RokStok

khuber84

WKR
Sorry I'm not scrolling back through the thread to quote but it was mentioned so when you're using a rear bag the rifle recoils directly backwards instead of being pushed up or down by an angle on the bottom of the stock.
This is a trait taken from the gunwerks clymr. Actually the rokstok is very similar to a clymr/magnus hybrid but with even more negative comb. Gunwerks makes a very good stock, however their prices are too bukoo for me. If the clymr had a thicker more vertical grip I'd probably own one.

lintond

WKR
Ok I can see that, but doesn't it take away the ability to use the rear bag as a means to bring your sight picture up and down?

I mean if I had to pick between the two, if pick shot spotting everytime but im just curious why its a straight 90 degrees instead of say 80 or 75 from toe to grip
I am not an expert but what I've found is using a bag that has enough cushion that you can either let it be flat & low or squeeze it tight to raise it up. I currently use a bag with a rectangular shape so I can rotate 90 degrees to get higher loft on the rear then squeeze for fine adjustment. Hope that makes sense.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@Salmon River Solutions changing the game. This whole project has been pretty cool to watch along development, very impressive. Patent that footprint and in a few years all the big name stocks will have an open slot ready to take one of your rails.

Involving a large amount of people in the development only helps the end product be more refined. You still can’t make everyone happy but it ultimately results in a superior product.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Can someone run me through the reasoning behind the flat bottom from toe to grip?

Shooting performance. There is no upside in spotting shots or straight line recoil to a sloped toe. The reason that all stocks are sloped is because that’s how they were always made- no one a hundred years ago used a bag under the butt. It is an anachronism with no real thought behind it.

As for adjusting elevation, it is far better to do that with front rest height, and/or rear bag/rest height. For the rear, a stiff or very full rear bag is not the way for a field bag. You want room for the bag to compress, and for you to be able to squeeze it to adjust for height.

prm

WKR
Is the T3X Superlite the same barrel contour as the Tikka Sporter contour? At least as far as the stock is concerned.

Exactly my concerns, only way to make a wedge work would be right at the toe and not fully supported under the weight of the rifle. Unless I'm missing something too
Maybe UM is working on a bag with the technology of the old tongue pump basketball shoes in the 90’s…