Rifle scopes you'd love to see Form test

Stocky

FNG

If these worked they appear to have a decent reticle and are a fair weight and price. Surely a few people could put in to get one sent to form. Be ideal if we could get some crowd funding for specific high demand scopes. Only takes a few guys to throw in $20. Atleast confirming they dont means it can be crossed of the list.

Stocky

FNG
It'd be fun to get a scope test program going where guys pool money to get a scope for testing. Then after the test, it's raffled off for those that put in.
For sure. I'm going to test the Element Helix at some stage however the reticles Definitely not as useful as the RS1.2 or even the US optics MHR. The last on in the classified sold for like $320 so it's s relatively affordable option to test.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
For sure. I'm going to test the Element Helix at some stage however the reticles Definitely not as useful as the RS1.2 or even the US optics MHR. The last on in the classified sold for like $320 so it's s relatively affordable option to test.
I was the former owner of that USO TS12 that sold, & would like to say that it is not an impressive scope at all

• Optically below average. Fisheyes at max magnification
  • Reticle is extremely thin. Ultimately is why I sold it. Hardly visible below 6x, let alone usable
It is the purest form of a budget Chinese scope, and I would not personally waste time doing any durability testing with it

The FFP model is barely suitable for airguns or rimfires (I had it on a .22). The SFP version would be better IMO, but at that point there are other SFP scope options that are better than the TS12

Last edited:

Stocky

FNG
I was the former owner of that USO TS12 that sold, & would like to say that it is not an impressive scope at all

• Optically below average. Fisheyes at max magnification
  • Reticle is extremely thin. Ultimately is why I sold it. Hardly visible below 6x, let alone usable
It is the purest form of a budget Chinese scope, and I would not personally waste time doing any durability testing with it

The FFP model is barely suitable for airguns or rimfires (I had it on a .22). The SFP version would be better IMO, but at that point there are other SFP scope options that are better than the TS12
Interesting it's subtensions on the page appear to have the same reticle thickness as the Maven except the black bars come on closer to the reticle on the USO and the post is lower. I'd have thought being a higher base mag that the USO would be near as visible.

Doesn't sounds promising.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Interesting it's subtensions on the page appear to have the same reticle thickness as the Maven except the black bars come on closer to the reticle on the USO and the post is lower. I'd have thought being a higher base mag that the USO would be near as visible.

Doesn't sounds promising.
I can't find a detailed reticle drawing for either one. But based on the online images of them, the TS12's "thicker" outside stadia are only half as thick as Maven's. Having looked through both, this seems about right
  • TS12 approx 0.2 MIL thick
  • Maven's approx 0.4 MIL thick

JGRaider

WKR
Uh, no, but if you've killed "thousands, plural" big game animals in your life you know you use your binos 10 times more than your riflescopes when you're actually hunting, unless you glass for hours through your riflescope.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Shows how much some people actually hunt, glass, etc.
To sidestep the obvious mirth, it’s clear that chest-worn 8 and 10x binos need to be durable. We just spent a week flinging ourselves onto them over and over. Companies seem to understand this. 15x observation binos were a totally different story. Everyone had multiple copies of Swaros, Razors etc sent back on a seasonal basis. My partner Evan even had his lose collumation during the course. Short story, it’s definitely a known problem in big bore binos.

-J

JGRaider

WKR
To sidestep the obvious mirth, it’s clear that chest-worn 8 and 10x binos need to be durable. We just spent a week flinging ourselves onto them over and over. Companies seem to understand this. 15x observation binos were a totally different story. Everyone had multiple copies of Swaros, Razors etc sent back on a seasonal basis. My partner Evan even had his lose collumation during the course. Short story, it’s definitely a known problem in big bore binos.

-J
Agree, but it's tough on 8x and 10x binocs as well if you use 'em enough. I've got to send a 2 yr old SLC 10x42 back for collimation issues right now, and there's not hardly a mark on them as they're only 2 years old. Swarovski is on an 8-10 week backlog as we speak.