Rokslide Community "Fat no mo'" 2023

Far as strategy, I'm not counting calories or doing a specific diet per say, I'm just making sure I'm at a pretty good deficit daily and avoiding bread/refined sugar. Im also intermittent fasting. I've been running 4-8 miles a day with and without a 20lb vest and doing calisthenics. Just got a gnarly tattoo finished tho so I'm begrudgingly taking it easy for a few days

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
I'm lifting three days a week, doing an hour of cardio five days a week. Working on renovating a house on the weekends so that covers my exercise for the weekends. I've cleaned up my diet considerably, but I still get snacky at night after working all day and going to the gym. If the wife will quit buying ice cream and eating it right next to me, I'd be doing a lot better. lol Weigh ins tomorrow morning. I'm definitely feeling lighter and clothes are a little looser. Will report back.

okcaveman

FNG
I'm in. Been doing the mtn tough foundations. Finishing up week 3 to.orrow, for maybe the 3d time. Really need to get a pull up bar so I can transition into some of their other workouts. Started running this week, trying to eat healthier but not really on a diet per se.
Was down to 215 after a blacktail hunt last fall, back up to 230. I'm 6'2 ish. Want to get down to 200-205 and maintain it

Yoder

WKR
Last year, I lost 30lbs. I've been doing 30 min of cardio and 90 min of weight training around 5 days a week. My biggest problem is my raccoon diet. I have to get that under control. My goal is to lose 25 more this year, which would put me at 160.

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
I did my weekly check in this morning and was actually up about .5 lbs. Not sure what to make of that as I actually feel thinnner than I did a week or so ago, but I wasn't super strict on my diet this week either. It was a little disappointing but also motivating. I'm going to lock up the diet even tighter this week and see how it goes. I may start weighing in daily to get a better measurement of progress.

OP
M
Well, truth time for me. I got up this morning with a lot to do and completely forgot to weigh in. I was almost at the office when I remembered.

I'll get a weight this weekend and post it up.

@Felix1776 I wouldn't stress about it. 1 salty or heavy carb meal can make you fluctuate pretty well. Keep an eye on things and keep at it.

I'm in. I'm 5'8 and currently around 210. I've pretty much weighed the same since I was 16 (28 now) except for 2 years ago I dropped to 185 for an elk hunt. Let myself slip back into old habits and gained it back in a year. Looking to get to 180ish for an October Kodiak hunt.

The key for me last time was repetition and meal prep. Prepping healthy breakfasts for the week on Sundays and packing a max of 3 things for lunch each day. Generally a can of moose, an apple, and bag of carrots/pint of blueberries. Snacking is probably my biggest weakness. Keeping a good supply of healthy snacks around makes it easier.

taskswap

WKR
I'm just under 6' (and shrinking now). Started working out (thanks to my wife) last October, was at 198. Dropped to 182 just before Christmas. Immediately gained back to 190. Too much egg nog I guess.

New goal is 180. I'm trying to make this sustainable, a lifelong goal, not something I bounce around with. I'm not going the rest of my life without being able to enjoy a beer or some wings. So I've been focusing on incremental changes. I cut out hard alcohol, then switched to Coors Lite, then went from 16's to 12's, etc. Baby steps but it all adds up.

Elkhntr08

WKR
I’m in, need to be held accountable.
I’m 61, 6’ tall and weighed in this morning at 229.8. Wanting to be at 200 or less.
So far, this year stinks. Was on a 10 day cruise on 1/1. Came home and tested positive for Covid. Too many chips and TV the past couple weeks.
Coming out of retirement the end of the month, so hopefully that’ll keep me off my butt.

Carr5vols

WKR
Weekly check in. Scale says up 4 lbs to 217.3 so not sure??? i was over 700 caloried a day deficit and worked out hard friday night, saturday, mon. Tue. Wed. Night. No way to add 4 lbs of muscle in week so maybe its water. Been drinking a lot. Either way going to keep my commitment to the end goal.