RokStok

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
Just posting as a reminder to myself. Pre-order a lefty. Pretty happy with the vg2 stock but this one sounds legit.

Dobermann

WKR
Don’t T1x use the same footprint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Having compared a factory Tikka T3X and T1X stock, the bottom 'metal' footprint was the same, but there was some kind of additional curved channel piece in the fore-end of the T1X stock. T3X barrelled action still seemed to fit okay.

But some other aftermarket stocks don't work for both actions - not sure why, but would be good to either know definitively one way or the oter for the Rokstock, or have a T1X model if needed.

Dobermann

WKR
In a composite stock, the only difference between the two is that the bolt release is farther forward on the T1x. If not cut for it, it’s a pretty quick job with some files and sandpaper, or a dremel and a very steady hand.

^ that piece not needed.
Good to know - I hadn't seen that, as I'd swapped both factory stocks out anyway, and was milling out both for LH bolt and release.

Dobermann

WKR
Factory the cut goes down pretty far and both will fit. On aftermarket stocks they usually need to be trimmed forward.
That explains why I hadn't noticed it on the factory stocks. For a minute there, I was worried I was giving bad advice above - thanks! :)

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t measured or tried to interchange them. The KRG Bravo has models for each so I did a bit of assuming there were different. Probably for magazine fitting.

Having compared a factory Tikka T3X and T1X stock, the bottom 'metal' footprint was the same, but there was some kind of additional curved channel piece in the fore-end of the T1X stock. T3X barrelled action still seemed to fit okay.

But some other aftermarket stocks don't work for both actions - not sure why, but would be good to either know definitively one way or the oter for the Rokstock, or have a T1X model if needed.

Thanks for the clarification!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
I haven’t measured or tried to interchange them. The KRG Bravo has models for each so I did a bit of assuming there were different.
The bravo is a different animal with the built in mag well. The T1x trigger guard lacks any hardware and leaves room the the factory T1x (which is connected to the action) mag well. It also might have an additional spot for the bolt pin but I’d guess krg would make a single backbone that would work with both, can’t remember without pulling my barreled action.

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
The bravo is a different animal with the built in mag well. The T1x trigger guard lacks any hardware and leaves room the the factory T1x (which is connected to the action) mag well. It also might have an additional spot for the bolt pin but I’d guess krg would make a single backbone that would work with both, can’t remember without pulling my barreled action.
That’s a good point!