Rogan/Hanes launch “elk blood” energy drink….

Dirtbag

WKR
I really like Rogan in a lot of ways and I read some of Hanes early writing material. I believe them to be a positive in the general populations perception of hunting.

With that said, It is short sighted to think that its all positive. To commercialize something like hunting to the extent that the industry has, is a little unsettling and it has negatively effected the everyday public land hunter. Then to have them talk down to them while they take sponsorship money to buy a $20k ranch bull doesn't sit well either. "The I got mine so screw Them" attitude isn't exactly conservation friendly of our passion.

There can be a balance.

Cant make everyone happy,look at the number of guys on this fourm who have podcast,YouTube etc making money off the industry.They only wish they would get invited on rogans show.
How many of you make well over six figures go to a ranch or pay big money for your hunts to mount your heads and play hardcore hunter.
Come on guys.

A drink created by a rich drug addict whose barely hunted and a narcissistic self absorbed old guy jabbing testosterone in his glutes so he can keep up with all the 25 yo flat bills.

No thanks
Succinctly and accurately stated. I look at these tool bags in contrast to hunting “personalities” of yore and can’t help but feel disgusted when I consider that virtually no one knows who they were.

Jack Whitney had more woodsmanship in his pinky finger than these clowns combined. I bet almost no one here knows anything about him.

If Rogan was using his personal wealth and time to go hell-bent on conservation, I could bite my tongue. But his efforts are paltry. Same with Cam. Narcissistic blowhards.

Cant make everyone happy,look at the number of guys on this fourm who have podcast,YouTube etc making money off the industry.They only wish they would get invited on rogans show.
How many of you make well over six figures go to a ranch or pay big money for your hunts to mount your heads and play hardcore hunter.
Come on guys.

On the Meateater podcast, Rogan said he hunts private land because he “wants to hunt animals who behave in their natural state.” As if their natural state is a manicured landscape devoid of other human hunters and other predators chasing them.

I just wished he would be honest about it.

On the Meateater podcast, Rogan said he hunts private land because he “wants to hunt animals who behave in their natural state.” As if their natural state is a manicured landscape devoid of other human hunters and other predators chasing them.

I just wished he would be honest about it.
I dunno, I've said the same thing after hunting CO leftover tags for years. The elk we see are scared to death and running for their lives usually (not always) and it'd be nice to hunt elk that behave like elk. If I had unlimited money I'd still DIY but I'd be looking for a place to hunt where the animals had a more natural presentation and my hunt plans were their behavior as opposed to hunting escape routes and funnels and planning for where pressure is coming from.

I'm always amazed how much hunters hate each other and tear each other down. They made a hunting themed drink and everyone craps on it. Meanwhile you're all drinking Red bull that costs $5/can and is probably woke AF. I'll admit Rogan is a little delusional about his hunting skills. He thinks he's a good hunter but doesn't know anything about finding the animals but Cam is legit whether you hate him or not.

So many of you complain about the private land hunts they do because they have a ton of money. YOU have a lot of money compared to a lot of other people who only dream of hunting but can't. I love both of those guys. Both started with nothing and earned everything they have and are a positive voice for things that I love.
I think a lot of these guys are just having fun with it, it's an easy target. I don't follow Rogan or Hanes aside from seeing a few instagram clips here and there that other people post but I'm not gonna hold their lifestyles against them and if they want to make an energy drink to sell to flatbills so be it. If it were $3 and sold at a local store I'd buy one to try out. I'm still more of a coffee guy by preference, but I am addicted to caffeine so the canned stimulants are useful if I'm on the run somewhere and coffee becomes inconvenient.

intunegp

WKR
89df02.jpg

Flyjunky

WKR
I said it another thread and I’ll say it again, somebody said modern day market hunters. Yep. Going to do the same thing to the sport too.

Damn right there’s negativity and we need a lot more of it. Trash em, bash em, and run em out of town. You want it to be around for your kids and their kids, right? Stop exploiting it.
You think this is what’s going to bring down hunting? I’m a little more concerned about the anti-hunting crowd, ballot box biology, etc.

Flyjunky

WKR
Unfortunately the answer is yes to all. I wish it came down to 1 target but right now we’re getting it from all sides, even from the inside!
I’d agree but like was stated somewhere above, this was released back in June. Kind of funny to me that it’s now a big deal.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I’d agree but like was stated somewhere above, this was released back in June. Kind of funny to me that it’s now a big deal.
If nobody knows about something, how can it be a big deal? Would the bud light controversy been a big deal if nobody saw it? The Seek deal was posted on instagram for months (years?) before it hit RS and people lost their minds.