Rokslide Classifieds Access

OP
SamSlaysCritters
I got access awhile ago. I appreciate all the support but at this point this forum is just reassuring why I love BSing with other hunters haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThorM465

WKR
Classified Approved
They should charge for the classifieds.

A lot of folks come here just for that.
They do, they charge the advertisers. The fee charged to the advertisers is based on both quality of content of the site and traffic/clicks. Go click on the what's new button and it's very clear that traffic count on this site is mostly the classifieds section. The forum for the high quality content doesn't exist without the traffic driven by the classifieds section.

That being said I think the rules that force you to either participate or pay to get access did a great job of striking a balance to protect the quality of content. I would be in favor of increasing the minimum post to 50 to get access or $2 per post needed to get access.
If you're brand new and want instant access, $100. If you're at 30 posts and want access now, $40.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
They do, they charge the advertisers. The fee charged to the advertisers is based on both quality of content of the site and traffic/clicks. Go click on the what's new button and it's very clear that traffic count on this site is mostly the classifieds section. The forum for the high quality content doesn't exist without the traffic driven by the classifieds section.

That being said I think the rules that force you to either participate or pay to get access did a great job of striking a balance to protect the quality of content. I would be in favor of increasing the minimum post to 50 to get access or $2 per post needed to get access.
If you're brand new and want instant access, $100. If you're at 30 posts and want access now, $40.
Not entirely true- there have been talks at length about elimination of the classifieds and all the head aches they bring.

At the end of the day the classifieds are a service that a portion of Rokslide members use and appreciate. Buying and trying new gear benefits from an avenue allowing the sell of old gear. As such the administration would like to continue to support classifieds section, but the allocation of time and resources dealing to with classifieds drama makes the future of classifieds an uncertainty.

Just my personal opinion but in the future the juice won't be worth the squeeze and one day we won't see classifieds section any longer.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

ThorM465

WKR
Classified Approved
Not entirely true- there have been talks at length about elimination of the classifieds and all the head aches they bring.

At the end of the day the classifieds are a service that a portion of Rokslide members use and appreciate. Buying and trying new gear benefits from an avenue allowing the sell of old gear. As such the administration would like to continue to support classifieds section, but the allocation of time and resources dealing to with classifieds drama makes the future of classifieds an uncertainty.

Just my personal opinion but in the future the juice won't be worth the squeeze and one day we won't see classifieds section any longer.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

God Bless y'all for dealing with the drama of the classified section. Lord knows I don't have the patience.

I disagree with what was said here to include the sentiment. There's a direct correlation to the health of a forum and its classifieds section. Every forum's staff/moderators like to believe that its their wisdom, intellect, and sparkling personalities that are responsible for the success of the forum. While it is critical to long term success its not the primary driver of traffic.