RokStok

SDHNTR

WKR
It’s not just you- there are several that have. I/we give simple, quick and direct answers, we get “but why?” We answer the “but why”, we get “that’s a waste of my time to read/listen to”.

The answers are in this thread, the linked thread about chassis versus stocks, and that podcast.
I hear ya.

Perhaps more detail about the how and why behind the construction, some pics (as opposed or in addition to renderings) of an actual Rokstok and short vids highlighting it on the UM website would help reduce the barrage of questions. There’s not much there for us detail oriented, yet impatient, ones.

Dobermann

WKR
It’s interesting to me that people want detailed, specific answers, yet when given that, they say that they don’t have time to read or listen to them.
"Interesting" is being generous, Form.

To some of us, it's a pain in the ass.

People clog up a thread with hundreds of posts about what colours they want, as if that's almost the most important feature. Some complain there's too many posts and want others to do the work for them of answering questions that have already been answered. Some ask questions but clearly haven't used the search function. Some don't understand the design, but see fit to critique it.

I'm all for the excitement about this stock. But there was a time when Rokslide was known for its high signal-to-noise ratio, it's lack of Fuddery, and it's focus on function over aesthetics.

I hear ya.

Perhaps more detail about the how and why behind the construction, some pics (as opposed or in addition to renderings) of an actual Rokstok and short vids highlighting it on the UM website would help reduce the barrage of questions. There’s not much there for us detail oriented, yet impatient, ones.
Do you do any driving? That’s where I listen to podcasts, driving around. Gonna go steelhead fish in the AM and have a 45 minute drive there and back, and will finish it on my way home.

Living on the coast, I need something to distract me a little… besides the politics and driving, it’s a cool place to live, but it’s always a struggle getting anywhere unless it’s really early… for no reason.

Reactions: NSI

lak2004

WKR
"Interesting" is being generous, Form.

To some of us, it's a pain in the ass.

People clog up a thread with hundreds of posts about what colours they want, as if that's almost the most important feature. Some complain there's too many posts and want others to do the work for them of answering questions that have already been answered. Some ask questions but clearly haven't used the search function. Some don't understand the design, but see fit to critique it.

I'm all for the excitement about this stock. But there was a time when Rokslide was known for its high signal-to-noise ratio, it's lack of Fuddery, and it's focus on function over aesthetics.
Amen.

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider
... There was a time when Rokslide was known for its high signal-to-noise ratio, it's lack of Fuddery, and it's focus on function over aesthetics.
I suspect the number of folks here has grown enough over time to move the bell curve of personalities more toward the main stream of the hunting community.

The expansion of the community also naturally brings more people to the discussion, both helpful and not.

I'm personally amazed that Ryan & Form continue to engage us all. Especially when on bad days we act like impatient and spoiled toddlers, and on our best days we may possibly resemble a pack of mildly tolerable 5th graders....

BAKPAKR

WKR
Yes, the first 10-15 minutes of most podcasts are a circle jerk of mindless banter, sponsor fluff and time killers. When I'm driving on long trips I don't mind. At home or work I need it to the point.

I started listening to the podcast but then shut it down after several F-bombs since I get on my daughter whenever I hear that in anything she is listening to.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sounds like we are on the same page. The collar is an adapter that is decoratively machined to look integral. I’m not averse to decoration, but I have a AB raptor with a reflex mount and I never take it off. The decoration would be pointless for my set up.
I have a raptor too, their adapter adds a little length as a minor downside. It’s ugly but hidden when the reflex is on. I would just prefer a collar as an adapter portion in hindsight vs threads. Have the threads be on the barrel proper with zero chance of an adapter threading off with the can (highly doubtful since I loctited it on) and stronger (likely no functional difference l). Just as a preference.

Dobermann

WKR
I started listening to the podcast but then shut it down after several F-bombs since I get on my daughter whenever I hear that in anything she is listening to.
Yeah, I'm desperately trying to listen to this with two kids nearby, and now my partner has walked in the door.

Eff it!

prm

WKR
FYI- they indicated in an email that the Tikka Superlite is best matched with the Sporter contour stock.

Our memories are full of roses

Why are we surprised people are excited and want to talk about what they are going to order?

If people were truly upset there could have been an official rokstok zoo keeping thread where all the animals can go to talk about pretty colors and silly bs but I doubt unknown is super upset about the one rokstok thread having the most engagement of any thread in how many years?

I’m quite interested to get through this rokstok podcast.

Last edited:

prm

WKR
Enjoyed the podcast. I have had to compensate my grip on every production stock due to the grip-trigger distance. The one exception is my custom made walnut stock on my Barrett Fieldcraft. Seems like this may finally be short enough for me. On my 338 Fed Tikka I get a fair amount of muzzle rise. This should address that too.

Food for thought: The 84M is a rifle that could really benefit from this set of features. If you could incorporate a detachable mag, you’d really make a fantastic mountain hunting rifle.

Last edited:

ElPollo

WKR
Listened to the Rokstok podcast on my flight this am. I have to say that Form’s suggestion at the end for a slimmed down Rokstok for the Howa mini with an improved floorplate inlet would probably make spend a bunch more money. The minis are something that I keep thinking about and have not pulled the trigger on.