Rokslide Community "Fat no mo'" 2023

OP
M
Check-in day! 219.0 (womp, womp, womp)

I'm with @Carr5vols, I thought I was golden for this week's weigh-in. Exercise had been good, snacking was down to a near minimum, and food choices were pretty dang solid. Chalk it up to a weird anomaly and keep after things.

Keep up the good work fellas. One day at a time.

Check-in day! 219.0 (womp, womp, womp)

I'm with @Carr5vols, I thought I was golden for this week's weigh-in. Exercise had been good, snacking was down to a near minimum, and food choices were pretty dang solid. Chalk it up to a weird anomaly and keep after things.

Keep up the good work fellas. One day at a time.

297. Got back into it yesterday after missing a bit. Was worried I’d gone back over the 300 mark with the holidays. Was 299. Not much progress but better than I expected..

Started a 3x weekly lifting regiment yesterday and will continue walking/rucking and work into running. Hoping for big progress this next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
Weekly check in. I'm actually up in weight. Was 251 this morning. Was 249 a couple weeks ago. A little frustrating but also, a couple of observations. Still doing an hour of cardio a day and went from 3 lifting sessions to 4 this week. I went completely off the rails with my diet last weekend, which is 100% on me. I went off plan for one meal and that turned into an entire weekend of eating whatever. Not good. I've been nearly perfect this week and I'm focusing on not completely sabotaging myself on the weekends which has always been my Achilles heel when it comes to dieting.

I actually think I might be in that building muscle and losing fat at the same time phase at the moment. I'm definitely noticing some new leanness in my shoulders and neck area and I think my face is slightly slimmer. My clothes are definitely feeling slightly looser, but the scale has actually went up so I think that's what's happening. My daily calorie goal is 2300 which isn't super low, but I'm really trying to do things right and not crash diet like I have in the past.

OP
M
A couple of days out from another check-in. Hope the fat is coming off in moist chunks for yall (10 pts to anyone who gets the movie reference).

Battling a little bit of a cold this week, but it hasn't been too bad. Just backed off of training a tad. I have been tracking most of my calories this week. I am hopeful that will lead to some more positive results. I feel leaner.

okcaveman

FNG
224 this morning. Down from 230 ish a couple weeks ago. Finished mtn tough foundation last week and started into their kb20 program this week. Haven't done any running the last 10 days or so, just to much going on

Carr5vols

WKR
Weekly check in. Scale says 214 today so down 3 in a week. Dont believe last week or beginning week weight now...i had large caloried deficit and worked out hard this week. All i know is feel better,clothes fitting loser, and will keep on the journey..

Mtn_Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
I'm late to the party I guess. Had intentions of getting back on the wagon sooner but later is better than never.

5'8 230
Goal is 185. Gonna be a battle

I hope everyone is staying on track. Halfway point of whole 30 is today. Down 9 lbs (6' 2" - 218) just from eating well.

We will finish our whole 30 mardi gras weekend. I do plan to enjoy a big old pizza and wings and then I plan to hop back into what I'm calling whole 40 for lent. Just going to keep processed sugar and carbs out of the diet but allow other things like dairy.

That should drop my pack weight down 20-25 lbs heading into bear season! Gaining 40 minutes of daylight a week so it's that time of year we start to get much more active, which will be a big help!

Last edited:

Tx_300wsm

FNG
I’m gonna get in on this. 34, 5’9 and 225 on the 1st. Getting married and having two kids while getting a college degree, I packed in quite a bit of weight. My goal is 180lbs. So far I’ve been loosely tracking macros on MyFitnessPal and working out on my days off. Workouts are either Peloton, rowing machine or step-ups on my days off. So far I’m down to 220.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Finished January at 209.8. Had some things come up over the last week and slacked at little bit. 209.2 this morning. Goal for February is 206.

Slowly working my way to 200.

Bendejo

Lil-Rokslider
Fat dude checking in. 44 yo 295 5'9. Getting a hike in tonight, and trying to stay under my cals till Friday. Plantar-F is a bitch when you wanna get miles in the boots

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I'm still hovering around 200, but I'm looking slimmer and gained a bit of muscle. Feeling better for sure, need to get the diet dialed in again cause I've been slipping lately!

Matt G.

WKR
Need to get back at it. Most of last year I was under 205 but now about 212. I am 5'11 and 43 yo. I need to kill my sweet tooth!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
I am 6-1, and was at 174 hunting elk last year, and between work, kids and the hoorays got up to 190 on Jan 1. Back down to 185 as of today, and trying to get back to 175 before end of may with a slow cut so I don’t lose too much muscle.

Carbs and sweets always get me around the holidays, and then there are the poolside beers in the heat of summer I have to fight against.

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
Back on Jan 1, 2022 I was 254 lbs with painful knees. Decided to stop drinking, reduce carbs & dairy, and more fish/chicken. I do a protein shake in the morning with almond milk and some detox herbs. Today I weighed in at 205 lbs. Knees are feeling much better and was able to get off statins. Goal is to get below 200 lbs.

MIbowhunter4954

Lil-Rokslider
Down 15lbs since Jan. Really starting to slip up on my diet in the evening. Stress and fatigue beat out will power lately.