Rinella’s’22 Idaho Buck

hobbes

WKR
If you recognize the peak, why would you rattle on and on about it. I understand being pissed about it but it seems like you're drawing even more attention to it. I didn't even notice it in the background until I read the posts pointing it out. I still have no clue where it is but I'm not in that state.

I've seen a couple YouTubers give way too much detail on videos in Montana. From BMA numbers while signing in to too much description of how they got to a place to hunt. Out of state guys may not have recognized where, but anyone familiar with the region would know.

I once watched a video where a guy posted his screen from OnX on an antelope hunt. I kinda thought it might’ve been in a unit I happened to have a tag for so I pulled up the coordinates and sure enough it was the exact spot I had pretty much dropped a pin as my number 1 hunting spot. Just confirmed for me that I was on the right track anyway. We ended up killing our bucks in the same general area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess as far as the chasing dead deer go, I partially agree. The Rogan podcast was background noise last night as I was doing other stuff, but I believe he went on and on about how they left a good amount of other great deer in there and his buddies had found a pile of others. I had a sheep spot blow up after two big YouTube guys went in there and put out videos a few years ago. Both videos they talked about how many other legal rams they saw and had plenty of footage of legal rams and a bunch of very close sublegal. Both put out podcasts bragging about how many legal sheep they saw. So in an example like that, people aren't chasing dead rams; they're going after all the live ones that are evidently still out there. So it's one thing to chase a dead animal seen in a social media post, it's another when there's a guy going on and on about all the animals seen and left on the mountain.
Social media and its consequences have proven not only disastrous for hunting, but for society as a whole.

littlebigtine

Lil-Rokslider
jury
Social media and its consequences have proven not only disastrous for hunting, but for society as a whole.
jury is still out on that. hunting may be getting more recruitment via social media platforms. recruitment will be a vital 1st step in protecting our lands and rights as hunters. but yeah, it does seem to be dangerously good at shifting the focus towards a more superficial ethos. but even with all the grip and grins, that i admittedly love to look at every year, i still am quick to remember come every hunting season that the reason i enjoy it is purely for the adventure. oh man gets me going just thinking about it. is it july yet?

Which means you probably already know it's quality and maybe put in for it. If you aren't familiar with it how would you recognize it in order to put in for it?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly. If you recognize the peak isnt that because you have already been there? Some guy that has never been there isnt going to recognize it and put in for that draw unit.

elkman224

Lil-Rokslider
It takes a lot of luck, ask me, to get a nice critter unless you have someone scouting for you prior to your arrival. I hunted a second choice unit this year that was completely sold out and had all the hunters stuck in a mini portion of the unit due to snow and still got completely lucky and killed a 180+buck. You just have to be in an area with potential and have the stars align for you.

ColoradoV

WKR
Unless I am missing something buck is just ok nothing to get too fired up about.. Looks like a above average buck w not much mass….

A trophy is different to everyone congratulations to the hunter I am sure he worked hard = but yea to post a pic of a noticeable landmark is well a move for reserved for “socialmediaites” for sure…

Not that hard to take the pic by a bush or tree. Or pick one you did take w no background. 👍🤦🏼‍♂️🌮. To me it looks like the hunter got what he wanted…

I understand the concern, there has been an episode of the Meateater which showed a very prominent and easily recognizable mountain where I hunt every year. It's an OTC unit in Colorado so was already busy as heck before that.

huntnful

WKR
Hell I found a 193" in an OTC unit. Hopefully @WeiserBucks doesn't recognize that burnt tree too lol. Guy spends too much time in the mountains! :ROFLMAO:

But I know he's not 193" either lol. 2 miles away with 10" G3's and G4's. Solid buck none the less! I went to try and kill him, only to get over there to realize he was living in an un glassable basin I couldn't see from my initial vantage :cry:

IMG_4365.png

Hell I found a 193" in an OTC unit. Hopefully @WeiserBucks doesn't recognize that burnt tree too lol. Guy spends too much time in the mountains! :ROFLMAO:

But I know he's not 193" either lol. 2 miles away with 10" G3's and G4's. Solid buck none the less! I went to try and kill him, only to get over there to realize he was living in an un glassable basin I couldn't see from my initial vantage :cry:

View attachment 492431
See those two big trees that form a V above the buck? Dead giveaway, your spot is burned and I don't mean by a forest fire!