥴
Great idea, hopefully Santa can deliver!

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU

Can Santa deliver on that late Christmas request? If not, you guys do awesome work anyway and I really appreciate the current options. Figure the worst that can happen is that @Formidilosus tells me to stop turning my rifle into a bloody Swiss army knife and that I need to learn how to use my trekking poles with only the straps. He would be right, I fiddle with too much crap... and now I'm wondering why I even ordered the rail. :unsure:

I asked for this with the spartan hole right in the middle of the Arca. Ken let’s do this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Axlrod

WKR
I ordered the Rokstok with the pic/spartan. Spartan makes a spartan adapter with arca on it for $20. My thought is I will have all 3 with this adapter.

unknown already changed my order to 3b for a more reasonable amount of cats, great cs during this busy time and holidays

here’s to hoping raw carbon pic rail, right hand means I get to play early :)

Sled

WKR
What you are saying isn’t wrong, it’s just not needed. You can pay the weight tax of hauling around a thicker, heavier barrel that will handle 5/8” threads or you can pay $550 minimum for a custom contoured prefit barrel that is flared and threaded at the muzzle when you a have a perfectly good barrel on your rifle already. I’ve done the latter and my money would have been better spent on an adapter and ammo. The flared 5/8” barrel does nothing that my 1/2” and 9/16” barrels do with an adapter. I’ve got 2-3k rounds through the latter and have had no accuracy issues and no baffle strikes. Do you personally know anyone who’s had a baffle strike from a non-concentric adapter? I don’t and I don’t know of anyone who does either. It’s easy to overthink and over-gear shooting, but the best answer is always to shoot what you have before you decide to invest in a bunch of changes.

I would agree but add that barrel type should be a consideration. As I understand it, cut rifle and cold hammer forged barrels are bomber. Button pulled may have a tendency to open up when cut thinner during threading. 1/2" threads with a 30 cal or better could eventually lead to the old wives tales about accuracy falling off. I'm no metallurgists but those that are seem to feel it's a possibility.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I was thinking collar on the barrel when threading not a thicker barrel, minimal cost difference compared to threading and an adapter.

Ken

View attachment 647153

View attachment 647154

View attachment 647155

I appreciate all the options, but what about an ARCA/Spartan. I can’t see what you would need a pic and Spartan for, most guys with a Spartan bipod aren’t going to want to isa a pic mount bipod, but many or most of them will want the option to clamp into their tripod with the ARCA if they need more height. I would be in for one of those. As is I ordered the straight ARCA.

EDIT:
I didn’t read all the new replies, I guess I’m not the only one wanting ARCA/Spartan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: