Rifle scopes you'd love to see Form test

lhbackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
HA, looked at S2HU with Form and Co. Found this thread then 46 pages, countless links, and 5 hours later we made it to the end. Following for some valuable info and free entertainment.

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
I'd really like to see run of the mill budget scopes like the bushnell 4500 and burris fullfield evaluated. They seem to be good basic scopes if you're a set it and forget it type of user. I figure the fullfield with the simple ballistic reticle would be a great scope for kids to learn to shoot with without messing with dials.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I'm curious about the reliability of the Maven RS.2 2-10x38, mainly in regard to maintaining zero. It's not in what I consider the "long range" category because of the reticle and lack of elevation dial, but along the same lines as the SWFA 2.5-10x32, a lightweight set and forget. On some rifles, set and forget is all I need...if the zero doesn't wander.

I haven’t read all 46 pages but the one brand I haven’t seen mentioned at all in the various threads (but may have missed it) is Sig. is that because they’ve been found lacking already or just that no one’s brought them up? Seems like some of their line might fit the bill in terms of ffp and reticle and weight.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I haven’t read all 46 pages but the one brand I haven’t seen mentioned at all in the various threads (but may have missed it) is Sig. is that because they’ve been found lacking already or just that no one’s brought them up? Seems like some of their line might fit the bill in terms of ffp and reticle and weight.
I’ve got a sierra6 BDX I’d lend to the cause.

-J

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm curious about the reliability of the Maven RS.2 2-10x38, mainly in regard to maintaining zero. It's not in what I consider the "long range" category because of the reticle and lack of elevation dial, but along the same lines as the SWFA 2.5-10x32, a lightweight set and forget. On some rifles, set and forget is all I need...if the zero doesn't wander.

I somehow missed this scope when searching for a lightweight scope; I’d also be interested on how it fares

Clearly you're not. If you were, we wouldn't be having this convo.
Here is the deal, you think you are rite and I am wrong.
But I think I'm rite and you are an old boomer who thihe is better then other people and its your job to teach them rite from wrong.

How about your research involves doing the shit yourself instead of sucking off the teets of others to do it for you.

Form even says his sample size is small do it yourself.

Form advocates for wide FOV scopes. I’d like to see the Primary Arms FFP Compact PLxC 1-8×24 drop tested. Seems to get good reviews on the tactical side, maybe it’s good for hunting too?

Cannonball

Lil-Rokslider
My god talking to you is unproductive. Why are you even here? If you have such a low opinion of exchanging knowledge, what are you doing on internet forums in the first place?

Also, based on your pic, I'm pretty sure you're old enough to be *my* dad, old man. Maybe you mistook epistemic competence for age.
You two get a room, or a cage, whatever just stop mucking up the thread with your bromance

Mjolnir

FNG
Far be it for me to insert some basic STEM knowledge into a tech forum. For free. I guess I'll just go back to getting paid for my expertise. Curiously, I've never had to explain what is and isn't research, nor basic manners to a paying client, and a paying client has never banned me from speaking. Deuces.

Last edited: