Rifle suggestion

OP
S

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t count out the 270 vs the prc. 145 vs 143 going the same velocity and you can swap it for the 280ai down the road if you are so inclined (I have all 3 calibers and prefer my prc). I concur with selling the brass. Don’t let it hold you back from doing what you truly want.
What i really wanted was an APR Maverick in 7saum but too much shit as they say happened and financially right now i can't do it especially with their price increase and i want to get in the woods next season so i have to pivot.

Taudisio

WKR
Buy a ruger American in 6.5 creedmoor for $400. Put a scope of your choosing on it. Hunt with it until you save enough for your APR. If you can afford the scope you want on the apr then put it on the American. When you get the one you want, sell the American and swap the scope over. You’ll be out $100 at the end of it for the new vs used price of the American. The American is an inexpensive and unrefined tool and tool alone. No need for getting a tikka as a placeholder for the real gun you want.

at 3-400 yards the only thing the PRC does better than the creedmoor is eat $. You can probably trade that 7 SAUM brass for a mint t3x in 6.5 creed from someone who's desparate.

I wouldn't want a magnum bolt face or even long action nothin for a deer rifle. Overkill.

6.5 creedmoor - Tikka CTR or UPR 20" or browning xbolt hells canyon suppressor ready. 6 creedmoor would be more better yet but not an option..

If must stick with original options I'd still say tikka.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Deer out to possibly 400 with a future elk hunt possible? 7mm08 is the ticket. Load up on your favorite 7mm projos and use them for it and the 7SAUM you want in the future.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
S

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
If I'm unable to pickup or find a swfa 6x by the time I'm reading what some other scope recommendations be?

I don’t own one, but if I was going to buy a new rifle - it would definitely be a Tikka T3X.

For the price and quality - it’s a no brainer. Good luck!

f16jack

WKR
If I'm unable to pickup or find a swfa 6x by the time I'm reading what some other scope recommendations be?
Take a look at the Leupold VX3-HD, 3.5-10x40. part # 180617, or the 4.5-14x40. I've used the VX-3's, -5's and -6 HD's and have never had an issue with any of them. These are good scopes, made in America, outstanding warranty.

Try to stay with a scope that has a 40-44 objective lens. The smaller objective results in lighter weight scopes that makes your backpack elk hunt that much better.

Also, magnification above 14 would rarely be used when hunting. Mostly that high magnification is for the rifle range. If you are zoomed in much more than this it is very hard to reacquire the animal for a 2nd shot if needed (trust me, I've done this).