Remington 600 Bottom Metal Blueprint Help?

CMCctx

FNG
First question you'll probably ask is "why", and you'd likely not be far off the mark, but here goes:

If one was so inclined to have a shop machine a custom bottom metal for AI mags for a Remington 600, how would one go about designing or giving proper instructions for such a thing? This was my first rifle and my boys are finally starting to be able to hunt with me so I've been kicking around this dream of updating it for them. I fully understand that the monetary measurement of this endeavor does not make sense, but it's more about keeping this thing alive rather than getting rid of it or (worse) just letting it rot away in the back of the safe.

So what's the best way to find out if this is even feasible? Pull dimensions from the factory trigger guard and work backward from there? Scrap the factory and work off of the action itself?

Your best bet is to give someone like Wyatt's or PTG a call to see if they will make one up for you using your existing bottom metal as the template.

It isn't going to be even remotely cheap. Probably as much as a good custom stock to have it made.

Dennis

WKR
Not sure this helps, but I restocked mine to a Brown Precision Stock with a blind magazine and Remington ADL trigger guard in 350 Rem Mag.

TMKSHOOTER

Lil-Rokslider
Might be easier to modify a model 7 bottom metal. I know there different but might be easier than designing a completely new bottom metal. Might get lucky and just have move the holes for the action screws.

OP
C

CMCctx

FNG
Thanks for the ideas! Yea, I'm fairly certain that when it's all said and done it will cost more than I wanted it to, and likely will not give me anything that I couldn't have done for cheaper (and likely more efficiently). It's the irrational sentimental value that I'm really after here. I want to give my boys my first rifle, but updated.