Respond to people who accept your offer.

BigSky

WKR
I don't do individual call out threads. And I know, someone will come here and say "grow up" or "waa waa". That's fine. However, we have lost most of our decorum and common courtesy in this country. If someone lists something for sale and you send them a pm with trade offers and then they accept, you owe them, yes owe them, the courtesy of another reply. Personally, I'm O.K. with a reply that states, "I've changed my mind"; but, you don't just ignore them.

I know we don't have the indicator here as some forums do that the message has been read. However, what we do have are two features. One, the red indicator of an incoming unread message. Two, we have a feature whereby another user can look at your profile and see when you were last on the forum. Yes, a continuous log in can change that; however, it does change when you have logged off and logged back on.

Here endeth the rant. I hope all have a great day.

OP
BigSky

BigSky

WKR
I appreciate the "leave feedback" comment. However, I draw a distinction between what I deem discourteous or rude behavior and bad dealings. Personally, I won't damage an individual's "honest dealing" reputation, if indeed he has it, just to embarrass him or to convey that he was rude. That, in my opinion, would almost be worse behavior than not responding as described. That may just be me, but that's my personal opinion and I won't do it. I do appreciate the suggestion though.

svivian

WKR
I appreciate the "leave feedback" comment. However, I draw a distinction between what I deem discourteous or rude behavior and bad dealings. Personally, I won't damage an individual's "honest dealing" reputation, if indeed he has it, just to embarrass him or to convey that he was rude. That, in my opinion, would almost be worse behavior than not responding as described. That may just be me, but that's my personal opinion and I won't do it. I do appreciate the suggestion though.
You can leave neutral feedback with details of the communication

MattB

WKR
It is sad these days, but it amazes me how many people are scared to say "changed my mind, sorry". They'd rather just hide their head in the sand, A sad reflection of our current society.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I agree. Except when people insult me with ridiculous lowball offers, I stop participating I. Discussions after that.

Even worse, when people ask you to text them pics so you take all the pics they are asking for, answer all of their questions and then they stop responding.

Yeah it’s just the new norm. Just like people not returning calls. Tans my hide!!! Call me back and tell me to pound sand, whatever. Just call me back!

I agreed to buy some ammo from a guy on here after some negotiation. I said yes I will take it. 8 months later nothing. I PMd home and he says “huh I don’t recall that, I’m pretty busy”.

Too busy to sell stuff … don’t post it !

mullmann

Lil-Rokslider
Drives me nuts when buyers reach out saying they want an item and then go silent for hours. If you start a conversation about buying an item get the deal finished in a timely manner.

I agree. It's very frustrating. Had 2 items listed last week, didn't want to split them unless I had buyers for both.. 2 parties agreed to an item, sold 1 and then the second buyer decides to back out.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
leave feedback
Feedback is for when a transaction has actually taken place and gone wrong. If no money or items have transferred, a transaction has not occurred.

Allowing feedback to be left when no transaction has taken place is a recipe for disaster.

There is nothing wrong with what apparently happened to the OP other than his feeling that it is wrong.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
A few years back a guy on Archery Talk posted some stuff and I replied that I'd take it all, it was a good deal. He was a long time very active member and was never heard from again......to me or even on the website. Not sure if he died or what.

Drives me nuts when buyers reach out saying they want an item and then go silent for hours. If you start a conversation about buying an item get the deal finished in a timely manner.

I don't know about "hours", but days is unacceptable.

I have had a couple of occasions where something is posted, I jump on it and do the "I'll take it." in the thread and follow up with a PM and then have to get off and take care of something (work, honey-dos, etc.) and may not get back on the forum that day. It happens. I will, however, get back on as soon as I can to finalize the details of the deal.
I have only had one seller and one buyer back out because of that. So be it.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see a trend of folks not returning calls, emails etc. I've had people reach out to me with job offers or offers to purchase an item then ghost me-why reach out and then not respond. As BigSky wrote-just respond. Doesn't have to be what I want to hear just let me know you are not continuing with said transaction.

I try to respond to all communications in a timely manner so I am not a contributor to this trend.

It reflects poor character and or bad etiquette. It is so simple to do the right thing but so many don't.

Obviously, you aren’t in any type of sales role lol if clients who can literally benefit from lower cost, more appropriate solutions that would have earned/saved hundreds of thousands of dollars over a period of time ghost us, what’s a little $100 deal on rokslide lol There is a definite lack of common courtesy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback is for when a transaction has actually taken place and gone wrong. If no money or items have transferred, a transaction has not occurred.

Allowing feedback to be left when no transaction has taken place is a recipe for disaster.

There is nothing wrong with what apparently happened to the OP other than his feeling that it is wrong.
i disagree. if someone says I'll take in the thread then never sends payment a day later or ghost the seller they should get dinged with feedback so the next potential seller knows that their word can't be trusted. That's the only instance i'd disagree.

As for transactions. things come up. If i send someone my paypal to send money and i don't have anything after a couple hourse I send another pm, you have 24 hrs as a curtesy, or im moving on. That seems fair. If someone else says i'll take it if they don't i tell them i gave buyer 24 hrs to pay if they dont you're next. and update them as the transaction occurs. no issues in 70+ transactions on here and archerytalk. just communicate