RokStok

this whole thing has my brain panicking on what to do moving forward. I went back to one hunting gun partially due to this forum so I could increase practice and round count on the gun. But it has a 37 ounce eh1 with a 19 ounce can on the end.

So now if I swap it for a stock that weighs 10-12 ounces less the balance is gonna be awful.

So do I also buy a new can? Or try to find a superlite barrel and not have a can (dislike)?or build an entire seperate rifle setup and ditch the one gun thing?

Lol I finally had settled into not blowing money on gun shit and putting every dime into ammo for practice and now I’m right back in it!

The answer is always yes. Lol

I am ditching my hybrid for the new scythe ti because of the exact reason you mentioned. She heavy.
My short list is scythe, tbac 7, enticer s ti

Problem with this plan is now this stock is costing me close to a thousand dollars of practice ammo for the change

Sevens

WKR
this whole thing has my brain panicking on what to do moving forward. I went back to one hunting gun partially due to this forum so I could increase practice and round count on the gun. But it has a 37 ounce eh1 with a 19 ounce can on the end.

So now if I swap it for a stock that weighs 10-12 ounces less the balance is gonna be awful.

So do I also buy a new can? Or try to find a superlite barrel and not have a can (dislike)?or build an entire seperate rifle setup and ditch the one gun thing?

Lol I finally had settled into not blowing money on gun shit and putting every dime into ammo for practice and now I’m right back in it!
I would consider it upgrading your gear to take advantage of gained skills through your hard work and dedication to practice.

More guns is never a bad thing!

Caddyshack Waiting - Imgflip

amassi

WKR
I know, I know. Guess I’m not a true believer! (Actually just not a fan of DBM for hunting, team BDL for me.)

Actually brings up a question, for us 700 clone users, will there be an option for BDL bottom metal inlet?

Doubtful
Often brought up on the podcast but they certainly seem to prefer m5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved

New can, also send the barrel off and have it fluted. It is only money, you can't take it with you, and a few months of going hungry builds character.

fwafwow

WKR
New can, also send the barrel off and have it fluted. It is only money, you can't take it with you, and a few months of going hungry builds character.
You guys suck. Now I’m thinking my TBAC Ultra 9 is long and heavy… Do I need to get another? And spend lots of time figuring out options that are shorter and lighter but still as quiet, and fits on the TBAC CB muzzle device? SMH.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
You guys suck. Now I’m thinking my TBAC Ultra 9 is long and heavy… Do I need to get another? And spend lots of time figuring out options that are shorter and lighter but still as quiet, and fits on the TBAC CB muzzle device? SMH.
Of course you need another. Get an AB Raptor, you can make it fit the TBAC muzzle device because the base end can be converted to 1.375x24 TPI, then get this. https://energeticarms.com/tb-compatible-mount/

Of course there are other options, but as the Raptor is what I have in jail, it must be the best. :cool:

I’m just tired of constantly changing everything and spending money on gun shit

Seems like this is the avenue though. Not sure I’m gonna waste time sending a 16” tikka lite barrel to get an ounce fluted off. Not a lot of meat left already

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I’m just tired of constantly changing everything and spending money on gun shit

Seems like this is the avenue though. Not sure I’m gonna waste time sending a 16” tikka lite barrel to get an ounce fluted off. Not a lot of meat left already
Agree, both on being tired of spending money, and on the fluting.

LRI's calculator says flutes will take 3-4 ounces off of a 16 inch T3x Lite barrel. I'm going to send it to them to cut and thread and I'm debating on spending the extra money to have them flute it, but would not even consider it if not already having them do work on it, so it is either do it now, or never.

But, if spending someone else's money, absolutely you should do it. :whistle:

fwafwow

WKR
Of course you need another. Get an AB Raptor, you can make it fit the TBAC muzzle device because the base end can be converted to 1.375x24 TPI, then get this. https://energeticarms.com/tb-compatible-mount/

Of course there are other options, but as the Raptor is what I have in jail, it must be the best. :cool:
I’m sure it is the best! But I’m drawing the line (very arbitrarily) at adding any devices to make a different brand can work. Hopefully that doesn’t limit me, but if so, I’m expecting the shorter TBACs are pretty good, especially since my Ultra 9 is “Gen 1”.