RokStok

@Ryan Avery , @Formidilosus & @Unknown Munitions

I know it's a bit of an ask, sorry for the imposition, but while you have everything there is there any chance you could show a comparison between the 'Low' & 'Medium' rings, mounted to the rifle with a SWFA 44mm scope please?

I think a few folks are a little concerned/worried about that particular aspect of the negative comb

Thanks.

What do you mean by this? Folks are concerned about their existing rings being the wrong height?

False_Cast

Lil-Rokslider
The old ring clearance side photo was/is to tell guys whether or not their leupold’s objective bell cleared their barrel shank. I suppose largely irrelevant for enlightened purposes and what we should be concerned with: proper cheekweld. Didn’t matter on older designed stocks where you were lifting your head and getting popped in the face regardless of ring height based on antiquated “the way we always did it” design.

twall13

WKR
I got to see the RokStok in person at the Expo today. I like the looks of the stock in person better than what I've seen in photos. Not that looks are the reason to consider this stock, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. I'm not quite ready for my next rifle, but hopefully later this year. When the time comes, I definitely plan on a RokStok. In the meantime, I'm excited to hear about all you guys on the preorder reporting back on how well they work.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Fingered the one at the Stone Glacier booth. Feels great and shouldered really well. Not sure what size of rings were on that one but whatever they are were perfect for me.

Mediums

9f13b9f208090d9aa94d21b2bad9a44b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fingered the one at the Stone Glacier booth. Feels great and shouldered really well. Not sure what size of rings were on that one but whatever they are were perfect for me.
Not regarding to the stock but do want to meet Ryan and many others in the rokslide group. Any way maybe next year to have a hunt expo meet up. Ofcourse I cancelled rooms already this year.

Got to fondle the Rokstock at the Expo today (depends who is at the SG Booth) they may, or may not let you touch the rifle make sure to ask first, ergonomics seemed very nice in the short time I got to shoulder it and take a peak through the scope. Definately a nice stock, paired with the Tikka it was very nice and was very lightweight.

CorbLand

WKR
Not regarding to the stock but do want to meet Ryan and many others in the rokslide group. Any way maybe next year to have a hunt expo meet up. Ofcourse I cancelled rooms already this year.
It gets talked about every year but hasnt ever happened. Most of the Rokslide staff have basically said that they are too busy to organize/attended something. My guess would be that they get enough of their fill baby sitting us here.

ElPollo

WKR
I think the RokStok for the Howa mini in 22 or 6 mm arc would be a super cool idea if UM could produce a mini action that plugged the holes that let crap into the safety, bolt release, and bolt, smooth the bolt throw, and develop a detachable mag that feeds better. I’d seriously consider a custom rifle for something like that. Always thought a mini action ultralight Tikka was the holy grail, but hell will likely freeze over before we see one of those.

I think the RokStok for the Howa mini in 22 or 6 mm arc would be a super cool idea if UM could produce a mini action that plugged the holes that let crap into the safety, bolt release, and bolt, smooth the bolt throw, and develop a detachable mag that feeds better. I’d seriously consider a custom rifle for something like that. Always thought a mini action ultralight Tikka was the holy grail, but hell will likely freeze over before we see one of those.
I think UM needs to produce a tikka bolt for the Grendel/arc with matching bolt stop and mag while they’re at it..

skierjt

FNG
Probably worthy of another thread but there seems to be a lot of attention here - Does anyone have any info this new GW chassis or the Alterra X stock? Curious if I should hold out for something new or just order a second Rokstok..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-02-17 at 8.29.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-17 at 8.29.49 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 266
Probably worthy of another thread but there seems to be a lot of attention here - Does anyone have any info this new GW chassis or the Alterra X stock? Curious if I should hold out for something new or just order a second Rokstok..
For Alterra… they said they were planning inlets for their rifles only (I asked them on IG when they announced it). If you have one of their rifles (I don’t know if they use a 700 footprint or not) it might be worth a look. GW has never shown interest in inlets for anything other than 700s.

I don’t know the prices on those two either. But the Rokstok seems to hit a great spot price wise… and they’re planning inlets for Tikka and 700, plus I think others as there is demand. Plus UM and Stockys seem to be actively listening and fast to respond to the things Rokslide type guys (western hunters) want.

I’m sure these design concepts will continue to catch on with other manufacturers. That said, that alterra looked chunky AF for a hunting stock and the fore end on that gunwerks looks like a lousy idea. I think gunwerks has some of the best product ideas in the industry but it seems they’ve let some turds out recently with the bipod failing at high rates and the nexus having a safety that barely functions.

skierjt

FNG
For Alterra… they said they were planning inlets for their rifles only (I asked them on IG when they announced it). If you have one of their rifles (I don’t know if they use a 700 footprint or not) it might be worth a look. GW has never shown interest in inlets for anything other than 700s.

I don’t know the prices on those two either. But the Rokstok seems to hit a great spot price wise… and they’re planning inlets for Tikka and 700, plus I think others as there is demand. Plus UM and Stockys seem to be actively listening and fast to respond to the things Rokslide type guys (western hunters) want.
I've got a Rokstok ordered for a Tikka, but have an Anti-x on the way that will need a stock too.

I’m sure these design concepts will continue to catch on with other manufacturers. That said, that alterra looked chunky AF for a hunting stock and the fore end on that gunwerks looks like a lousy idea. I think gunwerks has some of the best product ideas in the industry but it seems they’ve let some turds out recently with the bipod failing at high rates and the nexus having a safety that barely functions.
Yea the fore end looks pretty minimal and the stock looks like a snag hazard. I'd like to get a hold of a GW Magnus but their website is claiming no component stocks at the moment and they ghosted me on the phone.