Rifle Idea

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
Once again kicking a rifle idea around. I have gone thru all the threads regarding the 223, 6.5, 6mm/243, 7mm-08 and think I have decided to go 6mm Creedmoor. For my needs it seems like it work perfectly. Only issue is not many factory offerings. I'm kicking around the idea of buying a stainless tikka in a non-magnum short action caliber and having unknown munititions do the work. If you were putting together a 6mm Creedmoor which barrel length and twist rate would you go with

Why not just get a fast twist 243 win, and ai it if you feel the need?

I like the tikka idea, looked at seekins, bergera's and others at euro optics, and tikka won.

How are the bergara's i've heard mixed reviews? Or are most of the issues in the B-14 line.
The premiers are a completely different rifle than the B-14s. Premiers are made in Georgia. The imports are garbage. I have an approach 6CM that will outshoot any custom.

OP
S

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
Why not just get a fast twist 243 win, and ai it if you feel the need?

I like the tikka idea, looked at seekins, bergera's and others at euro optics, and tikka won.
Don't want to reload at this point.

Reactions: NSI

waspocrew

WKR
Seekins is the easy button. Buy what makes you happy though - if you want to go the Tikka route, do it!

khuber84

WKR
My 24" ph2 6cm shoots really well. Barrel is fast too. It's 100fps faster than my 22" Ace with the same exact loads. If you seek a shorter barrel, I think you could snip 1.5" off the end prior to getting into the flutes.

ljalberta

WKR
I have a 6CM Tikka from UM coming with a 20” 7.5 twist barrel. If I could run a suppressor I would drop to 18”. And for a barrel I think 7 twist is ideal on the 6 CM, but the wait for the barrel I wanted was less with the 7.5 twist.

I just bought a Seekins 6 creed and took it to the range today with factory 108 eldm , 103 eldx and 108 Berger EH. It shot everything great , especially the 108 eldm Shots 38-40 at 600 .
c2e0e88bfcad4b4a365cafb6a1a37d56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
6 CM is magic. I suggest Tikka and a rebarrel based on price and performance, but there are many options. Find the short action you like, and rock on.
My goal is to eek out as much speed as I can without the barrel too being obnoxiously long for hunting.

TaperPin

WKR
My goal is to eek out as much speed as I can without the barrel too being obnoxiously long for hunting.
26” barrels have always been my favorites and have never hung up on anything, so I’m trying a 28” #3 and love it. All my new big game barrels will be this combination. :)

I find it comical that so many guys love super short barrels and hunt open country.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
26” barrels have always been my favorites and have never hung up on anything, so I’m trying a 28” #3 and love it. All my new big game barrels will be this combination. :)

I find it comical that so many guys love super short barrels and hunt open country.
Guessing you're not suppressing :)

-J