Revic BLR10b Rangefinding Binoculars

FB Trout

Lil-Rokslider
I have it set in this mode so that I can use the angle compensated range to have my sons use their DOPE cards for their various loads and chamberings.

I’ve now had the Revic’s on several hunts and outtings. And I will definitely say it’s been super nice having ranging binos again.

The deer I’ve killed, I would have killed a with handheld also. Wasn’t really any rushed scenarios. But just for hunting in general and the added stability of using two hands when ranging as well as having a full clear image has been so nice.

I range things way more often now to get a better lay of the land and vantages and what not.

Also I will NEVER settle on ranging ability. I was able to aid in the recovery of a hard to find buck in burnt timber by getting a range on him at 1775 yards (I watched someone else shoot him) and being able to put a pin right on him on OnX.

I figured whoever killed him would have a hard time finding him, so I decided to go make sure they got their buck. I was there before them and my pin was about 3 yards from the buck.

Being able to range longer distances is constantly coming in handy in the field when making hunt decisions.

Were you able to pin him in ONx with the Revics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

huntnful

WKR
Were you able to pin him in ONx with the Revics?

Not in conjunction. Just ranging him, and then correlating it to OnX manually. That’s twice I’ve had to range bucks over a mile away in order to recover, or kill them.

Not in conjunction. Just ranging him, and then correlating it to OnX manually. That’s twice I’ve had to range bucks over a mile away in order to recover, or kill them.

Ah, ok.

I just picked up a set of Revics and am having some buyers remorse after playing with them a bit.

huntnful

WKR
Ah, ok.

I just picked up a set of Revics and am having some buyers remorse after playing with them a bit.

IMO the glass is sub par. Especially for intensive glassing sessions. I would never use them as a stand alone hunting bino unfortunately. I carry a pair of 14X52 NL pures with my everywhere also.

But I haven’t found anything that compares to them with ranging abilities and ballistic calculations and ease of wind inputs.

I think the new sigs and vector binos are now similar, but I haven’t personally used them.

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
The Revic does have an option where it will give you a BDC “shoot to” distance which is essentially an angle compensated range. When in this mode, it will flash the line of sight distance first, then the angle compensated range.
Yes, but that BDC "shoot to" distance is also correcting for any atmospherics too. Would be nice to just have an option for simple angle corrected distance.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
IMO the glass is sub par. Especially for intensive glassing sessions. I would never use them as a stand alone hunting bino unfortunately. I carry a pair of 14X52 NL pures with my everywhere also.

But I haven’t found anything that compares to them with ranging abilities and ballistic calculations and ease of wind inputs.

I think the new sigs and vector binos are now similar, but I haven’t personally used them.
I never noticed glass issues with the Revics in competition, but they have been substantially bothersome as a primary hunting optic this season. I need to get my hands on the Vectors. The siren song of range+data+reticle+enhancers in terms of its impact on my overall gear footprint (binos, big binos, spotters) is too interesting to ignore.

-J

huntnful

WKR
I never noticed glass issues with the Revics in competition, but they have been substantially bothersome as a primary hunting optic this season. I need to get my hands on the Vectors. The siren song of range+data+reticle+enhancers in terms of its impact on my overall gear footprint (binos, big binos, spotters) is too interesting to ignore.

-J
Absolutely. You don’t hardly notice it if you’re just ranging things and hand holding to look at country.

Put them on a tripod and try to actually glass…. and they are trash IMO. Of course they’ll get the job done under some conditions though.

They are strictly a killing/ranging tool in my arsenal, not a glassing tool.

Reactions: NSI

ID_Matt

WKR
Can someone please do a Revic vs vectronix vs sig gen 2 review???? I was all set on wanting the Revic for all of its positive reviews but I am sure struggling with the idea of giving up my swaro glass if I am going to be immediately disappointed in glass quality.

Reactions: NSI

CCooper

WKR
Also in the underwhelmed camp with the glass after spending some time with them. If you are used to Swaro quality glass, I cannot see anyone being happy with them as a glassing tool, but they are the cat's ass for a killing tool. Like @huntnful , my NL's or STX still tag along.

huntnful

WKR
Can someone please do a Revic vs vectronix vs sig gen 2 review???? I was all set on wanting the Revic for all of its positive reviews but I am sure struggling with the idea of giving up my swaro glass if I am going to be immediately disappointed in glass quality.
You’ll still want a pair of swaros for sure. I just came to the realization that no ranging bino will compare to NL pures. The Swaro EL TA actually has great glass, but I can throw a rock further than that POS can range a giant green tree lol

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Reading all of this RF chest bino being acquire/target tool, not up to par for "glassing" makes me think the alpha 32mm RF binos that are a bit smaller may be a better fit for this use. Would be hard to give up tripod mounted Swaros. Revic needs to bust some minis out. BUT - Revics are already the size of most 32 RF binos if not smaller.

Makes me think some 32mm sigs would be a nice option, if they were reliable. Of course there's a 6K HDX version now but only in 42mm.

Still sitting on the sidelines with my CRF-Pro handheld and ELs. Still want RF Binos. Ugh.

huntnful

WKR
Reading all of this RF chest bino being acquire/target tool, not up to par for "glassing" makes me think the alpha 32mm RF binos that are a bit smaller may be a better fit for this use. Would be hard to give up tripod mounted Swaros. Revic needs to bust some minis out. BUT - Revics are already the size of most 32 RF binos if not smaller.

Makes me think some 32mm sigs would be a nice option, if they were reliable. Of course there's a 6K HDX version now but only in 42mm.

Still sitting on the sidelines with my CRF-Pro handheld and ELs. Still want RF Binos. Ugh.
Absolutely. I was strongly debating in the 10X32 swaro EL TA. But just simple can’t give up the ranging ability, and I like the wind inputs in the bino as well.

But I’d be all about a 10X32 Revic or something with similar ranging and functions