Revic BLR10b Rangefinding Binoculars

Runwilderness

Lil-Rokslider
I would 2nd that there is a difference between quality and capability. I’m sure the spy satellite cameras give far better capability to pick up detail from miles away than my iPhone camera, but I’m not going to bash my iPhone as poor quality because it doesn’t have a $1bn build of materials.

Are there any legit reviews of the Vector X range enhancers? I’m currently on the fence of whether to go Revic or Sig and pack the spotter when I need more detail (or cough up for another 12x+’set of nice binos) vs going with the Vector 10x with enhancers to get to 14x

Reactions: NSI

ID_Matt

WKR
Lack of quality or realistic tradeoffs? There is no RF bino that you can buy that has the glass of NL Pure’s with the capability of the Revics.

I don’t intend this to be rude at all, however unless you got two bad samples of Revic’s- I believe you are falling into the group with others that are picky for picky sake, and it has little to do with function. Lots of people are like that about certain things, but it tends to become an outsized issue when others listen/read what they are saying.

The BLR10b’s have better image quality than Sig Kilo’s, Vortex Fury’s, Nikon Laser guide, and the others of the ilk. They do not have the image pop of Leica Geovid Pro’s, Swarovski EL range, or Zeiss RF.
Do you think it is being overly picky or is it more dependent on how a guy hunts? I am not so concerned with elk as they are giant yellow school buses that seem to move all the time and are easy to spot. Mule deer on the other hand, I find myself glassing for hours at a time from a tripod. I can see a guy being less picky if they are the constant moving type that glasses for a few minutes and then keeps moving.

Last edited:
Do you think it is being overly picky or is it more dependent on how a guy hunts? I am not so concerned with elk as they are giant yellow school buses that seem to move all the time and area easy to spot. Mule deer on the other hand, I find myself glassing for hours at a time from a tripod. I can see a guy being less picky if they are the constant moving time that glasses for a few minutes and then keeps moving.
Haha. Elk hunting with some of my western buddies and I wonder why they bring glass at all!
I like to live behind my binos. Definitely different priorities with different styles.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Do you think it is being overly picky or is it more dependent on how a guy hunts?

Yes to both? There’s at least two different aspects to it.
The first is one is whether the Revics “suck” to glass from. No, he didn’t state that exactly, but the general tone from what he and a couple stated- that’s what I would take from it. And, I have gotten asked by a couple people “if they are that bad”. That’s why I responded. In general, “glass” differences are way overstated and overblown.

And….

I am not so concerned with elk as they are giant yellow school buses that seem to move all the time and are easy to spot. Mule deer on the other hand, I find myself glassing for hours at a time from a tripod. I can see a guy being less picky if they are the constant moving type that glasses for a few minutes and then keeps moving.

The second aspect, is about how one hunts and realistic expectations. The Revics aren’t dedicated binos to put on a tripod- none of the RF binos are if one is that critical of “glass”. RF binos on your chest are for scanning, and “I see that animal, I want to kill that animal”.
I would argue that glassing on a tripod for “hours” or glassing intensely with any 8 or 10x bino isn’t the answer. 10x binos are for scanning quickly until seeing something that needs a more detailed look, then 14/15x bingos or a spotter comes out. For sure there are exceptions to that (coues, some mule deer maybe) but they are very specific and narrow, and don’t really apply to anyone not doing that exact thing. And for that use, the Revics while not the best, are perfectly functional and actually pretty decent.

I suppose, for me it’s more like “don’t allow your very niche use or preference, effect or sway the vast majority that aren’t doing that specific thing- into an answer that isn’t right for their general use”. I could probably sway a lot of people into gear that is suited to my very niche uses that doesn’t apply to them, by just talking about it a certain way…. but I don’t.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I would 2nd that there is a difference between quality and capability. I’m sure the spy satellite cameras give far better capability to pick up detail from miles away than my iPhone camera, but I’m not going to bash my iPhone as poor quality because it doesn’t have a $1bn build of materials.

Are there any legit reviews of the Vector X range enhancers? I’m currently on the fence of whether to go Revic or Sig and pack the spotter when I need more detail (or cough up for another 12x+’set of nice binos) vs going with the Vector 10x with enhancers to get to 14x

It is unlikely that the Vector’s with booster is going to please anyone that actually expects a very good image. They aren’t going to be 15x Swaros.

huntnful

WKR
Lack of quality or realistic tradeoffs? There is no RF bino that you can buy that has the glass of NL Pure’s with the capability of the Revics.

I don’t intend this to be rude at all, however unless you got two bad samples of Revic’s- I believe you are falling into the group with others that are picky for picky sake, and it has little to do with function. Lots of people are like that about certain things, but it tends to become an outsized issue when others listen/read what they are saying.

The BLR10b’s have better image quality than Sig Kilo’s, Vortex Fury’s, Nikon Laser guide, and the others of the ilk. They do not have the image pop of Leica Geovid Pro’s, Swarovski EL range, or Zeiss RF.
The gentleman I was responding to was talking about binoculars in general not needing edge to clarity. There are several companies and models that have edge to edge clarity. So anything that doesn’t is a step down in quality.

When it comes to ranging binos that drop in optical quality (it’s still a drop in quality whether it’s justified or not) is because of a trade off. And it’s up to the individual to decide how much it matters each feature matters to them.

