Revic BLR10b Rangefinding Binoculars

fwafwow

WKR
Something new is always coming, and as a general thing AB tends to get complicated with details and options. This isn’t a bad thing necessarily, but for hunting it can be.
Good point
Are you spotting shots for other shooters regularly?
While it would be best for me to leave this as a FUQ, I want to practice what I preach. "No"
I’ve seen it. Their focus and use isn’t western hunting- it’s PRS. So their conclusions may or may not match.
And they may be selling it, not that doing so inherently is a problem.

SloppyJ

WKR
I found a deal on the new Gen2 Kilo 10ks so I'm stoked to see how the glass looks. The videos make it look really nice but we will see.

The vectronix are in pre-sale pricing right now and are a decent buy. The range extenders seem like a good idea but optically I'm not sure if they work well or not. Part of me likes the etched reticle but the vast majority of the time, I'm using them for me and not spotting shots.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Ballistics worth it for 600 and in?

I sold my 8x Geovid-R because I decided I wanted 10x and didn't love waiting on EHR. I'm planning to buy Meopta Optika LR 10x42 next because I think they will give me the closest thing to the optic I want (Swaro SLC w/ simple RF).

I'm assuming while you were at Shoot2hunt the mil solution of the Revics simply worked better than looking at dope card on stock? Maybe I should spend more for Revics? (600 and in hunting.)
The Revics just put the solution right in front of your face, no thought. The quick Mil for drop is a great to know, especially if your rifle fits the bad/normal/good algorithm. My rifle last year was perfect normal (base 2.0) out to 600 or 650 yards, then I chopped it and it is closer (within 0.1mil to 600 yards with base 1.8) to a bad gun. The 7 PRC I put together doesn't place nice with the quick drops.

I'd like to start shooting further for practice, so the Revics were hard to argue against.

I'll still have drop cards for each rifle as backup.

Last edited:

ddowning

Lil-Rokslider
The Revics just put the solution right in front of your face, no thought. The quick Mil for drop is a great to know, especially if your rifle fits the bad/normal/good algorithm. My rifle last year was perfect normal (base 2.0) out to 600 or 650 yards, then I chopped it and it is closer (within 0.1mil to 600 yards with base 1.8) to a bad gun. The 7 PRC I put together doesn't place nice with the quick drops.

I'd like to start shooting further for practice, so the Revics were hard to argue against.

I'll still have drop cards for each rifle as backup.
Some combos don't match quick drop. Put bdc turret marks on your normal mil turret. If conditions change you can wash off and mark again. With revic, you can run bdc mode and it will compensate for changing conditions.

I tried the fury binos with ballistics (borrowed) at an nrl hunter match that was cold. It took so long to display the solution that I used the bdc turret and didn't wait for the dope to display. I have not written down a wind call for several years (use bc/mph gun method on the fly).

Dobermann

WKR
You mean the bino or the mil/leo discount? You can order directly from Gunwerks.com or Revicoptics.com. we do offer a discount for active mil/leo. Call in and we can get that done over the phone. (307) 296-7301
Yes, I was referring to the discount. Do you offer to active emergency management also? Or happy to take this to PM to not clutter the thread.

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone know if magnetic Bino Harnesses will mess w function of these?
I've heard mixed reports on this. Haven't formally tested it myself. But I prefer to avoid magnetic harnesses as there's definitely potential for strong magnets in proximity to the sensitive compass in your unit to be effected. Better to just avoid it if possible, IMO.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
@Formidilosus - once you load a ballistic profile into the binoculars from your phone it's kept in the software there and does not require an active connection to the phone/app for solving, correct?
No connection to phone needed unless you want to change rifle/load, at least as I understand it there isn’t an option to change rifle/load profiles on the binos. They have some YouTube tutorials as well.

Thejet

WKR
These binos are amazing….as long as your eyes are not too close together! Finally had to give up on them like i had to on the zeiss 10x54 because eyes are too close to ever get them to actually focus. Have to figure out a runner up now.

Venatic

FNG
I got rid of my Revic’s and went to the Vortex’s for two reasons.. one was I couldn’t see any difference in the glass and two better warranty with the Vortex. The Revic did give a quicker ballistic solution but for hunting it wasn’t a big enough deal to warrant the price difference.

Juan_ID

WKR
Was able to get my hands on a pair of these binos a couple weeks ago and so far have been liking them with daily use on and off since receiving them. Really like the size and how fast they range and display dope. Ive been using slc 10x42’s and a separate rf for the past several years and haven’t had any issues but really like the idea of a combined unit for simplicity’s sake. I know for sure having a combined unit has sped my process up for nrl hunter matches.. Looking forward to spending more time with them as hunting season draws near.
IMG_8435.jpeg

huntnful

WKR
How do you like these vs your old Zeiss RF? Been mulling over which RF bino to go with.
I would say the Zeiss had SLIGHTLY better glass. But I can’t even confirm that. It’s just a remembrance thing, since I’ve never had them side by side. But literally everything else about the Revic is superior.

And I mulled it over to when I was deciding what RF bino to get this time around. Still came back to the Revic.

If you are using a ranging bino for all of your glassing, as well as shooting and ranging only at moderate ranges, it is tough to beat the swaros. But their lack of ranging ability (barely 12-1400 yards for me) and no ability to input winds, was a no go for me with shooting longer ranges, even if just for practicing.

JakeSCH

WKR
I would say the Zeiss had SLIGHTLY better glass. But I can’t even confirm that. It’s just a remembrance thing, since I’ve never had them side by side. But literally everything else about the Revic is superior.

And I mulled it over to when I was deciding what RF bino to get this time around. Still came back to the Revic.

If you are using a ranging bino for all of your glassing, as well as shooting and ranging only at moderate ranges, it is tough to beat the swaros. But their lack of ranging ability (barely 12-1400 yards for me) and no ability to input winds, was a no go for me with shooting longer ranges, even if just for practicing.

Yeah I used the NL 12x and BR4 combo last year. I may just keep it for one more year but the BLR10b with NL14x is very appealing.

huntnful

WKR
Yeah I used the NL 12x and BR4 combo last year. I may just keep it for one more year but the BLR10b with NL14x is very appealing.
It was appealing enough to make me switch and cost me an extra $2500 hahaha. I don’t know if I can say the glass combo will find me more animals. But having ranging binos to kill animals is definitely beneficial