RokStok

Tcmo-33

FNG
Hey Rokslide,

Quick update on the Rokstok, we have approved the engineering drawing and it is now being 3D printed by the wonderful Jessica @Stockys . We hope to have it in our hands this weekend for testing that may or may not involve shooting........we will see.

If there were to be any shootability issues during testing they will be corrected before production, @Formidilosus and @Ryan Avery will make sure of it. Those of you that are worried about the radically negative comb can be assured it will be tested to its limits before we proceed.

Our goal here was to produce the most shootable, affordable stock on the market without regards to norms or previously held beliefs of what a stock should look like.

If the 3D print doesn't need much correction, we will proceed to production quickly and possibly have first stocks by end of year. We will keep you guys updated here of course.

Here is a pic of the new boxes below that just came in and a little more teaser of the drawing.

If testing goes great we will start the pre sale here on this thread very soon.

50 Green carbon camo and 50 gold carbon camo will be available first come, first served as limited edition colors that won't be made again. The color is very Rokslide Green and Gold just like the box. The color is interwoven with black in the carbon fiber and then it looks like patchwork pieces of carbon that give it a camo look.

Stocks will be sold and distributed through Unknown Munitions

View attachment 634122

Just wondering if the “patchwork pieces” are going to look more like a proof research barrel than a traditional carbon fiber weave… or will it be both? Thanks a ton for doing this. Nice to see usability and function take priority over looks and fancy features that don’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BULLBLASTER

Lil-Rokslider
It’ll be the longest one that is offered for you. And the pad being above your shoulder, is exactly why this stock is designed the way it is.
Wouldnt that be the opposite of what he needs? If he is holding the butt pad high on his shoulder, and then the butt pad is moved up it effectively lowers the scope? Or moves the pad higher on/above his shoulder?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Wouldnt that be the opposite of what he needs? If he is holding the butt pad high on his shoulder, and then the butt pad is moved up it effectively lowers the scope? Or moves the pad higher on/above his shoulder?

It’s a comb height/scope height issue more than a recoil pad issue. He will probably need to “crawl” slightly with any stock unless he goes to high rings.

With this stock you won’t be able to see through the scope unless you get your face down.

Last edited:

BULLBLASTER

Lil-Rokslider
Thats what i was thinking. A guy could simulate it by shouldering a rifle normally and then lowering rear 1.5-2 inches and then trying to see through the scope correct? Though you wouldnt feel the comb on your cheek.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Thats what i was thinking. A guy could simulate it by shouldering a rifle normally and then lowering rear 1.5-2 inches and then trying to see through the scope correct? Though you wouldnt feel the comb on your cheek.

The cheek piece/height really will change how it feels.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
That's great! I was just being a PITA, I didn't really expect an offering over 13.5". I would suggest making 14" your longest offering. People can add spacers to get to 14.5" or whatever they need. I'm guessing you'd sell a lot of 14" stocks but very few 14.5" stocks.
Agree I'm a lanky 6'2" with ape arms and usually end up somewhere around 14-14.5"

Although I am having a hard time warming up to the look, I think you are on to something. My cardboard and tape mock up feels really good, both prone and offhand. Cleaning a rifle is overrated anyway.

View attachment 634329
View attachment 634328
I mocked up a similar thing some time ago using a Bradley adjustable cheek piece. It felt solid from an anchor point and eye placement perspective

CorbLand

WKR
We are finalizing the Cerakote base pattern that will be included in the price in a number of color combos. You could also upgrade to any Cerakote pattern you'd like.

The stocks will come on bare matte carbon so we will utilize the carbon on the included base pattern.

If any of you have great ideas for the standard stock pattern please chime in.
Preorder stocks should have the “Form Approved” stamp painted on them.

TheCougar

WKR
I hope I can get one of the green ones.
@Formidilosus is there a rough approximation of the LOP one should order? For example: 5’ 10” to 6’ 1” should order this LOP, etc? It’s typically better to err on the short LOP rather than long, correct? Also, since I have kids and I may get a shorter LOP for them, can you confirm there will be a way to stack spacers to get a longer LOP later?