Rogan/Hanes launch “elk blood” energy drink….

intunegp

WKR
89eaci.jpg

A classic, brilliant hunting forum response.

It’s always the folks that don’t understand crap from apple butter when it comes to economics that say trite BS like this.
Been hunting for 30 yrs in various states. East and west.

I buy what I want, and don’t buy things I don’t want. Don’t care what others buy or don’t buy. I kill what I want to kill and dont care what others kill.

My point is that I think it’s funny that yall get all upset over a product that will attribute to the death of ZERO animals.

But a new innovative bow, lightweight rifle or fad cartridge comes out and that’s fine. Even though that will kill way more animals than this stupid drink.

Last edited:

Flyjunky

WKR
Yep and many on here do it,they just don’t have the platform as big,I bet they wish they did and I enjoy them all.
I got an idea,how about rogan change his tune and start bashing hunters,guns and the freedoms we all enjoy.Start getting left wing maggots on his podcast that want to tear us down.
Do you hate dudley cause he drives tac attendance up?
Hate jacko cause he tells you to get up?
Who do you like,or listen to or get inspiration from?
I said that on a thread a while back. I’d rather have Rogan pro-gun and hunting than the other way around.

amassi

WKR
I see where you're coming from and respectfully disagree.

Joe and Cam deserve all the criticism here and then some. Telling 20 million listeners they need to go eat elk meat doesn't help hunting. Maybe it makes it more mainstream? Probably. But in practice it does nothing but limit opportunity across the board.

Supporting venison and elk farms and downplaying their role in CWD is also problematic.
Joe says repeatedly he doesn’t think CWD is an issue and that it may even be a conspiracy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I wish Rogan had gone the vegan route way back when.....love the guy for everything he talks about and does other than hunting, hes not a hunter. Oh well cant agree with 100% with any single person. Been listening to him since podcast number 20 something back in 2009 or 10? dont remember. Its insane how big he is now.

The elk blood energy drink is just plain gay. Def Cams idea, the guy did take a selfie wearing a solid white jumper while reading his book in front of a book case.

Stop hammering, hunt quietly.

Valid point. If nobody pays attention shit like this will start to go away.

The alternative is that we need to start exposing these guys that are monetizing hunting which ultimately leads to less opportunity and in many cases (not this one) puts hunters in a negative light (Bomar).

I’m not sure which one is the right answer. I think the rokslide gang is MUCH more enlightened than your typical YouTube watcher. Go on a Muley freak video and read the commenters drooling over him. It’s gross.

I don't at all lump Cam/Rogan with the likes of the ones we can't talk about.

Cam/Rogan seem to hunt legally for one.

However, I just find the name of this new drink to be cringe worthy.

I think they both got to where they are through hard work and dedication, just have kinda lost touch to some extent.

HaydenB

Lil-Rokslider
A drink created by a rich drug addict whose barely hunted and a narcissistic self absorbed old guy jabbing testosterone in his glutes so he can keep up with all the 25 yo flat bills.

No thanks
This is an amazing assessment of the situation haha

Swamp Fox

WKR
I see where you're coming from and respectfully disagree.

Joe and Cam deserve all the criticism here and then some. Telling 20 million listeners they need to go eat elk meat doesn't help hunting. Maybe it makes it more mainstream? Probably. But in practice it does nothing but limit opportunity across the board.
Seems like the problem is the 20 million listeners ...

Bastards!

Otherwise, talking about something you're interested in would be non-controversial.

I've long said we don't need more hunters... We need better hunters.

But veterans complaining that "fresh meat" is ruining hunting has always seemed "problematic" to me.

It will work itself out.

I got into archery because I listened to Rogan, Hanes, Dudley, Greentree, Warren, etc. talk about their hunting experiences. I used to rifle hunt before becoming a Marine. After I got out, I lost the taste for hunting, at least with a rifle.

It wasn’t until I heard the first podcast with John Dudley and Rogan that I felt the urge to go hunting again. Archery hunting specifically. I disagree with Joe Rogan on countless subjects but in my case, Rogan and his guests helped me rediscover the joy I felt as a young kid hunting animals for food and sport.

A huge number of posters on this forum have helped me just as much, if not more than these famous “influencers.” There are even a few of you on here with just as big egos and “personality” as Rogan and Hanes. I’m not going to skyline anyone, just clarifying my own experience.

I can’t fault any of the hunting influencers for wanting to hunt on private land. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I know if I had the chance (I hope one day I do) I would hunt on private land as much as possible.

Having listened to Rogan and Hanes as much as I have, disagreeing with some statements, and agreeing with others. I get the sense that “Elk Blood” was a venture between two friends who thought it would be a hoot to do together. I can’t imagine making money was the end goal, nor was it about bringing awareness to people about hunting. But to say these guys are not good for the sport of archery hunting or the sport would be better off without them is obtuse.

With all that said, in all seriousness, and by all means; let’s have fun at their expense! Just don’t forget that those influencers have encouraged this hunter, just as much as you yourselves have encouraged me with your hunting stories, pictures, knowledge, and opinions.

I’ve been a lurker on this forum for five years, today was the first time I felt the need to register, begin posting, risk giving an opinion, and start asking questions. Not sure if this was the best thread to start throwing around my opinions though, lol.

I think they both got to where they are through hard work and dedication, just have kinda lost touch to some extent.
Try and keep up with either one of them,hard work is definitely an understatement in there life.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I got into archery because I listened to Rogan, Hanes, Dudley, Greentree, Warren, etc. talk about their hunting experiences. I used to rifle hunt before becoming a Marine. After I got out, I lost the taste for hunting, at least with a rifle.

It wasn’t until I heard the first podcast with John Dudley and Rogan that I felt the urge to go hunting again. Archery hunting specifically. I disagree with Joe Rogan on countless subjects but in my case, Rogan and his guests helped me rediscover the joy I felt as a young kid hunting animals for food and sport.

A huge number of posters on this forum have helped me just as much, if not more than these famous “influencers.” There are even a few of you on here with just as big egos and “personality” as Rogan and Hanes. I’m not going to skyline anyone, just clarifying my own experience.

I can’t fault any of the hunting influencers for wanting to hunt on private land. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I know if I had the chance (I hope one day I do) I would hunt on private land as much as possible.

Having listened to Rogan and Hanes as much as I have, disagreeing with some statements, and agreeing with others. I get the sense that “Elk Blood” was a venture between two friends who thought it would be a hoot to do together. I can’t imagine making money was the end goal, nor was it about bringing awareness to people about hunting. But to say these guys are not good for the sport of archery hunting or the sport would be better off without them is obtuse.

With all that said, in all seriousness, and by all means; let’s have fun at their expense! Just don’t forget that those influencers have encouraged this hunter, just as much as you yourselves have encouraged me with your hunting stories, pictures, knowledge, and opinions.

I’ve been a lurker on this forum for five years, today was the first time I felt the need to register, begin posting, risk giving an opinion, and start asking questions. Not sure if this was the best thread to start throwing around my opinions though, lol.
Glad you stepped from the shadows, best thing is you have a voice now, good for you for re finding an interest. Just remember though, peak predators don’t have to exclusively hunt private land

Wait, it's the name everybody has a problem with? Lol man I dunno if I care that much. I think it's a gimmicky weird attempt at marketing to us but Elk Blood isn't the worst name for a drink. Then again I am becoming a fan of 6.5 CM and word is I'll have to start wearing a flat billed hat if I keep shooting them so maybe my perception is skewed.