Rokslide Welcomes Kryptek Clothing!

Daniel, they will get back to you, the don't have a huge staff... And with all the shows in the last month and a half thy have been on the road and now out of town for Chris Kyles memorial... It's a real busy time of year for them, I'm sure you will here from Butch or Josh soon!

MattB

WKR
The show season can be a tough time to communicate with small companies. I can't speak for Krytek, but I know that some of the hunting companies whose products I use only have 4-5 employees, all of whom may be travelling this time of year. I used to imagine that these companies must have 10-20 employees and really question the slow response times, but the more I have learned the better I understand the challenges.

dotman

WKR
Well the pants are here, first impression is that the material is a little bit louder then the kuiu attack pants but not bad at all and not enough to scare me off. Since i picked them up over lunch I could only put them on really quick, after all the skinny guy jeans comments I was fully expecting to walk them right back in and return them.

Sad to say I must have girl legs or something. In most pants I buy a 36 because a 34 the thigh seems to get tight but my waist is usually a 34 or 35. With the Kuiu attack I have previously bought the 36 waist and found it to be just perfect but no way could I get in a 34 kuiu.

Well I was very surprised to find that these pants not only fit perfect as a size 36 but the waist was a little big which I prefer since I usually wear a belt anyway. Standing the thighs didn't feel tight and the pants are not snug on my legs like skinny jeans would be. When I bent my leg I did feel more of a resistence or tightening on the bottom of the thigh but it in no way was bad. Also a few has stated that their junk was tight, I found the crotch to fit exactly like my kuiu attacks in this quick inital fitting.

So in the end I wish I would have ordered a second pair. On a sad note I guess I found out I should be wearing skinny jeans and well I must not be packing the big guns. I'm 5'11 and 200lbs and had zero issues with the fit other then yes it isn't as loose as the kuiu fit but not tight at all.

As with the vest the quality looks to be there, i'm overall very happy and impressed, just need to get some time in this stuff now.

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
You should do well with the Kryptek. I have several pieces and am happy with it. Just waiting on a few new releases!!

Thanks, already sold off all of my Kuiu other then 1 pair of attack pants that I'm keeping. I'm also looking fwd to the '13 line up :)

6t4nova

WKR
Thanks, already sold off all of my Kuiu other then 1 pair of attack pants that I'm keeping. I'm also looking fwd to the '13 line up :)

I just did the same, except I sold all my KUIU gear. So far I have picked up the valhalla pullover, sherpa shirt, and cadog jacket. Waiting for the 2013 line up so I can pick up the Boreialis, Alaios pants, Poseidon rain gear, and also the new Kratos Vest.

dotman

WKR
I just did the same, except I sold all my KUIU gear. So far I have picked up the valhalla pullover, sherpa shirt, and cadog jacket. Waiting for the 2013 line up so I can pick up the Boreialis, Alaios pants, Poseidon rain gear, and also the new Kratos Vest.

I have the vidor vest, valhalla pants and the sherpa pullover is on the way. I also want to get the Alaois pants. Think I'll stick with my golite vest and softshell since I hardly use a softshell anyway plus I have a ton of First Lite in black and brown to mix and match with it all.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
On the way back from cat hunting, but will comment when I get back.

Kryptek has several new pieces for 2013 and I will touch on all of them.

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
Dotman,

Thanks for posting initial thoughts on the pants, and how they fit you. I will give some consideration into purchasing another pair. I will probably wait for the 2013 line to come out.

dotman

WKR
Dotman,

Thanks for posting initial thoughts on the pants, and how they fit you. I will give some consideration into purchasing another pair. I will probably wait for the 2013 line to come out.

No problem, enjoy your new pants, should be there tomorrow :)