If you’re mostly glassing off a tripod looking for deer in a burn at 1500-2000 yards away, you’re likely to be disappointed in them for an observation device. Just like the other 4 people were that said the exact same thing as me and had the same exact experience behind them.

I don’t think there there is any harm in providing a different perspective of then before people run out and drop $2500 on a pair of binos.

I own them, I use them, I am currently using them, I like them for what they are. But they are not a bino someone would be happy sitting behind on a tripod for several hours. Just like everyone else that uses them in that manner has confirmed. I’m not being picky, I’m being honest lol.

I also said the vast majority of hunters would like them and benefit from them and not even notice.

huntnful

WKR
Yes to both? There’s at least two different aspects to it.
The first is one is whether the Revics “suck” to glass from. No, he didn’t state that exactly, but the general tone from what he and a couple stated- that’s what I would take from it. And, I have gotten asked by a couple people “if they are that bad”. That’s why I responded. In general, “glass” differences are way overstated and overblown.

And….

The second aspect, is about how one hunts and realistic expectations. The Revics aren’t dedicated binos to put on a tripod- none of the RF binos are if one is that critical of “glass”. RF binos on your chest are for scanning, and “I see that animal, I want to kill that animal”.
I would argue that glassing on a tripod for “hours” or glassing intensely with any 8 or 10x bino isn’t the answer. 10x binos are for scanning quickly until seeing something that needs a more detailed look, then 14/15x bingos or a spotter comes out. For sure there are exceptions to that (coues, some mule deer maybe) but they are very specific and narrow, and don’t really apply to anyone not doing that exact thing. And for that use, the Revics while not the best, are perfectly functional and actually pretty decent.

I suppose, for me it’s more like “don’t allow your very niche use or preference, effect or sway the vast majority that aren’t doing that specific thing- into an answer that isn’t right for their general use”. I could probably sway a lot of people into gear that is suited to my very niche uses that doesn’t apply to them, by just talking about it a certain way…. but I don’t.
Well said.

I’m definitely not trying to talk people out of them. I freaking have them on my chest lol. I’m just trying to bring awareness to all possible users of them before they buy.

I don’t think anyone would be amazed to sit behind any ranging bino on the market for a long duration glassing session. I’m sure the vectors aren’t anything special glass wise. Have to fit too much other important shit inside the bino.

huntnful

WKR
Glassed him with regular binos this morning, but easy enough to find and get a range at 1452 yards with the revics afterwards. Sure I would have seen him with the Revics alone. So elk in a burn out to at least a mile, you’re fine. Good enough for the vast majority of hunters.
IMG_7173.png

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Let’s say I forget about the vectors plus booster for a moment. I keep my revics on my chest.

What’s the cost/weight/effectiveness nexus for one more piece of glass that will be used for spotting and extended glassing? Is it a set of 14-18x alpha binoculars (meostar 15)? A spotter with a reticle (leupy mk4)? Binos with a reticle (maven 18)? Bigger ranging binos like a Leica geovid r 15?

-J

huntnful

WKR
Let’s say I forget about the vectors plus booster for a moment. I keep my revics on my chest.

What’s the cost/weight/effectiveness nexus for one more piece of glass that will be used for spotting and extended glassing? Is it a set of 14-18x alpha binoculars (meostar 15)? A spotter with a reticle (leupy mk4)? Binos with a reticle (maven 18)? Bigger ranging binos like a Leica geovid r 15?

-J
I use Revics on my chest. And have 14 NL pures and a Kowa 884 spotter in my pack. I usually get to high vantages over glassable country and look from right in front of me out to 2 miles or further depending on the animal or terrain. I’m looking for mature deer, and in most cases for elk, any decent bull. I find them, and normally have to close the distance to kill them.

If you hunt similar to that, it has been a great combo for me personally and you might like it as well.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU

-J

For most of what I have seen and done, it’s a set of good/great 15x’ish binos. Swaro 15x or 14x Pure, Meopta 15x, etc. That changes if someone is literally trying to see the difference between a 164” deer and a 165” deer. Then an Alpha spotter has to come into play.

Now for an example of what I wrote earlier about niche uses, 15x Geovid R’s will probably become the answer for me/us.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
For most of what I have seen and done, it’s a set of good/great 15x’ish binos. Swaro 15x or 14x Pure, Meopta 15x, etc. That changes if someone is literally trying to see the difference between a 164” deer and a 165” deer. Then an Alpha spotter has to come into play.

Now for an example of what I wrote earlier about niche uses, 15x Geovid R’s will probably become the answer for me/us.
Gracias. What are the chances I could convince Leica to throw a mil reticle in the 15x geovid Rs? I hate having no reference for windage corrections when spotting. If wishes were fishes, my partner could hand me a phone/range card and with ranging 15s and a reticle I’d be done in a single optic. I don’t care about counting brow tines.

-J

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Gracias. What are the chances I could convince Leica to throw a mil reticle in the 15x geovid Rs? I hate having no reference for windage corrections when spotting. If wishes were fishes, my partner could hand me a phone/range card and with ranging 15s and a reticle I’d be done in a single optic. I don’t care about counting brow tines.

-J

Just above 0. However…. The ranging box is a certain mil measurement.

I have the 10X42 geovid r. I have never been so pleasantly surprised. They are a phenomenal tool. The 15s will be my next optics purchase